Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suddenly my .mp4 and .mov files won't play
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usere7a04e8b35
lvl.2
United States

I was transferring a bunch of files from the SD card to my MacBook Pro this morning and half of the movies or giving me an error that reads unsupported codec. This is happening with both.MOV and.MP4 video files.

Videos I recorded yesterday seem to be fine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
2017-9-2
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

try a different SD card.
2017-9-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

You haven't inadvertently switched from NTSC to PAL, or vice-versa?   Would that make a difference?
2017-9-2
Use props
usere7a04e8b35
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-9-2 09:15
You haven't inadvertently switched from NTSC to PAL, or vice-versa?   Would that make a difference?

It is not the card, all movies came from the same card at the same time. It turns out the movies that won't playback any more are h.265 format. I don't know what happened to my system to cause the sudden refusal to play or even open h.264 movies.

I'm using handbrake to transcode them to a production format. Weird....
2017-9-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Quirks and quarks. When playing in the digital domain, all sorts of glitche fun can be had.

Just be happy you got most of your video files intact. Perhaps go fly and record some again. Practice makes perfect anyway.

Format the card in the drone and have fun...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please post the screenshot and video if the same thing happen again. Wish you have a good time!
2017-9-5
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

I am total noob... but I had an issue where some of my older software wasn't able to read any file that was done in 4k.  I thought my files were corrupt, but it turns out it was just my software.  
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules