Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Delay with Lightbridge
4448 4 2014-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smcbrearty
lvl.4

Canada

I am considering upgrading to a Lightbridge system from my fatshark trans.  I have been asking around but no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer as to how much a delay there is in video with Lightbridge.  Does anyone have practical experience with the Lightbridge system and delayed video?  I would hate to be on location and using FPV and a delay on the actual location of the craft.  I could just imaging trying to get a scene where you are required to fly over tree tops, watching the phantom thinking you are high enough and then checking the FPV only to see that the phantom crash real-time and the PFV is still showing flight 2-3 seconds before the crash.
2014-10-17
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well it all depends on the equipment being used. Since we are talking digital each component in the chain will induce lag. Lightbridge, camera and mobile / Monitor device will all have their own lag.

Here is a chart that shows average latency

2014-10-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your chart is not being displayed.
2014-10-17
Use props
DJI-youzq
lvl.1
China

the latency of LB is about 100ms in realtime mode, which is no problem for FPV.
The latency of screen-to-screen contains latency of camera and monitor which won't be reduced no matter which video transmission system you use. typically, if you use a gopro, the latency of this part is about 120ms. so the latency is about 220ms in total.
2014-10-19
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.4

Canada

Thanks for the replies, Blade your chart is not showing up, can you repost please.  I have found that the simple 5.8 ghz (fatshark) has no lag what so ever.
2014-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules