Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First crash
1305 13 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robertking975
New
Flight distance : 141699 ft
United States

So I have about 18 flights in now and this is my 5 drone. I love the mavic in every way but today got distracted for 2 sec and boom into a tree and unfortunately road underneath. When it came down boom camera went one way and drone the other..... damn   So next question better to send out to fix or just order the parts??? I have history of working on drones from past crashes but I feel like I don't wanna risk anything what's everyone's opinion???
IMG_0499.JPG
IMG_0499.JPG
2017-9-1
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Hey man
Sorry about crash. Similar incident happen to me. For what it will cost to buy parts and time to change I , it will be same or cheaper to send it in if in USA. They had to replace mine an it seem about the same. It was about a 30 day turn around time between me sending and receiving.  Also not sure how new it is, but if you open up and do repair your self I believe it will void any future warranty as well I believe. You can goto a similar post or even my old 1 and ask admin for some help getting started and then they will keep you informed as well. I had a very positive experience.  Hope this help. Good luck!
2017-9-1
Use props
Robertking975
New
United States

Thanks yea don't want to void any warranty. I'm surprised the sensors didn't pick it up I've read some post about it may have them check them out as well. But thanks for your help
2017-9-1
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear about your crash

contact DJI and they will ask for your flight (blackbox) data.  Did you get the DJI CARE package as I would be covered under that program.

good luck, keep us posted on the outcome.
2017-9-1
Use props
Gmman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1003150 ft
United States

Not the same issue but shows you how it comes apart and what you would need for parts.
2017-9-1
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

That sucks.  Sorry to hear that.

That's actually how I crashed my Phantom the first time.  It was okay, but the camera wasn't, so I sent it in to Drone Nerds to have them replace it.
2017-9-1
Use props
Sledboy
Flight distance : 3818140 ft
United States

Does DJI give quotes before you send it in?  Or do they assess the damage and get permission before making the repairs?
2017-9-1
Use props
Robertking975
New
United States

So that video helped but so far I'm only able to locate the one wire harness on eBay "picture w/frayed cable". Now the flat cable/wire that connects inside the gible right behind the camera. That's the one that looks more of a detailed fix....anyone have any history working with it not finding much. Thanks for the help
image.jpg
image.jpg
2017-9-1
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sledboy Posted at 2017-9-1 08:16
Does DJI give quotes before you send it in?  Or do they assess the damage and get permission before making the repairs?

No, you need to get an RMA number from Support...once you have that you put it on the outside of the box...then you send it in....they will then give you a quote via email.
2017-9-1
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

whoa!  ya thats the only thing im worried about with crashing...   i heard that the extended sunhoods provide extra bump protection and dont interfer with gimbal range too much if at all.. im not sure, but the extended once do seem wider and more open top and bottom.. i may get myself one to keep in my bag for trips in unfamiliar areas or if i lending my friends my mavic pro.
2017-9-1
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Robertking975 Posted at 2017-9-1 08:20
So that video helped but so far I'm only able to locate the one wire harness on eBay "picture w/frayed cable". Now the flat cable/wire that connects inside the gible right behind the camera. That's the one that looks more of a detailed fix....anyone have any history working with it not finding much. Thanks for the help

Check out YouTube, there are plenty of DIY gimbal repair videos, especially regarding that flat cable.
2017-9-1
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Sorry about your crash.
If I were at USA I would send it to DJI. I am not a DIY guy.
Cheers.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We are so sorry for the crash, to ensure the safety and performance, I would recommend you send the drone in for diagnosis and get it repaired by the engineers, please contact the Support to start a case, here is a link for your reference. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sledboy Posted at 2017-9-1 08:16

Nope, send the drone in first,  they'll assess the damage after it arrived, then send a quotation email.
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules