Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P Pilot to be featured in Drone Magazine
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nauticalman
lvl.1

United States

Kuya Kano, a member of our Disabled Veterans' "Phantom Regiment" was captured by the militant muslim regime known as Abu Sayaff over seven years ago.  The ordeal left Kuya physically disabled, and emotionally scarred for years.  Recently, Kuya found a new life piloting his new P4P.  It brough him back into the world, the quadcopter attracted people to what was previously an anti-social individual, and with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro, Kuya is making remarkable recovery.  

Recently, a journalist for Drone magazine overheard a discussion in the forum that led him to want to know more about the relationship between flying drones and physical/mental healing of Veterans.  I am happy to announce that our friend Kuya Kano will soon be featured, telling the story how his P4P has brought him back into the world, and is inspiring him to go further, try harder, and restore the joy and happiness in his life that was previously suspended due to misfortune.  I am hoping this will bring awareness to the many Veterans in our country who suffer similar phisical and emotional damage from their services, and perhaps DJI could possibly be a strong link in that healing process for many more people to come.  to all of you who have supported our Veterans' Phantom Regiment, THANK YOU.

Drone Magazine

Drone Magazine
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that Phantom bring you so much happiness and get rid of gloominess. Hope that you would have a nice time with DJI product.
2017-9-1
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-1 19:58
Thanks so much for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that Phantom bring you so much happiness and get rid of gloominess. Hope that you would have a nice time with DJI product.

He is a good man.  He has quite a story about his capture, however since it happened in the Philippines as opposed to any of the U.S. targeted areas, his story was dismissed by the media for of all things, political reasons.  
Since we created our little "Phantom Regiment" of Veterans, we are looking to use or drones to allow other Veterans and Disabled Veterans the chance to (carefully, in beginner mode, of course) experience what it is like to fly.  Some of the older pilots from older wars say it brings back memories of how much they loved flying.  We're looking to continue to share these experiences with other local Veterans associations in the future.
Thank you for your kind words.
2017-9-1
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-1 19:58

Actually, the story doesn't end well.  
Kuya Kano was banned from the DJI Forum.  As a result, he gave up interest and gave up going to our Phantom Squadron meetings.  He didn't want to talk to the reporter after being thrown off the DJI bus, in fact he fell back into his depression and recluse.  We enjoyed seeing him recover for the brief time it lasted.  
2017-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Prayers and best wishes, to all of our veterans.

I hear through the "vine" that cannabis therapy can help alleviate all kinds of veterans depression... ;-)

PTSD is a real bummer. I can certainly relate to that depression.

RedHotPoker

2017-9-10
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

We send our best wishes and prayers...
2017-9-10
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-10 16:31
Prayers and best wishes, to all of our veterans.

I hear through the "vine" that cannabis therapy can help alleviate all kinds of veterans depression... ;-)

Why don't they just say MARIJUANA anymore?    No, drugs and getting stoned is not a solution, in fact long term effects of marijuana creates depression, memory loss and a bunch of other effects that potheads don't want to admit to.  
We fought through a lot of wars, why... just so people can get stoned?  Don't get me started.
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nauticalman Posted at 2017-9-11 03:57
Why don't they just say MARIJUANA anymore?    No, drugs and getting stoned is not a solution, in fact long term effects of marijuana creates depression, memory loss and a bunch of other effects that potheads don't want to admit to.  
We fought through a lot of wars, why... just so people can get stoned?  Don't get me started.

Sorry, but you're barking up the wrong bush. Tell that  to the thousands of medical cannabis users, who find this particular medication helpful.

All that rhetoric, is just BS, from years gone by. Studies and testing now prove otherwise...

But you have your own opinion, and that's good that we have the freedom to voice such thoughts, but they are prehistoric, in the light of what we have learned and teach today...

If you wish to discuss this thought further, we can do it in PM fashion, off of the public forum.

May the Gods bless and be kind with you.  Glad you are whole and mentally capable to have an opinion.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-11
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.1

United States

Yes, facts are no longer welcome in "modern society".  I'm well aware of that.  No, I've already lost one friend on this forum for going "off topic".  I have no wish to become the next.  This post isn't about marijuana.  
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nauticalman Posted at 2017-9-11 08:52
Yes, facts are no longer welcome in "modern society".  I'm well aware of that.  No, I've already lost one friend on this forum for going "off topic".  I have no wish to become the next.  This post isn't about marijuana.

PM me and we can chat at length.  Nothing is off topic there. Hahahaha

I am only stating the honest truth as I know it. Been around the subject for 50 years, and still able to function.
Enjoy the day, have a beer, a few cigarettes and some tasty fast food. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-9-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nauticalman Posted at 2017-9-11 08:52

Many get banned from time to time for short periods of time, for saying the wrong thing in a fashion that doesn't suit the rules of the forum, but most are always welcome back, I don't think it's ever personal and I'm sure your friend if he can be convinced to come back he is more than welcome. Maybe you can talk to him, if not I wish him well good health and some happiness.
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-11 09:10
Many get banned from time to time for short periods of time, for saying the wrong thing in a fashion that doesn't suit the rules of the forum, but most are always welcome back, I don't think it's ever personal and I'm sure your friend if he can be convinced to come back he is more than welcome. Maybe you can talk to him, if not I wish him well good health and some happiness.

+1^ agree with everything that you stated.

I also wish him the very best, in the future.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-11
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Excellent news about the interview. If only he could be persuaded to come back to droning and if not this forum then another. A good and brave soul such as he deserves so much more than the cards he has been dealt. He could be such a great influence in bringing the benefits of this craft to not just disabled veterans but disabled people everywhere.  Please let him know how many folk here are behind him and want him to return to droning.
2017-9-11
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.1

United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-9-11 10:39
Excellent news about the interview. If only he could be persuaded to come back to droning and if not this forum then another. A good and brave soul such as he deserves so much more than the cards he has been dealt. He could be such a great influence in bringing the benefits of this craft to not just disabled veterans but disabled people everywhere.  Please let him know how many folk here are behind him and want him to return to droning.

Thank you for saying that.  It is unfortunate that they drove him away.  He was finally starting to show progress in his recovery from the trauma he endured.  POW captives have a difficult psychological recovery that takes every day effort.  A simple banishment may seem trivial to us, but to their recovery can send them back into remembering their torture and apprehension.  
We will never give up on Kuya.  He is a hero to us and has a great story to tell.  I don't think Hollywood could ever capture what a life he has lived.
Thanks again, everyone.  I'll send him your love.
2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Nauticalman Posted at 2017-9-11 03:57

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    
2017-9-11
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.1

United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-11 18:01
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quack quack
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced