P4P missing first picture of each flight
1031 14 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

After startup of my P4P, when I attempt to take the first picture, no picture will be recorded on the card, even though it makes the shutter-click sound.  This happens whether I use the button in the app, or the RC shutter button.  Subsequent presses of either button result in pictures as expected.  This is with AF enabled, didn't try MF.  Is this normal behaviour?  

Here is my setup:
P4P
iPhone 6+ with iOS 10.3.3
GO4 version 4.0.8
Aircraft 01.03.0509
Remote Control 01.04.00.00
App Database 00.00.01.04
2017-9-2
Use props
Keith Thompson
lvl.3

United States

I noticed the same thing today.  Waiting for that "click" sound.  Didn't happen the first couple of times. I wasn't sure if I was pressing the right button for a moment.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please have a try with MF and keep us posted. I'll forward to our engineers for review.
2017-9-5
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I know i got the first 2 photos overexposed and now the first one and ... i even had NONE recorded to the card at all at some case but videos are ok.
Strange things keep occurring.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our engineers will fix it in the later firmware. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-8 20:05
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our engineers will fix it in the later firmware. Appreciate your patience.

I have experienced the same thing.  Although I did not realize it was an issue until now.  Since I'm still new to system operations I thought it was something I was doing.  However, after reading this thread, I can say the same thing has happened to me, but only on the first attempt to take a still photo.  I have not yet tried to take any video.
I should clarify, it seems to only happen on the first attempt at taking a photo per each flight.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-8 21:11
I have experienced the same thing.  Although I did not realize it was an issue until now.  Since I'm still new to system operations I thought it was something I was doing.  However, after reading this thread, I can say the same thing has happened to me, but only on the first attempt to take a still photo.  I have not yet tried to take any video.
I should clarify, it seems to only happen on the first attempt at taking a photo per each flight.

Thanks for clarification. Our engineers are working on this, and hopefully it can be figured out soon.
2017-9-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-8 21:11

Aloha Genghis,

The same thing happened to me the other day, but then I realized I really was pressing the "Replay" button and not the shutter button.  When I did press the shutter button, it did the click, etc.  I had nothing in queue for replay, so the replay had no response.

Kind of along what you were thinking, except I really was the babooze!  What convinced me of my mistake was the extra distance I had to go to press the shutter button.  I know I did not go that distance the first time.

Just my 2 cents!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-11 00:25
Aloha Genghis,

The same thing happened to me the other day, but then I realized I really was pressing the "Replay" button and not the shutter button.  When I did press the shutter button, it did the click, etc.  I had nothing in queue for replay, so the replay had no response.

While entirely possible at first, it happened repeatedly on several flights and I did start making sure I was hitting the correct button as verified by my immediate and subsequent successful photo taking after the first failed attempt i.e. hitting the same button afterward.
As I noted, I was willing to think it was me at first and even afterward, until I read this thread...
2017-9-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-11 06:37
While entirely possible at first, it happened repeatedly on several flights and I did start making sure I was hitting the correct button as verified by my immediate and subsequent successful photo taking after the first failed attempt i.e. hitting the same button afterward.
As I noted, I was willing to think it was me at first and even afterward, until I read this thread...

Aloha Genghis,

Hey, maybe I can let myself off light then!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-11 21:26
Aloha Genghis,

Hey, maybe I can let myself off light then!

uh I wouldn't be so hard on yourself, and I sure as heck don't want you to stop giving advice...I by no means have any of this figured out.
Please, any comments, suggestions, and advice you have I would like to hear it.
2017-9-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-11 21:36
uh I wouldn't be so hard on yourself, and I sure as heck don't want you to stop giving advice...I by no means have any of this figured out.
Please, any comments, suggestions, and advice you have I would like to hear it.

Aloha Genghis,

You know me, the hard part is putting a sock in it!  And plus, I enjoy your comments and participation.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-11 21:41
Aloha Genghis,

You know me, the hard part is putting a sock in it!  And plus, I enjoy your comments and participation.

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are...
2017-9-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-11 21:45
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are...

Aloha Genghis,

Have a good night!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aloha
2017-9-11
Use props