957 13 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yoan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93806 ft
France

Hi Mavic community,

I am not an extensive usert of my Mavic but after few monthes of use, here are some ideas of software improvements that would be welcomed in future updates to this great drone. Please, feel free to complete it. As I am not a software expert, I don't know if these modifications apply to the Mavic firmware, or DJI Go, or both, so everything is mixed up.

Here is my whish list for future updates:
- Introduce an "Indoor mode" in which the GNSS input is not taken into account into the navigating system (just vision and inertial sensors). I think it would look like a controlled ATTI mode, but I am not sure.
- Introduce the possibility to shoot a panorama automatically. Not necessarily the stitching but at least an automatic sequence that shots pictures in all directions to cover the hemisphere under the drone (and eventually +30° above it). This function would allow to choose a fixed exposure as well as a fixed white balance.
- Introduce the possibility to save/load settings in DJI Go. At each firmware updates (or sometimes randomly), some settings revert to default values and it's really anoying to check them one by one before each flight.
- The landing protection seems to be the cause of some crashes into water. Is there a way to improve it ? Such as asking a double confirmation before landing ?
- It would be nice to have other ratio for pictures such as 3:2 which is a good compromise between 16:9 and 4:3.
- The quality of JPEG picture looks sometimes really poor compared to RAW. Of course, one cannot expected to have the same quality between both, but I think that sometimes JPEG is over compressed. It would be nice to apply less compression by default.
- Having a subtitle file with videos is really nice, but I think it can be improved. First, I think it's not necessary to have a refresh rate of the data at each frame (few Hz may be sufficient) and second, why not producing a file that would be directly usable in a software like Dashware containing more telemtry information ? This would offer better possibilities rather that just text.

That's all that I have in mind for now.

Yoan

P.S: please, excuse my English, it's not my native language.

2017-9-2
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

I like the landing confirmation idea.
2017-9-2
Use props
fyl88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398274 ft
Malaysia

Auto shoot panoramas up to 360 degrees would be awesome !
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the feedback. For "indoor mode", as you can see the drone can not use GPS indoor, the drone will be restricted when the downward vision system is active or negative, that means you can still control the drone in a certain limit. So please be more clear for your idea if possible.
And for the settings in DJI GO 4, MC settings will store on the drone, so the relaunch of the app or change to another mobile will not restore the settings into default, firmware upgrading might change. This is just a kindly remind.
I'll also transfer your post to our engineers, will keep enabling more functions on Mavic Pro if possible.
2017-9-2
Use props
Yoan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93806 ft
France

Hello DJI Thor,

thank you for your response.
Regarding a possible indoor mode, here is my idea. As a GNSS engineer, I know that the availability and the accuracy of a position from a GNSS receiver is affected when it is indoor (more or less, depending if it is light indoor or deep indoor environment). Then, I assume that when flying the Mavic indoor (or in any difficult environment with masking), the navigation system of the Mavic may sometimes get a GNSS position, sometimes not. And then the Mavic would probably switch between ATTI mode and P-mode in an unpredictable way. This can be difficult to manage for the pilot. Not taking into account the GNSS position, even if available, would probably make the Mavic drift more, but its flight may be more predictable which is important when flying indoor or in a canyon, for example. As I don't know exactly how the Mavic works, maybe what I am trying to describe is simply the ATTI mode, but I am not sure.

Regarding Mavic settings, I experienced at least twice a change in the configuration without any firmware update. The last I remember with a change in the picture configuration, it changed from RAW+JPEG to JPEG only (I did nothing special, just change the battery between two flights). If all the settings are stored in the Mavic memory, then it would be interesting to download them to the smartphone. It would then allow to restore them all at once, and more interesting, allow users to share there best settings with the community.

Thank you again for taking my ideas into considerations.

Yoan
2017-9-3
Use props
danybd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234715 ft
Germany

I would like to have the option to switch ATTI Mode manually. I think a good solution could be to provide the option under C1 / C2
2017-9-3
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

2 things I miss in DJI GO 4 app - screen recording and horizon line (when gimbal is tilted it will be Very nice to have horizon visible especially in flyovers - now I always keep higher than needed altitude)
In drone, I miss reliable Autofocus
2017-9-3
Use props
Vannibombonato
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325778 ft
Italy

- it would be cool to be able to store (and rename) some iso/ shutter presets for manual mode that you could recall from main screen (I.e. a button that "expands" when pressed).
- also, switching manual/auto I believe should be a single button on the main interface.
2017-9-3
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

"- Introduce the possibility to save/load settings in DJI Go. At each firmware updates (or sometimes randomly), some settings revert to default values and it's really anoying to check them one by one before each flight."

I'll second that, I would like the option to save and upload settings as a file or preset to and from DJI Go app.
2017-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good suggestions!
2017-9-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I "wish" dji would stop pushing updates...
2017-9-3
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2017-9-3 11:59
2 things I miss in DJI GO 4 app - screen recording and horizon line (when gimbal is tilted it will be Very nice to have horizon visible especially in flyovers - now I always keep higher than needed altitude)
In drone, I miss reliable Autofocus

"In drone, I miss reliable Autofocus"

Same here, Always forgetting to tap focus when flying.
2017-9-3
Use props
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

- Panorama and 360 photo mode  (why not in Mavic, and yes in Spark?)

-FOLLOW ME + ACTIVE TRACK (both at same time) mode. Follow me working with gps, and active track... in this way, very difficult to fail.

2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yoan Posted at 2017-9-3 08:58
Hello DJI Thor,

thank you for your response.

Thanks for your consideration of getting more function to the drone. I think it would be a good idea to share the good camera settings, you are a man with good thinking and inspiration. I hope we can release more functions in the future.
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules