Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI - pls confirm a couple things re: Platinum
1145 13 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Could someone from DJI confirm a few things about the MP Platinum, which are probably of interest to at least some others on the forum:

1/ is there any way to get on a waiting list to purchase the Platinum?  The original MP roll out took many months to catch up on orders and some no doubt want to ensure they're able to get theirs ASAP. Failing that, is there a date set for the "Buy Now" button to be activated on the site?

2/ the big news was the props and battery life improvements, but are there any other changes/enhancements that weren't considered headline features? The forums have been full of requests for changes such as a selectable ATTI mode, repositioning the Micro SD slot, integrating the gimbal lock with the gimbal cover...  Have any of these, or others, been included in the new machine?

Thanks for any confirmation!
2017-9-1
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

from what I've seen and read, the only difference is the body color, new blades and a new ESC.  Battery life was not improved, flight time improved due to the new speed controls and props
2017-9-1
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I think the mavic pro Platinum will ship a lot faster they have the molds for the body everything for production is pretty much the same minus the color and the propellers and new ESC. I'm sure almost close to a year now all their suppliers are in check
2017-9-1
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Do you guys remember when the Phantom 4 Pro came out you were able to get it two weeks later and orders were pretty fast I think that is because they're already had most of the components the shell was just about the same as the p4 etc
2017-9-1
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the changes are as follows:

new color (silver, likely wear off unevenly given how drones are flown and used)

new ESC (likely contributing to less noise mostly)

new prop design (interchangeable with current mavic pro, likely the key to improve battery life on both drones)

it is litterally just a mavic pro in a differant dress..  everything else is the same no reason to buy into it if you already have mavic pro, just get new props when they come availble..
2017-9-1
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

STRIDE8 Posted at 2017-9-1 12:35
from what I've seen and read, the only difference is the body color, new blades and a new ESC.  Battery life was not improved, flight time improved due to the new speed copntrols and props

I've read the launch materials as well. Am just wondering if there are any changes that would fall within the "tweak" rather than "great new feature" category. It's not unheard of, when products are iterated, that the marketing concentrates on whatever will trigger new sales, despite other, minor enhancements being made.
2017-9-1
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-1 13:03
I think the mavic pro Platinum will ship a lot faster they have the molds for the body everything for production is pretty much the same minus the color and the propellers and new ESC. I'm sure almost close to a year now all their suppliers are in check

Let's hope so!
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

1) We are still working on dates. I'll do my best to alert the forum when I know when more will be able to be purchased.

2) Right now, no other significant changes than what has been advertised.
2017-9-1
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-9-1 13:49
1) We are still working on dates. I'll do my best to alert the forum when I know when more will be able to be purchased.

'...significant changes..' is subjective

What about news from other DJI sources that claim 'Different hardware in the camera to allow usable 1080 60'? I'm sure there are a good few customers that would consider that significant if it is true.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

calmari Posted at 2017-9-1 15:12
'...significant changes..' is subjective

What about news from other DJI sources that claim 'Different hardware in the camera to allow usable 1080 60'? I'm sure there are a good few customers that would consider that significant if it is true.

For now we can take other DJI employees' words as accurate. I personally will ask for myself just to double check.
2017-9-1
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-9-1 13:49

Thanks, DJI Joe. Greatly appreciated.
2017-9-2
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-9-1 15:40
For now we can take other DJI employees' words as accurate. I personally will ask for myself just to double check.

Thank you.
2017-9-2
Use props
MavicAlpha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243770 ft
Malaysia

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=110991&pid=938436&fromuid=785696

The Mavic Pro Platinum should be availabe mid - late September for order.  The batteries are the same and interchangeable with the MP.  You may use the MPP props on the MP.  As far as differences, the props, the escs, the hardware for the camera allowing usable 1080P 60FP and of cource the color.  I hope this clears up the questions for everyone that doesn't read the thread. -- from DJI Super Moderator Tahoe Ed

DJI Joe please check on this
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

MavicAlpha Posted at 2017-9-2 16:21
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=110991&pid=938436&fromuid=785696

The Mavic Pro Platinum should be availabe mid - late September for order.  The batteries are the same and interchangeable with the MP.  You may use the MPP props on the MP.  As far as differences, the props, the escs, the hardware for the camera allowing usable 1080P 60FP and of cource the color.  I hope this clears up the questions for everyone that doesn't read the thread. -- from DJI Super Moderator Tahoe Ed

The engineers that I have spoken to were unable to confirm this.
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules