1565 17 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UPTGrad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1447884 ft
  • >>>
United States

About 10 days to go till we see the 10-year anniversary iPhone 8.
I hope it's compatible with the MP controller.
ie Perhaps no home button, size, etc.

I was hoping the new MP Platinum would have a different controller to more easily accommodate an iPad pro.
Just seems to me the placement at the bottom with expanding arms seems a little awkward.

2017-9-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to say that I really have always liked the Mavic controller and the Spark's as well.  My mini 4 fits on the bottom, but it's an ergonomic nightmare.  I bought one of the several available clamps.  It has really changed the experience for me.  
2017-9-2
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iPad Pros are pretty big! Even the 10.5” ones! iPad Mini is comfy as it’s lite  and doesn’t get in the way. Still, big Apple fan but I’m concerned about the removal of the home button. TouchID has been immense since th 5S
2017-9-2
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-9-2 10:28
iPad Pros are pretty big! Even the 10.5” ones! iPad Mini is comfy as it’s lite  and doesn’t get in the way. Still, big Apple fan but I’m concerned about the removal of the home button. TouchID has been immense since th 5S

Look at the Samsung Galaxy S8, there is no Home button there either and nobody is complaining, because the extra screen is more than welcome.
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721ZMHXB

invest yourself in one of these bad boys and if you need a tablet holder instead of the phone holder but you like it ontop,  then search for "ipad tripod adapter"

2017-9-2
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-2 10:50
Look at the Samsung Galaxy S8, there is no Home button there either and nobody is complaining, because the extra screen is more than welcome.

Android. No thanks.
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-2 10:50

i hate it, i have the S8!  beyond the crashing issues i always face with my S8 and dji go apps.  def is the horrible ergonomics with the RC without a separate mount/holder.  try using the S8 in the built in holder is annoying, not impossible just annoying enough i spend $30 on that polar pro adapter i posted above.

the home button on the S8 is also pressure sensitive and about 99% of the time i have zero issues with it, its actually intuitive because i can tap on screen buttons not triggering home unless i press firmly..  with it in the build in holder under the controller the glass is being squeezed a bit so even a light tap in the area where home button is.. boom app closed out back on home screen.. the holder itself does not trigger home though..
2017-9-2
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 12:26
i hate it, i have the S8!  beyond the crashing issues i always face with my S8 and dji go apps.  def is the horrible ergonomics with the RC without a separate mount/holder.  try using the S8 in the built in holder is annoying, not impossible just annoying enough i spend $30 on that polar pro adapter i posted above.

the home button on the S8 is also pressure sensitive and about 99% of the time i have zero issues with it, its actually intuitive because i can tap on screen buttons not triggering home unless i press firmly..  with it in the build in holder under the controller the glass is being squeezed a bit so even a light tap in the area where home button is.. boom app closed out back on home screen.. the holder itself does not trigger home though..

DJI GO 4 never crashed on my S8 and the home button's sensitivity can be adjusted, besides, I never use it.
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-2 13:30
DJI GO 4 never crashed on my S8 and the home button's sensitivity can be adjusted, besides, I never use it.

my sensitivity is pushed all the way to least sensitivity.   every other app works great on my S8 for me the only app that crashes for me is the DJiGo4.   
2017-9-2
Use props
Gixxed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40128 ft

United States

Can't wait to see what they do. I can't go back until they give us expandable memory. Main reason I went to Samsung. For now I have to go with the note8
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gixxed Posted at 2017-9-2 17:31
Can't wait to see what they do. I can't go back until they give us expandable memory. Main reason I went to Samsung. For now I have to go with the note8

i doubt apple will ever give mobile devices expandable storage.  i'm not terribly unhappy about it its the apple life.. they have their own ways, i used to hate it to no end then i grew out of hating it once they upped the min storage and made internal storage screaming fast (too bad lightning/usb they use is still 2.0 speed)  now i'm back to hating other apple ideas, mostly with macbooks pros now..LUL    if you're dedicating an iPad or an iPhone to the cause of flying drone and nothing much else, it's not bad.. that my plan

2017-9-2
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 14:46
my sensitivity is pushed all the way to least sensitivity.   every other app works great on my S8 for me the only app that crashes for me is the DJiGo4.

I have also set that home button to the lowest sensitivity, and since then I have no issues with it anymore.
I do use the soft buttons on the S8 only.

I cannot say that the DJI GO 4 has ever crashed on my S8, and I am not the only S8 user on this forum who can tell a similar tale.
But make sure that the DJI GO 4 is always asleep - when not in use of course. You set this option in the Battery section of the Device Maintenance.

You may want to try the DJI GO 4 app straight from DJI using their QR code:
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2017-9-3
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Gixxed Posted at 2017-9-2 17:31

My main reasons for buying the Samsung Galaxy S8 were its huge screen and the endless memory expansion options available on the S8.
Should the iPhone 8 blow the Galaxy S8 out of the sky, I might buy that iPhone, but until then, the iPhone is merely old wine in new bottles.
2017-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 11:05

invest yourself in one of these bad boys and if you need a tablet holder instead of the phone holder but you like it ontop,  then search for "ipad tripod adapter"

That looks nice indeed.
2017-9-3
Use props
UPTGrad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1447884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you everyone for the great feedback.
I was a little concerned about the iPhone 8 maybe not working well, but now knowing the Samsung has not had a home button make me feel a little better.
Just ordered the MP Platinum (due ~ 9/25) as my first drone.  Can't wait.
I think I'll just go ahead and order that Tablet holder, so thanks for that feedback and suggestion as well.
Thank you.    :>)
2017-9-4
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 11:05

Hands down my favorite mount.  I have several, and I prefer this one by a long shot.   That said, I wish it had a little more weight to it in the front.   With a heavy phone, it's sometime tough to keep the rig from falling backwards on a table...

LP
2017-9-4
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-9-4 17:24
Hands down my favorite mount.  I have several, and I prefer this one by a long shot.   That said, I wish it had a little more weight to it in the front.   With a heavy phone, it's sometime tough to keep the rig from falling backwards on a table...

LP

ya my fav mount but ya its not well balanced if you sit it down..
2017-9-4
Use props
bilanmogan
lvl.1

Canada

I must say that the Iphone 8 really fit my style. I created my own iphone 8 ringtone. Thank you for sharing that.
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules