A sill moment
592 3 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

So i was at my work using my inspire 1 to do some video of the front of our building (i want to fly down the main entrents at the company logo then go up and over the building to view the back lot with the sunrire).  sounds like a simple thing.  but i had a hard time backing up the drone and postion it.  it keep try to driff to the left side (not a windy day, no problems with the drone).  So i land the drone and calibrated the remote control, and the drone.  But i still had the problem.

Will i forgot about the no fly zone next to that part of the propery, and i am still waiting for DJI to unlock it (i already have all the proper prmision, from all the correct people).  I spent almost 20 min checking and re-checking the drone, recalibrating and trouple shooting setting before i relised this (i for got there was a no fly zone next to us becaue it was not there before).

so by time i figure this out i lost the moment i want to film.

I thought i share my moment.  
2017-9-2
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr, PRACTICE my friend is the key! Tomorrow fly it again, in the AM and in the PM. Then fly it again, and again untill you get it right! Don't get frustrated, practice, practice, & patience, pays off! Safety First! Ken.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We sympathize that you missed the moment, but a fall into the pit, a gain in your wit.
Thanks for your sharing.
2017-9-4
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2017-9-2 18:48
Russ_Sylvia_jr, PRACTICE my friend is the key! Tomorrow fly it again, in the AM and in the PM. Then fly it again, and again untill you get it right! Don't get frustrated, practice, practice, & patience, pays off! Safety First! Ken.

I just forgot about the no fly zone that next to the dealership.  This was added to the map this year, and i do not always update the FW unless i need to (i do not like to update unless the device is have problems, i do this for all things, just and old habit).

based on time and location, and event i will not be able to do this shoot again for a few weeks.  normally dun the week i get there a little to late. and this weekend we have a big car show plain so the lot will be empty at that time.

This was me just play around, i plan to do this again in a month or 2 when it darker later. so i can get a nice sun come up shot.

2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules