DJI Warranty / Support Issue
2189 5 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans85e90585
New
Flight distance : 51752 ft
United States

Has anyone else run into DJI support issues recently.  I bought an Inspire 2 directly from DJI less than a month ago and had flown it for less than 2 hours when it started to send compass errors.  I was able to successfully land the drone.  After contacting DJI support,  they had me open a case and return it.  Three days after it arrived at DJI,  I received an invoice for >800.00 for repair fees.  I contacted support today and they could not explain why the repair was considered billable and they have requested a review.  Obviously I am tab bit frustrated due to the fact that I don't have a working drone,  the cost that I am being asked to pay to have a brand new drone repair, and by the waste of my time having to escalate this issue.  This being my first time dealing with DJI support,  wondering if this is what I should expect?
2017-9-1
Use props
userd60e398a6c
New
Flight distance : 1496 ft
United States

Yes, i bought a new inspire 1 pro black from B & H this week had issues out of box. I did the chat to no avail and then called in support, i was told it was a q.v. issue and to send it back to where i bought it. This frustrated me to no end because I paid extra for overnight shipping and the guy I talked to seemed to want to get off the phone. I then called B and H to send it back and they forwarded me to their support company and the tech Saul took the time and we fixed the issue and i didnt have to ship it back and then wait on a new one to come in. He also helped me diagnose the issue with my Phantom with a bad USB port and shipped me one out. DJI wanted me to ship the controller to them to diagnose the problem. Their product support team is not very good never have they been able to help me. I will now call Saul.
2017-9-1
Use props
userd60e398a6c
New
Flight distance : 1496 ft
United States

*qc (quality control) issue.
2017-9-1
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

It is rather a known fact that DJI support is below par. If you are paying the same money for your drone, you should buy from local retailers. They will have far better support. In fact the retailer where I live will set up and check the drone before handing the keys to me. It definitely saves you problems you are experiencing now.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to read on this, could you please provide me with  your case number so I can check what happened? Will do my best to get it sorted out shortly.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

userd60e398a6c Posted at 2017-9-1 11:34
Yes, i bought a new inspire 1 pro black from B & H this week had issues out of box. I did the chat to no avail and then called in support, i was told it was a q.v. issue and to send it back to where i bought it. This frustrated me to no end because I paid extra for overnight shipping and the guy I talked to seemed to want to get off the phone. I then called B and H to send it back and they forwarded me to their support company and the tech Saul took the time and we fixed the issue and i didnt have to ship it back and then wait on a new one to come in. He also helped me diagnose the issue with my Phantom with a bad USB port and shipped me one out. DJI wanted me to ship the controller to them to diagnose the problem. Their product support team is not very good never have they been able to help me. I will now call Saul.

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. We're constantly working to improve both products and service to make all your experience with us better. Thanks again for sharing your story with us,  we listen to all the feedback and learn from them. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we're very glad to help.
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules