Phantom 4 Pro - Is it worth the money?
2070 10 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DjiDroneDude
lvl.1

Germany

Hello Community,
after all the questions I asked on this forum, I´m now only considering the Mavic and the Phantom 4 Pro to buy. Since the Mavic is 1000€ while the P4P is 1500€, I´m questioning if it would be worth the extra 500€ purchasing the Phantom 4 Pro.
What do you think about it? Does someone of you own both and can say if the P4P is worth the additional cost?
Thanks in advance for all answers,
- DjiDroneDude

2017-9-2
Use props
SM-17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

I own both, if you want portability get the mavic, if you want a good camera, then get the p4p, for my hobby, film/photography i always uses the p4p.
2017-9-2
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If your priority is shooting video , than i would go for phantom, very good camera. If you want to travel you could go for mavic, although i travel a lot and own phantom. And if you want grievance , go for the spark
2017-9-2
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I own also the spark,all issues if i had known before than i would have bought to mavic in stead of spark as my backup drone. Who knows maybe i wait for the platinum to come out
2017-9-2
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

Im new to this all and wow this is next level 1000000000000000000000000000000000% Worth the money and would allways buy DJI Products in the Future Lol defo get it m8
2017-9-2
Use props
Keith Thompson
lvl.3

United States

Virtually all the comparisons I have seen lean towards the Phantom 4 Pro as having the better quality of the two.  That being said keep in mind that they are two different beasts, whereas even though the P4P has a mechanical shutter and phenomenal gimbal, the Mav has its portability and extreme flying advantages.  
2017-9-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Dude,

The P4 Pro is definitely worth the money.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am for sure in doubt what my first drone should be.
The reason I want one in the first place, is to add some aerial footage to my video's.
I am a serious hobbyist, but it is (still) just hobby.

At first the Spark seemed like the one to go, but it's short battery life and less good gimbal + less camera options are making me hesitate.
So I looked at the Mavic also, which has the better gimbal and camera options and a nice fly more combo that looks sufficient for my 'needs'.

But also the P4 advanced or pro have their pro's of course ( the larger sensor would be the main reason to buy these), although the battery cost are a bit too much for my budget, as the fly more combo (Mavic) is already € 1.499,- here in NL and the P4 advanced would add about € 300,- to that.
So not sure yet and waiting how the price of these nice products are developing.
If DJI improves on the camera settings (25fps video, flat profile) maybe I still start with 'just' a spark and find if a drone is something that I use enough to spend serious money on.
Otherwise the Mavic looks best now (mainly because of the high cost of the P4 batteries and it's portability).
Just saving my cash for now and read a lot about all 3 drones in the meantime.
That is far more than I would like to spend on my hobby (as I have other
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As discussed above, they are total two different drones for variable purposes. It will be a hard decision as both are purchasable. I would not disagree if you purchased the two.
2017-9-5
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-3 03:09
I am for sure in doubt what my first drone should be.
The reason I want one in the first place, is to add some aerial footage to my video's.
I am a serious hobbyist, but it is (still) just hobby.

If you want vid... then the Phantom is the way.... Yes it's more... yes it's bigger... and YES IT'S BETTER VIDEO!  

I don't don't have a Mavic, so I can't speak too much to it, but the quality really is great on the pics and vid I get.  It would be a shame if you wanted to get a drone for video and you got the Mavic and kept saying to yourself... "I wish it could ________" or "I wish the quality were better....".

It's all a personal choice, but if you are getting it for a purpose... then don't fret over it... get it for that purpose.  

Good luck... and send me some shots, regardless which way you go!
2017-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-5 08:24
If you want vid... then the Phantom is the way.... Yes it's more... yes it's bigger... and YES IT'S BETTER VIDEO!  

I don't don't have a Mavic, so I can't speak too much to it, but the quality really is great on the pics and vid I get.  It would be a shame if you wanted to get a drone for video and you got the Mavic and kept saying to yourself... "I wish it could ________" or "I wish the quality were better....".

Thanks for the advice.
As of now the Phantom is just too expensive (especially with a charger and extra batteries) and too big probably for taking with me while hiking.
I know I can't have it all in one package, so I will decide someday.
If I get some discount I might even consider the P4 advanced, as it is much better on the video / photo side.
Not sure yet, but I am having fun already thinking about the shots I can get
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules