Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tracking Stolen Inspire 1s
2732 18 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ETA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

My two inspire 1 drones along with ancillary equipment  and  other valuables were stolen from me.   Thank god they didn't take my cameras including my xt,  proving that they are truely idiots!

Anyway.  Does DJI have a way of knowing when these aircraft are flying?   Any help is greatly appreiciated.

Thanks
Ed
2017-9-1
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

You wouldn't happen to know your drone's serial number, do you?
2017-9-1
Use props
ETA
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TN Lone Wolf Posted at 2017-9-1 07:48
You wouldn't happen to know your drone's serial number, do you?

Yes i do.

2017-9-1
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

I've read you can have DJI deactivate the drone remotely.  Hopefully one of the admins will chime in pretty soon with further instructions.

In the meantime, you might put some of the local pawn shops on high alert.  I doubt most thieves would have any use for an Inspire, other than to sell it.

Sorry to hear about you being robbed.
2017-9-1
Use props
ETA
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TN Lone Wolf Posted at 2017-9-1 07:55
I've read you can have DJI deactivate the drone remotely.  Hopefully one of the admins will chime in pretty soon with further instructions.

In the meantime, you might put some of the local pawn shops on high alert.  I doubt most thieves would have any use for an Inspire, other than to sell it.

Great info Thank you.
2017-9-1
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Where about in the country do you live ?

Perhaps put an ad in the paper or better yet Put a Poster at the Scene of the crime  offering a reward if they simply return the AC .

Thiefs almost ALWAYS return to the scene of the crime to see what is going on .

Best of luck

donnie
2017-9-1
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

Well what can they do with it as soon as it gets switched on you can instant check it so just wait i'm sorry you lost it but i'm sure that it will come back to you ;) Best of luck ETA
2017-9-1
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

TheKJ Posted at 2017-9-1 14:11
Well what can they do with it as soon as it gets switched on you can instant check it so just wait i'm sorry you lost it but i'm sure that it will come back to you ;) Best of luck ETA

How do you instant check it?
2017-9-2
Use props
ETA
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-1 12:31
Where about in the country do you live ?

Perhaps put an ad in the paper or better yet Put a Poster at the Scene of the crime  offering a reward if they simply return the AC .

Thanks Donnie.

I am monitoring craigs list and ebay.   I live in upstate NY.

They better hope they don't return to scene of the crime.

DJI said i could turn on my go app on my ipad (which i still have) and if they are flying it it will show up on my screen.   It is a nice day here i am going to give it try.
2017-9-2
Use props
ETA
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheKJ Posted at 2017-9-1 14:11

What is instant check?  
2017-9-2
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-2 10:12
How do you instant check it?

Well talk to DJI as soon as it connects to there server side it should flag up as stolen then dji can help you im sure there more than happy to after to paying 3 to 6K on there drone
2017-9-2
Use props
ETA
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheKJ Posted at 2017-9-2 10:34
Well talk to DJI as soon as it connects to there server side it should flag up as stolen then dji can help you im sure there more than happy to after to paying 3 to 6K on there drone

I spoke with DJI and they said they have no way of tracking them.

I wish one of the DJI folks on the board could give me some guidance.

Thanks for your help TheKJ
2017-9-2
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

TheKJ Posted at 2017-9-2 10:34

This has come up before and DJI seem to think there is nothing they can do. It is a shame as the technology must exist because we can all find our phones these days if they are turned on after being stolen but if the technology is not in place, then there is nothing they can do to help.

Mark G.
2017-9-2
Use props
ETA
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-2 11:11
This has come up before and DJI seem to think there is nothing they can do. It is a shame as the technology must exist because we can all find our phones these days if they are turned on after being stolen but if the technology is not in place, then there is nothing they can do to help.

I agree with you Mark.   

Thank you for your concern.

Ed
2017-9-2
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106404 ft
United States

So let me get this straight....

DJI Can tell you where you can and cannot fly based on your GPS but cannot locate your stolen drone?
2017-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is very bad to read about.
Please keep us posted!
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ETA, we are so sorry to hear that the drones were stolen, unfortunately, we are unable to track the drone with GPS or lock it from background. Once the drone was sold, it will become personal property, we respect the privacy, so this function cannot be achieved at the moment, please call the police for further assistance, you have our sincere apologize.
2017-9-3
Use props
ETA
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-3 23:11
ETA, we are so sorry to hear that the drones were stolen, unfortunately, we are unable to track the drone with GPS or lock it from background. Once the drone was sold, it will become personal property, we respect the privacy, so this function cannot be achieved at the moment, please call the police for further assistance, you have our sincere apologize.

Thank you for the reply Mindy.  I understand your position.  A police report has been filed.

Hopefully DJI will come up with service where the owner can track their property when lost or stolen.

Thanks again.
Ed
2017-9-4
Use props
ETA
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I contacted the NFZ team who i have dealt with before and they too confirmed Mindy's response.   They took my serial numbers and put them into their system.   if someone tries to unlock or send them in for service there will be a  match.   Long shot, but i am doing everything i can.

Ed
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules