Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation hell ?
123Next >
6223 103 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SG70
lvl.1
France

Hello

I have just received a Mavic I bought but I am unable to activate it.
I have watched the tutorial video, the Mavic is set to RC mode, the RC connects fine and it is in ATTI MODE, the GO4 app has internet access (since I can login to it and update the no fly zone which requires an internet download...) and when I plug in the phone (HUWAEI P7 running android 4.4.2) it detecs the mavic and then prompts me for an activation.
I go through all the steps of the activation "ritual" choosing a simple name like "mavic" (no capitals no speacial characters) and when I click "activate" it tells me to "check my internet connection".But my internet connection (via WiFi) is fine !
No matter how many times I have tried it always fails on this step.
I have tried with a galaxy tab 8 as well and I also tried with the Wifi turned off connected to the internet via G4 same problem... this is driving me nuts... I bought the mavic during a trip in the US and am living in France and have now had it out of the box for a week and run through a full charge of the RC batery just trying to get this bloody activation done and still nothing !

I havealso tried to see if upgrding the firware with DJI assistant 2 helped so I downloaded, installed and ran assitant 2 app as administrator (on WIN 10), connected the mavic pro, turned it on, it was recognized imediatelt (finaly somthing that works as advertised... sigh...), clicked on the Mavic Pro tile, saw that "firmware update" was proposing an update to V01.03.1000 so I did that (also successfully I might add) so my drone is now up to date.
But when I tried to see if it solved the activation no go, again I turned on RC, pluged in the phone, launched the go 4app, it gives me an "RC connected" status so all is good since go 4 app detected the RC connection, then turned on the drone and again got an activation prompt on the phone which still failed miserably with "check your internet connection".... sigh....

2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Could you please reinstall the APP, then try to activate it again? Please keep us updated.
2017-9-1
Use props
Vokey
lvl.1
Canada

I too had alot of issue gettig mine working.. I am still not able to get the assistant to work but luckly I have been able to get in some flying time.. Good Luck
2017-9-1
Use props
Vokey
lvl.1
Canada

I too had alot of issue gettig mine working.. I am still not able to get the assistant to work but luckly I have been able to get in some flying time.. Good Luck
2017-9-1
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-1 19:54
Could you please reinstall the APP, then try to activate it again? Please keep us updated.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the GO 4 app (note that my phone is set so that large apps can only be installed if connected to the Wifi... and it worked fine) launched the app, had to agree to the terms of service and login, which worked (so again internet IS connected) but when I went through the usual steps again got a "check your internet connection" when I pressed activate...

The hilarious thing (in a ironic but not so funny way) is that when I got feed up and turned off the mavic the go 4 app prompted me to update the no fly zones... which I did, which means it downloaded yet more data via the internet Wifi.... !

Just to be safe tried to activate again after having updated the no fly zone and still "check your internet connection" error...
2017-9-1
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried updating your controller via the DJI Asssistant app, just plug it into the usb and turn it on, it's the same process as the AC
2017-9-1
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

lannes Posted at 2017-9-1 23:55
Have you tried updating your controller via the DJI Asssistant app, just plug it into the usb and turn it on, it's the same process as the AC

Well tried that... and the update got stuck at 72%.... stayed stuck more than 1 hour so I gave up on it and now when I try to activate it I get an error when I try to set PAL instead of NTSC... sigh...

At this point I'm considering simply sending this obvious lemon piece of crap back to DJI for a full refund and I will never buy from DJI again, I astonished by the bumber of bugs you can gt on a 1000 euro + device.
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

lannes Posted at 2017-9-1 23:55

managed to get the RC to upgrade (full 100%) after numerous tries, so I can now go through the activation procedure again with no errors until I press the "activate" button which then gives me the dreaded "check your internet connection" error again.... sigh...
2017-9-2
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-2 01:14
managed to get the RC to upgrade (full 100%) after numerous tries, so I can now go through the activation procedure again with no errors until I press the "activate" button which then gives me the dreaded "check your internet connection" error again.... sigh...

Would you mind posting a screenshot of this situation on your phone in this thread?
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-2 01:01
Well tried that... and the update got stuck at 72%.... stayed stuck more than 1 hour so I gave up on it and now when I try to activate it I get an error when I try to set PAL instead of NTSC... sigh...

At this point I'm considering simply sending this obvious lemon piece of crap back to DJI for a full refund and I will never buy from DJI again, I astonished by the bumber of bugs you can gt on a 1000 euro + device.

Could you please provide me with your DJI account email and the SN of the drone? I'll check it for you. Besides, where did you purchase this drone, DJI Online Store?
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-2 02:38
Could you please provide me with your DJI account email and the SN of the drone? I'll check it for you. Besides, where did you purchase this drone, DJI Online Store?

Hi,

DJI account email is : s.gostoli@orange.fr
Mavic SN is : 08QUE5X001010H

It was purchased by my sister as a gift for me (some gift....) while she was on a business trip in the US via the DJI online store on 2017-08-07, order number was 0017920842038.

I appreciate any help you can give me on this, the hardware on this machine seem's exceptional so the software issues is maddening as hell...
2017-9-2
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

hey sg , sorry for your trouble. just wondering if you said you had software 1.03.1 originally . that is pretty old software you may have to update 5 times to move from 1 to the next 1 . meaning , i dont think if you have software # 1 you can just jump to #5 and be good togo . you need to update 2,3,4 . i think you will only be able to get these version links from support. Also did you try hitting ignore on the no fly update? i was having issues with that too. i update software the fly zone issues updating . so i closed app , re opened , it said software was good then ask me about no fly , i hit ignore and was fine after that. hope some of this may help. good luck!
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-2 01:43
Would you mind posting a screenshot of this situation on your phone in this thread?

Here is the error I get every time
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-2 04:19
Here is the error I get every time [view_image]

crap.. can't seem to figure out how to upload the image...
2017-09-02_134729-30P100.png
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

I've uploaded a youTube vid of the process, the phone is connected via the central USB plug in this one but connecting it via side micro USB yields the same unfortunate result
2017-9-2
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

switch off your Wi-Fi on you phone and try to activate by using your cell-coverage (GPRS/3G/4G)... some people complained about their Wi-Fi connection when Mavic was switch on...
2017-9-2
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Switch wifi off. If not can u borrow a friends phome to activate on the 3g / 4g network? Mavix wreaks havoc on my wifi so ya never know
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-2 05:05
Switch wifi off. If not can u borrow a friends phome to activate on the 3g / 4g network? Mavix wreaks havoc on my wifi so ya never know

I tried 3 days ago in the middle of Strasbourg (where the 4G coverage is excellent unlike where I live) with the wifi off and got the same results, also tried with a friends phone (a Samsung something) both via wifi and via G4 with wifi off on that day and got the same result
2017-9-2
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried the start up process without the RC, to  fly the mavic with the phone
Remember to switch the Mavic to wifi (switch on the AC) and connect the phone via wi-fi to the Mavic, it will ask for activation, then you will switch back and forth to your home wi-fi to activate

or

In the process with the RC, when it comes up with the internet message have to tried turning your wireless connection on and off  to reset the connection

or

Try  the process with the RC, but launch the app last, that is turn on the AC. then the RC, let them pair before firing up the app.

or

Restart the phone, you should be on app version 4.1.5 for android, uninstall and re-install the DJI Go4 app
2017-9-2
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-2 04:39
I've uploaded a youTube vid of the process, the phone is connected via the central USB plug in this one but connecting it via side micro USB yields the same unfortunate result
youTube Vid of MAVIC ACTIVATION HELL

I could be wrong, but I think your mistake is right at the beginning when you choose MTP for the USB connection.
Instead tap "Charge only" and see whether this works.
Also, how do you connect your phone to the RC?
2017-9-2
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-2 07:39
I could be wrong, but I think your mistake is right at the beginning when you choose MTP for the USB connection.

The sequence I use is ( do not plug in the USB cable to the controller ) Start RC, Start MP, get connection then plug in USB cable to USB port (Bottom Port) to your device, depending on the default setting of your device the app may start automatically or you might have to start it manually. I never use the micro USB on the side of the controller for anything but charging.
2017-9-2
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

DJI simply forgot to start the activation-server after their last update
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-2 07:39

With the "charge only" option the app never see the RC or the mavic.... I've tried all the options and only the first two seem to work and every time I get this "check your internet connection" message....

In the video the RC is connected via the central USB plug (the one under the RC in the center) but i have also tried to do it with the special small cable to use the side micro USB on the RC, same result...

What is this activation crap for anyways ?
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

Installed a network sniffer application on my phone to see if the go 4 app was communicating with the internet... IT IS ! I really think this is a server response issue not a internet connectivity one.
2017-9-2
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-2 07:54
With the "charge only" option the app never see the RC or the mavic.... I've tried all the options and only the first two seem to work and every time I get this "check your internet connection" message....

In the video the RC is connected via the central USB plug (the one under the RC in the center) but i have also tried to do it with the special small cable to use the side micro USB on the RC, same result...

What a disappointment, I would never have used MTP because you are not transferring any media using a specific protocol.
So it's back to square one...
I think that DJI wants to activate your account for the Mavic you are using. Your account and your Mavic, and whatever you do with your drone would therefore be linked to you.

The user "lannes" in this thread suggested some useful things to do, did you try that?
Also make sure you're relaxing the rules on your firewall for the activation.
Are you using anti-virus software on your phone?
Something seems to be blocking data between your phone and the Internet.
We have to work by elimination?
Have you already tried different USB cables?
2017-9-2
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-2 07:50
The sequence I use is ( do not plug in the USB cable to the controller ) Start RC, Start MP, get connection then plug in USB cable to USB port (Bottom Port) to your device, depending on the default setting of your device the app may start automatically or you might have to start it manually. I never use the micro USB on the side of the controller for anything but charging.

Well, I can use any sequence I like, it always works.
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8, which seems to be specially made for the DJI GO 4 app...
2017-9-2
Use props
djiuser_2CGtK3y
lvl.1

United States

SG70   mine does the same thing,tried everything. I'm not going to send mine back ,I will destroy it first, on video.
2017-9-2
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-2 08:41
Installed a network sniffer application on my phone to see if the go 4 app was communicating with the internet... IT IS ! I really think this is a server response issue not a internet connectivity one.

DJI GO 4 might be communicating with the Internet, but maybe some data packets are lost making the DJI activation server think that there is no Internet connection.
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

djiuser_2CGtK3y Posted at 2017-9-2 09:25
SG70   mine does the same thing,tried everything. I'm not going to send mine back ,I will destroy it first, on video.

I can appreciate the frustration factor.... I've though of bashing mine quite a few times... I feel like I've bought he most expensive paperweight ever...
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-2 08:51
What a disappointment, I would never have used MTP because you are not transferring any media using a specific protocol.
So it's back to square one...
I think that DJI wants to activate your account for the Mavic you are using. Your account and your Mavic, and whatever you do with your drone would therefore be linked to you.

Yes I've tried most of the suggestions (I had tried a few before TBH but try and try again....) and I do appreciate the time people are taking, I just hope I end up with a solution.. and I did try another cable
Hopefully DJI has a solution...
2017-9-2
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-2 09:39
Yes I've tried most of the suggestions (I had tried a few before TBH but try and try again....) and I do appreciate the time people are taking, I just hope I end up with a solution.. and I did try another cable

In the video clip you posted, at one point you signed out and then you signed in again.
Do this one more time, but instead of going straight to activation, exit the DJI GO 4 app and in the recent apps, probably the left button at the bottom of your phone, remove DJI GO 4 from the list.
Turn off the RC and also the Mavic.

Now turn on the RC, launch the DJI GO 4 app and turn on the Mavic.
Once the connection between RC, Mavic and DJI GO 4 is stable, try to activate your account again.

EDIT: I am not convinced that you should use MTP for your USB connection, but see how it works for you.
2017-9-2
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-2 10:21
In the video clip you posted, at one point you signed out and then you signed in again.
Do this one more time, but instead of going straight to activation, exit the DJI GO 4 app and in the recent apps, probably the left button at the bottom of your phone, remove DJI GO 4 from the list.
Turn off the RC and also the Mavic.

tried (was complicated LOL) allas no go... still the same "check your internet connection"
2017-9-2
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-2 10:53
tried (was complicated LOL) allas no go... still the same "check your internet connection"

That is weird, very weird.

Try one more thing: Delete the DJI GO 4 app currently on your phone and then download it again, but this time using the QR code from DJI's website:
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

You know what comes next...
2017-9-2
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Maybe try to put mavic in wifi mode(on side of mavic open little door) then connect to wifi and try again from phone?
2017-9-2
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Also i seen where people had connection issues  so try to shut phome off connect remote and mavic meaning turn then on....now connect your phone that is turned off to cable....now boot phone up try activation process again....try that and try the wifi mode i talked about in post above
2017-9-2
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

1) The activation is failing with android,  with it being an internet connection issue,  have you borrowed someone's IOS device and try it.

This will at least rule out the Huawei P7 / Galaxy Tab hardware type as being the issue.

2) Have you tried a different wireless internet location, to rule out your home internet and firewall etc.

3) We assume the OP can fly the AC via the RC, at least start the motors, lets rule out the RC to AC connection.

4) Are you also using the latest version of DJI Go4, on the app store there is 2 versions, pre and post the P4, the post P4 is the right one.
Now the post p4 version is only compatible with 4.4 upwards ? is this the issue I am not sure
What version of android is the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&hl=en

5) Then it's a DJI Go4 app problem, have you tried Litichi, I don't think this requires activation.
Your AC already appears to be tied to your DJI account because you upgrade the firmware, evidenced by the avatar on your forum profile.

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... re.visionplus&hl=en

6) So if we eliminate the hardware, wireless network and app, it must be a server issue.

On other threads there have been discussions that activation after a firmware upgrade has caused problems, with this there has been no solution without the assistance of DJI.

2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

SG70 Posted at 2017-9-2 09:39

Thanks for the info, I've forwarded this to our engineers, we'll keep you updated.
2017-9-4
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

lannes Posted at 2017-9-2 13:42
1) The activation is failing with android,  with it being an internet connection issue,  have you borrowed someone's IOS device and try it.

This will at least rule out the Huawei P7 / Galaxy Tab hardware type as being the issue.

1) I managed to try on a IOS this morning with a totally different network same error....
2) Yes I've tried numerous different network s and I've also tried via G4 (not wifi) same error....
3) Actually I can't fly with just the RC.... the RC connects to the mavic as far as I can see but I have never been able to start the motors (I have the props off just in case...)
4) I have tried both the post P4 and the prior to P4 one, I also tried to uninstall and reinstall using the QR code from the DJI webpage, I even got so angry at one point I did a factory reset ont he phone  and only installed the GO 4 app and nothing else, alas  same error....
5) Thing is the avatar is a phantom I have a mavc (not sure this is relevant) I havn't tried litchi, I'll give t a try today (this is very time consuming...)
6) That's what I think, I installed a packet sniffer on the phone at one point, turning it on right before pressing activate and off after the error and the sniffer clearly shows the GO 4 app communicating with the server, unfortunately i do not have the necessary understanding to make head or tails of what the exchange was about...

The other thing is I've been trying  so long I'm past the 14 days return policy period for a full refund, I feel like I have been duped by DJI, I paid more than 1000 $ for a lemon...
2017-9-4
Use props
SG70
lvl.1
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-4 03:09
Thanks for the info, I've forwarded this to our engineers, we'll keep you updated.

I also logged in an incident on the DJI support, I have yet to receive an answer....
2017-9-4
Use props
djiuser_ItXo9KD
lvl.1
France

I can't believe it @SG70...

I am in France too, bought the Mavic Pro on Friday and got THE EXACT SAME DAMN PROBLEM YOU HAVE.

It's monday. Several people from the technical support... forums... videos... the problem persists....
2017-9-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules