Battery Cell Error
4386 13 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grumpy1056
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69 ft
United States

Anyone ever get a Battery Cell Error. Apparently one of the cells is bad, going bad and this is a new battery and only used 7 times. Never dropped or misused.
Can they be repaired or upgraded to work again?
2017-9-2
Use props
Grumpy1056
lvl.1
United States

And that is on the Inspire 2.
2017-9-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

What happens if you run it way down (<2-5%) and then recharge it?  Might be time to chuck it otherwise if it's out of their 6 month warranty period.

Wish these things were plain lipos with a smart charger like normal RC aircraft, boats, cars, etc.  Intelligent battery idea seems prone to an early death, imho.  Some of my RC lipos are still working after 5 years.  Hobby shop owner says his are 14 years old.  The newer RC plane transmitters are pretty good at estimating flight times as they also track the motor power and factor that into the battery timer.

2017-9-2
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

From 100%, try discharging it until it turns itself off, then fully recharge it. The I1 batteries can be taken apart and the cells can be dis/charged individually, unfortunately, I don't believe this can be done with the I2 batteries so if this unit is still under warranty, I would recommend you send it in asap.

Best of luck

Mark G.
2017-9-2
Use props
Bogenn
lvl.1
United States

Mine arrived with a bad battery cell. If it's new enough, it's covered under warranty.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Grumpy, if the error persists when you drain the battery and the fully charge, please contact our support to start a ticket and send it in for replacement, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-9-3
Use props
GeoffT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I had one go recently, just about 5 months in to the 6 month warranty, this was replaced with a new battery quickly and efficiently by DJI, it might be a different matter if you're beyond that 6 months so get that ticket started asap.
2017-9-4
Use props
Grumpy1056
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-3 23:47
Grumpy, if the error persists when you drain the battery and the fully charge, please contact our support to start a ticket and send it in for replacement, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

DJI Mindy, how will the new battery pair/work with the older one? If we have to send the bad one back in.
I have already started a ticket for replacement just in case.

also is there a way to discharge the battery faster?
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Grumpy1056 Posted at 2017-9-4 08:03
DJI Mindy, how will the new battery pair/work with the older one? If we have to send the bad one back in.
I have already started a ticket for replacement just in case.

When the cycle between two batteries is less than 100 times and the battery between them less than 13%, the batteries will pair automatically.
The fasted way to discharge teh battery is to fly the drone.
2017-9-6
Use props
UST
New
United States

Hello, I'm having the worst issue with my Inspire 2 charging hub. Lately it's only been recognizing half my batteries, thus only charging half my batteries. I have 3 sets and mark them A,B,C. I always fly with the same two batteries in a pair (AA, BB, CC). I'm positive I'm putting them in correctly, but the hub will only link on to certain batteries I have now. my A set isn't connecting, and one of my C batteries won't connect either. I'm responsible when I fly, and have kept the batteries in great shape. Not sure where to go from here, I've got a big video shoot in another week and I have to get these batteries up and running again.

- Mike
2017-9-7
Use props
rainofashes
lvl.1
United States

I just started the petition "Frank Wang: Hold DJI responsible for selling faulty batteries!" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.  My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:  https://chn.ge/2Lgtm9O
2018-7-13
Use props
rainofashes
lvl.1
United States

I just started the petition "Frank Wang: Hold DJI responsible for selling faulty batteries!" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://chn.ge/2Lgtm9O
2018-7-13
Use props
vsblogger7
New

India

There is no battery cell error for the Inspire 2
2019-8-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft