Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Need help from a DJI representative
781 11 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
el pelo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

Hello I need some help from someone at DJI. About 2 weeks ago my Mavic started having compass issues. I contacted tech support and they recommended I do a firmware refresh, then a restore all settings via the DJI assistant. After that I did and IMU calibration and compass calibration.

Every time I fly my aircraft goes into ATTI mode and I get a GPS error. DJI suggested I send it in for repair.

This is where I am confused. I get a repair invoice yesterday stating the gimbal arm needs to be replaced and I should use my DJI care refresh. There was never anything wrong with my gimbal and that's not even why I sent it in. There is no mention of the compass.

I don't feel I should have to pay and use my DJI care as I didn't crash or damage the aircraft. I'm so confused.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you tell us your case number? I'd like to check the current status.
2017-9-2
Use props
el pelo
lvl.4
United States

CAS-892267-Y1H0Y8
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the feedback, I had informed the appropriate department to take care of your case soon, hope we can get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-2
Use props
el pelo
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-2 19:08
Thanks for the feedback, I had informed the appropriate department to take care of your case soon, hope we can get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks for everyone's help. The story continues...

Apparently when the DJI service center received my Mavic the gimbal arm was broken. I find that hard to believe since the gimbal clamp and protector were both on the Mavic and it was sent double boxed in the original DJI packaging.

I still don't  feel like I need to use my DJI refresh. I simply sent it in for warranty because the compass was defective and this is out of my control.  My flight records would show it has never been crashed.

Customer Service has been slow to respond but so far I have been without a properly functioning Mavic about 4 weeks. I didn't get to take it on my recent trip to Ireland which is why I bought it.
2017-9-8
Use props
fansc2962bbc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Agree. Sounds like a warranty case to me.
2017-9-8
Use props
el pelo
lvl.4
United States

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-9-8 06:25
Agree. Sounds like a warranty case to me.

Hoping someone from DJI does the right thing here. I keep getting reminders to pay their invoice.

I won't get my original back which I understand but its still frustrating as I just shelled out $1000 and now I get a used unit.

I guess if they keep holding my Mavic hostage I can look into what kind of buyers protection I have through my credit card company.
2017-9-8
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72497 ft
Malaysia

That was a bad experience that your facing. Hope that the DJI person can sort it out as soon as possible.
2017-9-8
Use props
el pelo
lvl.4
United States

TomGuyz Posted at 2017-9-8 06:49
That was a bad experience that your facing. Hope that the DJI person can sort it out as soon as possible.

Thanks me too!
2017-9-8
Use props
el pelo
lvl.4
United States

Any DJI reps online? I would really like an update as I am still in the dark about what is going on?
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

el pelo Posted at 2017-9-9 04:32
Any DJI reps online? I would really like an update as I am still in the dark about what is going on?

Sorry for getting back late. I had forwarded your concern to the manager and will have someone to contact you soon. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-10
Use props
el pelo
lvl.4
United States

Starting to get frustrated at this point. It has been almost 2 weeks and no word back from DJI.

I sent in my Drone in perfect physical condition. That is what I would expect to receive back....not a bill from DJI ?
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules