1356 10 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

I have a question about RC calibration.

When I open the meny i have 0 deviation.
When I press start it changes and actually is moving up and down with me touching anything (see attached pictures)

What I wonder about is:

Is the purpouse to get 0% after a succesful calibration?
For some reason I don't manage to get that?

This explains some "drifting" that I have and I would love to get that part resolved cause I can't fly straight.

I also tried to do a timelapse which is not possible since the aircraft is moving a little bit all the time, that can be explained by the RC deviation of course.
What I do not understand how to solve is that the hight is moving 1 meter up and done from shot to shot and the left stick should be working good according to my understanding.

Help most appreciated.

Happy flying.

before I press start

before I press start

Calibration

Calibration
2017-9-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

If everything is at zero, why are you trying to calibrate?
2017-9-2
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-9-2 14:44
If everything is at zero, why are you trying to calibrate?

Cause it's moving a little bit and when you tilt the left stick a little bit to the left it stops. It also moves a little bit  backwards.
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i'm not sure if the goal is to get zero or to get another number if you experience drift and correcting it.  i'm guessing that if you have drift at default (zero) then you may want some offset detected in calibration as new zero..?   i guess that makes sense?

my only guess is try to complete calibration as needed and see if drifting still occurs.. and if you get new values for different directions.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

That 0 means the sticks are all in the central position. If the drone drift, I recommend calibrating the IMU and compass, then fly the drone in place with a fine GPS signal. Besides, I suggest using Tripod mode for your case.
2017-9-2
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 21:38
i'm not sure if the goal is to get zero or to get another number if you experience drift and correcting it.  i'm guessing that if you have drift at default (zero) then you may want some offset detected in calibration as new zero..?   i guess that makes sense?

my only guess is try to complete calibration as needed and see if drifting still occurs.. and if you get new values for different directions.

I tried several times and the same thing exists (i.e. small deviation in numbers), that's why i'm asking will try a new IMU Calibration and RC Calibration today to see if that changes things.

Thanks for your time.

Happy flying
2017-9-2
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-2 22:22
That 0 means the sticks are all in the central position. If the drone drift, I recommend calibrating the IMU and compass, then fly the drone in place with a fine GPS signal. Besides, I suggest using Tripod mode for your case.

OK, that is my understanding as well with 0. I will try to calibrate the IMU today, not the compass since i'm so scared about that and have NO indications that the compass is OF.  
Tripod yes, but if you want to go faster then Tripod is not the solution.

Thanks for your response
2017-9-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-9-2 21:12
Cause it's moving a little bit and when you tilt the left stick a little bit to the left it stops. It also moves a little bit  backwards.

If it drifts at zero settings with no wind, you need to find out why.  Miscalibrating it to make up for that drift is asking for trouble.  Bring it up to the DJI people on this forum and see what they say.  I suspect they will want a complete IMU calibration, along with compass and controller.  If it is then still a problem, they will want it sent in for troubleshooting or replacement.
2017-9-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-9-4 19:04
If it drifts at zero settings with no wind, you need to find out why.  Miscalibrating it to make up for that drift is asking for trouble.  Bring it up to the DJI people on this forum and see what they say.  I suspect they will want a complete IMU calibration, along with compass and controller.  If it is then still a problem, they will want it sent in for troubleshooting or replacement.

Hi

I did a new IMU calibration and RC Calibration and it's better, Zero wind is hard I have to wait for that moment. Now I have an other problem with RTH which makes me stand on the ground for a while.

Thanks for the tip

Happy flying
2017-9-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-9-4 21:30
Hi

I did a new IMU calibration and RC Calibration and it's better, Zero wind is hard I have to wait for that moment. Now I have an other problem with RTH which makes me stand on the ground for a while.

I'm glad it helped, but that's not really good enough, or at least it wouldn't be for me.  I can identify with the zero wind being hard to find statement.  I live in a breezy part of the country myself.  Luckily, we are in a nice mild period right now.

I don't understand what you mean by "Now I have an other problem with RTH which makes me stand on the ground for awhile." What does this mean?
2017-9-5
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-9-5 16:20
I'm glad it helped, but that's not really good enough, or at least it wouldn't be for me.  I can identify with the zero wind being hard to find statement.  I live in a breezy part of the country myself.  Luckily, we are in a nice mild period right now.

I don't understand what you mean by "Now I have an other problem with RTH which makes me stand on the ground for awhile."  What does this mean?

Ok, sorry i had an other problem with the app most likely

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid944594

Which made me stan on the grund until My curiosity took over.

Thanks for the help and Happy flying
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules