Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Upgrade. via Ipad/iphone or DJI Assistant ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FredAstra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Like a many others I am having troubles with my P4 after the new firmware upgrade.  I've been trawling the net trying to find a fix and/or an explanation of the issues.  it seems that some people are suffering the same or similar problems and some people are not experiencing any issues at all ? ? ?   There seems to be some rather vague advice thats suggests upgrading by DJI assistant may be better than upgading via the DJI GO 4 App ?.  Does anyone know what if any differences there are between a DJI GO upgrade or DJI assistant upgrade ?

It would be nice to hear your individual experiences.

It would be very nice to hear from DJI or others as to what, if any differences there are using these two alternate upgrade methods ? and which is the preffered method ?

Thanks for any info!
2017-9-1
Use props
fans5c80eb9a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1334682 ft
  • >>>
United States

All I know is my unit I useless after the upgrade. I had a paid shoot yesterday that I lost money on because of these problems....shame on this company
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The two methods are complementary, please make sure the firmware update is successful.
2017-9-1
Use props
mikedaniels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48986 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-1 18:16
The two methods are complementary, please make sure the firmware update is successful.

Did the craft upgrade. Red lights on, yellow blinking , camera stabilizer steadi green. Text file says abort because the latest upgrade software is the same or older. Not true. How do I get out of this mess?
2017-9-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mikedaniels Posted at 2017-9-1 18:50
Did the craft upgrade. Red lights on, yellow blinking , camera stabilizer steadi green. Text file says abort because the latest upgrade software is the same or older. Not true. How do I get out of this mess?

As you describe it, all sounds fairly normal.

What do you see looking at 'About' at the bottom of the 'General Settings' menu, if you connect all and power up (with a good internet wifi connection to display device) ?

Edit:- You may need to relink the RC to the aircraft (1 minute job).
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mikedaniels Posted at 2017-9-1 18:50

Agree with Aardvark. Please check the current firmware version and link RC as the below video:
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules