Controller ON / OFF help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TGoedde
lvl.1
United States

Hi Gang,
A new and excited user here. Am I missing something on the controller ON/ OFF button? Is there some magic combination of click / hold / long click or something to power on and off? I've tried a simple one click to power on. Doesn't work. Long click doesn't work. Then some randon guess of a click turns it on. Turning it off doesn't work regardless of what I try so the unit just shuts itself off after a while of no touch or movement. After a series of beeps and "hey look at me!' sounds. So, anything I am missing here or does it sound like a defective unit? When I got my drone a few days back, the battery was total dead. Dead dead. Amazon made good and gave me a gift card towards the purchase of a battery through them, but of course it is on the slow boat from the other side of the world. So I was forced to spend an additional $180 at the DJI store so I could get things fired up. I'd like DJI to make a iPad Pro mount too, but will have to find a 3rd party device. 2 rubber bands work, but aren't real "pro" looking. Oh, and this thing is so stinking cool and fun!

2017-9-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Press once, then press again and hold.
2017-9-2
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Yes.  As Alabama said.  It is the same procedure to turn on the drone as the r/c.  It is also the same procedure to turn them off.  Press release,  press again and hold for a second.
2017-9-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Double your fun, double click hold , does the trick...

Same for the off processes, double click hold and your done.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-2
Use props
Ono
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1894961 ft
Spain

Impossible
First read the manual, second read the manual, third fly and enjoy. do not change the order
2017-9-3
Use props
TGoedde
lvl.1
United States

Done that. I'm not an idiot.
2017-9-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TGoedde Posted at 2017-9-3 18:11

Go to your manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
Page 36  -  Turning the Remote Controller On and Off
The Phantom 4 Advanced / Advanced+ remote controller is powered by a 2S rechargeable battery that has a capacity of 6000 mAh. The battery level is indicated via the Battery Level LEDs on the front panel. Follow the steps below to turn on your remote controller:
1.   When  the  remote  controller  is  turned  off,  press  the  Power  Button  once.  The  Battery  Level  LEDs  will  
display the current battery level.
2.   Press and hold the Power Button to turn on the remote controller.
3.  The remote controller will beep when it is turned on. The Status LED will rapidly blink green, indicating that the remote controller is linking to the aircraft. The Status LEDs will glow solid green when linking is complete.
4.  Repeat Step 2 to turn off the remote controller
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TGoedde Posted at 2017-9-3 18:11

Could you upload a short video of this issue? I'd like to look into it.
2017-9-3
Use props
TGoedde
lvl.1
United States

Thanks gang. On to a new issue. Gimbal error. Just sits and rocks back and forth.
2017-9-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TGoedde Posted at 2017-9-3 19:21
Thanks gang. On to a new issue. Gimbal error. Just sits and rocks back and forth.

So what happened with regard to switching the controller off or on?
2017-9-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-9-3 19:29
So what happened with regard to switching the controller off or on?

Hahaha, I presume he figured it out, after much prompting. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-3 15:36
when i first came on this forum Red Hot Poker:- i thought you were joking about people not reading the user manual
now i am convinced the first thing you read is how to turn the thing on and off

It's a childproof safety feature. It practically takes an adult to figure out the "double touch and hold" procedure. Ha
But it's all plainly described in the manuals. So please RTFM!! ;-)

I read and read, just to reread my PDF manuals, over again. It became a bedtime ritual. To sleep on it.

By the time my Phantom 3 Pro was delivered, we were already extremely well acquainted. ;-)

Nothing to be ashamed about, learning the minutiae . . .
It makes the learning experience much more enjoyable, if you like the subject matter...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-3
Use props
TGoedde
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone for the advice. The double push thing just takes a little practice on the timing. But it's worthless at this point as the gimbal isn't working now. Are these things that temperamental?
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TGoedde Posted at 2017-9-4 06:42
Thanks everyone for the advice. The double push thing just takes a little practice on the timing. But it's worthless at this point as the gimbal isn't working now. Are these things that temperamental?

Does the gimbal do self-diagnostic once powered on? Do you have the live video in APP?
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules