Max Distance too low
2952 17 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57543 ft
United States

When I turn off beginner mode, the max distance increases only to 328 ft. Yesterday, when I think I was in ATTI mode, I was able to turn OFF max distance, and increase max altitude to 122 meters, but today it's back to 328 ft and max altitude 164 ft.

Worse, when I try to fly farther than 146 ft away, it hits the distance limit anyway.

How can I turn off the max distance? How can I increase the max altitude to 122 meters?
2017-9-2
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

First, check if you are in the No Fly Zone. Then try logging in to Dji in DJI Go 4. Turn your Cellular Data on to let Spark talking with DJI server before logging-in. Update the No Fly Zone database if the app request,
2017-9-2
Use props
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
United States

It was when I was disconnected, that I could turn OFF max distance and increase max altitude in the app. When I connected the spark, the old limits reappeared. With the spark connected, I can't  change these max settings.
2017-9-2
Use props
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
United States

fansa, when I update the No Fly Zone database, it downloads quickly, then gets stuck "Transmitting" at 0% completion.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please refer to the answer at 2#, check if you are in NFZ. Besides, did you get any messages when you got the limitation? What was that? Please try to restart the app or log in your account again. You need to connect the drone when you change the drone's settings or it is not stored. For the NFZ database updating, if you can not update it via the app, please try to update it by DJI Assistant 2.
2017-9-3
Use props
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-3 01:46
Please refer to the answer at 2#, check if you are in NFZ. Besides, did you get any messages when you got the limitation? What was that? Please try to restart the app or log in your account again. You need to connect the drone when you change the drone's settings or it is not stored. For the NFZ database updating, if you can not update it via the app, please try to update it by DJI Assistant 2.

Thank you. When the drone is connected, I can't change the max distance (328 ft) or max altitude (164 ft). But I can't get even this distance. It's been stopping at 146 ft distance; once I used  a "circle" intelligent mode and followed a boat past the maximum distance. I'm flyingin a warning zone, but not a no-fly zone.

Somebody else is having trouble updating the NFZ database, too. I'm trying to do the update at home, which is in a NFZ, where I cannot take off. I've been trying with DJI Assistant. Can't find how to update with DJI Go 4. Just now found the DJI Go 4 update on the App Store. I'm not able to check the version of the installed DJI Go 4 app, but am updating to 4.1.9. How can I update the NFZ database with the DJI Go 4 app?
2017-9-3
Use props
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-3 01:46

I updated to DJI Go 4 version 4.1.9, but still get the same unchangeable limits on distance and altitude.

I just noticed a slide-in arrow next to "Flight restrictions" but it seems to be an iOS accessory.

When I use the top-right menu on the splash screen, there's a "No Fly Zone" button. This leads to an empty screen with a short progress bar and a back-arrow. It's stuck, I think, trying to update the No Fly database, just like DJI Assistant.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dick Heiser Posted at 2017-9-3 10:03
I updated to DJI Go 4 version 4.1.9, but still get the same unchangeable limits on distance and altitude.

I just noticed a slide-in arrow next to "Flight restrictions" but it seems to be an iOS accessory.

I tried mine device, can access NFZ area successfully. You need cellular to access it. For updating the No Fly Zone database, you can also check for update on general settings, connect the drone, RC and app, enter device, general settings, about. The latest version is V01.00.01.05.
Besides, when you change your max altitude and distance, you need to connect the drone first.
I think you might test your drone in another place without any restrictions after updating the database. Looking forward to your feedback.
2017-9-5
Use props
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-5 01:30
I tried mine device, can access NFZ area successfully. You need cellular to access it. For updating the No Fly Zone database, you can also check for update on general settings, connect the drone, RC and app, enter device, general settings, about. The latest version is V01.00.01.05.
Besides, when you change your max altitude and distance, you need to connect the drone first.
I think you might test your drone in another place without any restrictions after updating the database. Looking forward to your feedback.

I still can't change the max distance (328 ft) and max altitude (164 ft) if the drone is connected.

Can you help me get out of this restricted mode?
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dick Heiser Posted at 2017-9-5 11:59
I still can't change the max distance (328 ft) and max altitude (164 ft) if the drone is connected.

Can you help me get out of this restricted mode?

Sorry, I have to verify first, are you connecting the mobile device with the drone directly? I mean without an RC? If yes, the max transmission distance is 100 meters and 50 meters for altitude. And you can not change it. If no, could you please provide us with a screenshot of changing the parameters?
2017-9-7
Use props
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 02:51
Sorry, I have to verify first, are you connecting the mobile device with the drone directly? I mean without an RC? If yes, the max transmission distance is 100 meters and 50 meters for altitude. And you can not change it. If no, could you please provide us with a screenshot of changing the parameters?

Of course, all this time I have been using my iPad. I do not have a RC. I don't think my iPad would work well with the RC (wrong size).

I'll be very disappointed if I can't fly 1000 feet!

The setting is frozen at 328 feet for max distance, but I can't even go that far. What could be giving "max distance reached" at less than 200 feet?? The setting still says 328 feet.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dick Heiser Posted at 2017-9-8 16:58
Of course, all this time I have been using my iPad. I do not have a RC. I don't think my iPad would work well with the RC (wrong size).

If you fly the drone near a fly restriction zone, the message might also pop up. And max transmission distance        for WiFi connection only for the Spark is 100 m(Distance), 50 m(Height) (unobstructed, free of interference). Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-9-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Dick Heiser Posted at 2017-9-8 16:58

If you don't have an RC you will never fly 1000 feet. This is well explained in the spark specs and in the user manual. Reading them helps a lot .
If your iPad is too large for the RC, look out for tablet holders available on the market. There is a good choice out there.
2017-9-9
Use props
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-9 05:16
If you don't have an RC you will never fly 1000 feet. This is well explained in the spark specs and in the user manual. Reading them helps a lot .
If your iPad is too large for the RC, look out for tablet holders available on the market. There is a good choice out there.

I have read the manuals twice. Don't know where these limits are stated.

Tablet holder? I have a sunshield for the tablet, but can't imagine juggling the RC and tablet. Is there something that would connect them (mechanically)?
2017-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Dick Heiser Posted at 2017-9-11 18:05
I have read the manuals twice. Don't know where these limits are stated.

Tablet holder? I have a sunshield for the tablet, but can't imagine juggling the RC and tablet. Is there something that would connect them (mechanically)?

Yes, just make a search for Spark/Mavic tablet holder on the usual sales platforms. You will find plenty of choice. Personally I would recommend one made out of Aluminium, not plastic.
2017-9-12
Use props
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-12 02:29
Yes, just make a search for Spark/Mavic tablet holder on the usual sales platforms. You will find plenty of choice. Personally I would recommend one made out of Aluminium, not plastic.

Thanks!

That looks like it will work fine with a tablet.
2017-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Dick Heiser Posted at 2017-9-15 22:52
Thanks!

That looks like it will work fine with a tablet.

Yes, it works perfectly. And you don't need to go for the premium model that is 80$+. There are good aluminium ones around 30$ or even less.
2017-9-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Using only phone/iPad 80/100 metres max distance, with RC your max distance will increase to 2km.

Page 54 of your Manual....
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules