Newbe question
1424 22 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike_flight1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
United States

I have been using a Ipad for viewing and decided to buy the goggles. The goggles should be coming in this week. I have read the on line manual and was wondering if you can use both the Ipad and Goggles for viewing at the same time. Unless I am reading it wrong it states you can use the remote and the goggles at the same time but not all three.
2017-9-2
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

you maybe can down load some mirror imaging app to phone and pad i think. i strap gopro to bottom of ac and put gopro in wifi and gopro app on pad and let my nephew watch that way
2017-9-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2017-9-2 04:32
you maybe can down load some mirror imaging app to phone and pad i think. i strap gopro to bottom of ac and put gopro in wifi and gopro app on pad and let my nephew watch that way

does the wifi on gopro not negatively affect yr satelite connetions?
2017-9-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

with devise attached to RC and with using goggles -you can view the same image through the camera on both the goggles and the devise at the same time
2017-9-2
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-9-2 08:26
with devise attached to RC and with using goggles -you can view the same image through the camera on both the goggles and the devise at the same time

I haven't had any issues with the satellites effected . I'm in pretty populated area so there always seem to be plenty . Also I'm staying pretty near by everything just because cam is on wifi . Distance and. In rural areas possibly an issue . Haven't been able to try that yet.  Good question
2017-9-2
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-9-2 08:26

Nice avatar btw ;)
2017-9-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2017-9-2 08:51
I haven't had any issues with the satellites effected . I'm in pretty populated area so there always seem to be plenty . Also I'm staying pretty near by everything just because cam is on wifi . Distance and. In rural areas possibly an issue . Haven't been able to try that yet.  Good question

check this you tube clip

Btw - nice avatar too:-) Looks like yrs is breakdancing ..
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-9-2 11:08
check this you tube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN_QrIoRA6I

my guess about why that happens is not related to go-pro's wifi since my wifi hotspot in my car is very strong and my gps signal remains solid inches away from it on on everything including my mavic pro..

i thinking it has to do with poor shielding maybe.... emitting a lot of interference some of that interference kicking up into GPS signal..  that being said the GPS antenna is on the rear so he is close to begin with...  

also speaking of GPS has anyone else had an issue where they had full GPS lock moment they started up or within seconds of starting up before mavic finishes initializing you have 10+ sats then you about to take off and drops to 2 sats then climbs back up slowly?  doesn't seem to make any impact on my flight. something amiss with reporting in latest update i think... specially the few times i seen sat icon greyed out no bars or anything and it says "home point updated please check the map" in voice and says GPS ready on screen..  

2017-9-2
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 11:24
my guess about why that happens is not related to go-pro's wifi since my wifi hotspot in my car is very strong and my gps signal remains solid inches away from it on on everything including my mavic pro..

i thinking it has to do with poor shielding maybe.... emitting a lot of interference some of that interference kicking up into GPS signal..  that being said the GPS antenna is on the rear so he is close to begin with...  

I haven't seen exactly that but when I am switching thing around (and dropping in and out of DJI Go), it may display an incorrect satellite count just briefly when you first start it up. It usually takes a few seconds to get a good satellite lock so  if you just turned on the Mavic and DJI Go shows 12 stats, then this may be an example of this.
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-9-2 11:50
I haven't seen exactly that but when I am switching thing around (and dropping in and out of DJI Go), it may display an incorrect satellite count just briefly when you first start it up. It usually takes a few seconds to get a good satellite lock so  if you just turned on the Mavic and DJI Go shows 12 stats, then this may be an example of this.

yea thats kinda what i mean.   like today i first started up and it showing i had like 10 or 11 sats locked at startup but moment i take off dropped to 2 sats.. makes sense because been hours since my last flight no way it has 10-11 sat locks that fast..  weird bug.. it worries me more on behalf of newer fliers that may be less aware, technically of what is happening..  i think its just a  reporting bug not actual defect..
2017-9-2
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 12:04
yea thats kinda what i mean.   like today i first started up and it showing i had like 10 or 11 sats locked at startup but moment i take off dropped to 2 sats.. makes sense because been hours since my last flight no way it has 10-11 sat locks that fast..  weird bug.. it worries me more on behalf of newer fliers that may be less aware, technically of what is happening..  i think its just a  reporting bug not actual defect..

I am kinda used to that type of behavior. I have had lots of different GPSs and devices which use a GPS and the position you have start up is usually pretty bad. It always takes a while to get a good position.  When I start the Mavic (or any other GPS using drone), I give it a few minutes to get a good home position.
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-9-2 17:22
I am kinda used to that type of behavior. I have had lots of different GPSs and devices which use a GPS and the position you have start up is usually pretty bad. It always takes a while to get a good position.  When I start the Mavic (or any other GPS using drone), I give it a few minutes to get a good home position.

ya i try giving it some time, specially dont take off if i'm flying where a number of people maybe around until i get a solid lock or a homepoint gets recorded.   if no one around or very few people maybe effected, like semi empty parking lot or empty part of a park..or my farm,  i usually launch it up after 30 seconds and let it hover about 50 feet up that usually helps it out a little bit..i try not to fly off until a homepoint gets recorded
2017-9-2
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hmm ... are you flying in neighborhood? If yes, this can happen in common. Buildings and trees can obstruct signal easily.
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-9-2 17:43
Hmm ... are you flying in neighborhood? If yes, this can happen in common. Buildings and trees can obstruct signal easily.

i think its a bug with how it reporting things mostly..  because out at my farm in a field i seen it show like 10 sats being locked on then at take off or if i leave it alone for a minute it drops back to 5 sats locked.. like the app is remembering how many sats it had locked onto last flight (which can be hours ago) then doesn't clear it out of memory very quickly every time..no way it gets that many sats locked that quickly hours later, i know this from my experience with other GPS products as well.  and me mentioning this is mostly out of concern for newcomers or less technical and less experienced that may not know this and think they have a full lock and start flying without GPS ready.. i hope dji fixes these reporting issues
2017-9-2
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-9-2 11:08
check this you tube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN_QrIoRA6I

hey buddy
yes that vid is a bit crazy . i will take a pic how i set mine up and didnt have prob. i put it in gopro case , i zip tie it with a little play in it on bottom back bracket on mav. i also put gopro cam setting in upside down mode be cause when i zip it to bracket , it is upside down. one other obstacle  though. i am use to hand launching and landing . im not sure how my idea would work if you take off and land just on pad on ground
2017-9-3
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 17:36
ya i try giving it some time, specially dont take off if i'm flying where a number of people maybe around until i get a solid lock or a homepoint gets recorded.   if no one around or very few people maybe effected, like semi empty parking lot or empty part of a park..or my farm,  i usually launch it up after 30 seconds and let it hover about 50 feet up that usually helps it out a little bit..i try not to fly off until a homepoint gets recorded

That's a good approach.  With the Mavic and other drones, a lot of so-called fly aways may be due to recording a faulty home point.
2017-9-3
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2017-9-3 06:18
hey buddy
yes that vid is a bit crazy . i will take a pic how i set mine up and didnt have prob. i put it in gopro case , i zip tie it with a little play in it on bottom back bracket on mav. i also put gopro cam setting in upside down mode be cause when i zip it to bracket , it is upside down. one other obstacle  though. i am use to hand launching and landing . im not sure how my idea would work if you take off and land just on pad on ground

dont forget to send the pic - i would love to see yr setup
2017-9-3
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-9-3 11:19

Will do!!
2017-9-3
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-9-3 11:19

took a bit between the hurricane here and figuring out how to post a pic lol . i didnt forget tho . here is my baby. in my avitar pic i didnt have all my armor on just my landing gear legs

my body armor

my body armor
2017-9-25
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2017-9-25 04:17
took a bit between the hurricane here and figuring out how to post a pic lol . i didnt forget tho . here is my baby. in my avitar pic i didnt have all my armor on just my landing gear legs

cool - i like the camera protector, i'd feel better if i had one of those.
2017-10-2
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-2 04:34
cool - i like the camera protector, i'd feel better if i had one of those.

yes it works really good. its sturdy . every now and then ,you get some cover in video but it ok. it also helps alot with the glare. i also have a gimbal dome that has a built in clamp that slides on and clicks. also heavy duty plastic dome and way easier then remembering on and off clamp every time
2017-10-2
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes you can Mike. I got the goggles a short while back. My wife was sat on the patio with goggles on while I took her for a spin round with the iPad. No messing about needed and does it automatically.
2017-10-6
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The RC and goggles for sure - not too sure about the iPad too
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now