Is Nougat still a no go?
2016 14 2017-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Been out of the game for a couple of months,was wondering if the problems with Android Nougat have been fixed in the interim or should I stay on 6.0?
2017-9-1
Use props
Press Button
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909 ft
Germany

Don't know what you're talking about. Running Android 7 Nougat on a Galaxy S8+ with no problems so far.
2017-9-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Nougat works fine for me on Nexus 5X.  As does 8.0 Oreo.
2017-9-1
Use props
Pekik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995397 ft
Indonesia

Do not upgrade to Nougat if you use galaxy tab S2.. mine have to shutdown and restart due usb not connect ....
2017-9-7
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Where did you read about problems with Nougat?
I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S8 (running on Nougat with salt and pepper from Samsung) without any issues.
2017-9-7
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... they have probably read it on this forum...

If you have no problems, then you are one of the few lucky ones...
2017-9-7
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Problems with Nougat were all over this site a few months ago. Perhaps updates have addressed them.

I do have an tab s2, but having to restart the tab with cable connected is the same on 6.0
2017-9-7
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Problem seems more like with Samsung than Nougat.  Samsung utterly murder the android OS and kernel so the end product is far from native android.
2017-9-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

can confirm on my end that using the galaxy S8 is suicide with dji go 4...   i literally could not wait for my pay check and snagged an iPad mini 2..    i tired using moto G 2nd gen and that was ok but my battery in that only lasts 30 minutes with the app so i can't honestly say much.  iOS is vastly superior eco system to use for dji go 4.. using my iPad mini 2 i also noticed my controller battery life increased alot too and my iPad mini 2 battery life is unchanged.. i guess maybe the controller isnt force feeding the iPad as much power as it was my S8..or maybe something else going on
2017-9-7
Use props
Pieren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1265938 ft
France

I aslo noticed lot of issues with Nougat on a Huawei P9 lite, most of them were "Aircraft disconnect" with however a working connection ...

I did a rollback to Android 6.0 and now all is ok.

I think its depends of the cell you're using ...
2017-9-8
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

gnirtS Posted at 2017-9-7 19:08
Problem seems more like with Samsung than Nougat.  Samsung utterly murder the android OS and kernel so the end product is far from native android.

Then how do you explain that my Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android Nougat) is working perfectly well with DJI GO 4?
I have never had any problems using this combination and can definitely recommend using the S8 on the Mavic's RC.
2017-9-8
Use props
RobWest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589633 ft
United Kingdom

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-8 02:15
Then how do you explain that my Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android Nougat) is working perfectly well with DJI GO 4?
I have never had any problems using this combination and can definitely recommend using the S8 on the Mavic's RC.

I think the problem is you only get people on forums that have problems. You don't often get threads saying 'I have a Galaxy S8 and it's working just fine' because, well, who would do that? I've had a Galaxy S7 running Nougat and have literally never had a problem, so I've never had to post.
2017-9-8
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

RobWest Posted at 2017-9-8 02:41
I think the problem is you only get people on forums that have problems. You don't often get threads saying 'I have a Galaxy S8 and it's working just fine' because, well, who would do that? I've had a Galaxy S7 running Nougat and have literally never had a problem, so I've never had to post.

Some time ago there was a thread on this forum asking users what their experience is when using the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ with DJI GO 4, and there were quite a few positive replies.
I think that the people who actually have problems with DJI GO 4 on their mobile devices, could possibly have installed one or more apps that are in conflict with DJI GO 4 or worse: Their devices are rooted or jailbroken.
2017-9-8
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Nougat has been working very fine the latest months (with one day as a strange exception) on my Google Pixel.
Currently on 8.0 Oreo, but haven't flown with that yet...
2017-9-8
Use props
Vanderlei
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52251 ft
Brazil

Please, I'm with problems in my A9 (Samsung) with Androi 7.0... Every time show me Arcraft Discconected.. Please someone help me...
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules