Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3 4K firmware
4247 27 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Epicdoom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

anyone know if the firmware for the P3 4K is any good I got an update message yesterday to upgrade to 1.6.50
2017-9-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Take a look around.  If what you have is working fine, decide on rolling the dice.
2017-9-2
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
United States

yeah so far what I have is working great. I cant find any info in that version so I'm guessing its stable just not willing to chance it with jobs coming up. maybe Ill do it over the winter when I have time to roll it back if it stinks.
2017-9-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-2 13:39
yeah so far what I have is working great. I cant find any info in that version so I'm guessing its stable just not willing to chance it with jobs coming up. maybe Ill do it over the winter when I have time to roll it back if it stinks.

Updates do not usually add any great new features or stuff worrth having. If you aircraft operates fine on existing firmware, then disable all updates and enjoy it.
2017-9-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah, put your device in Airplane mode, and enjoy it, to the fullest...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-2
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-2 16:35
Yeah, put your device in Airplane mode, and enjoy it, to the fullest...

that's the plan atleast for now
2017-9-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-2 16:43
that's the plan atleast for now

If you're satisfied with performance and video quality, nothing else matters... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-2
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
United States

I got the Bird from a guy who installed the quick connect prop guards in it. I test flew the bird two flights later I landed and just happened to touch one of the motors it was quite hot shot it with my raytec heat gun 175*F I flipped it over and noticed several screws not seated fully into the prop guard mounts, but they were all tight. While looking for temp range of the motors I found an article about excessive screw length damaging motors. I just replace all 4 motors to be safe. flew a test flight motors only slightly warm now @ 78* F after that test I flew 2 more batteries and started seeing the firmware update message. I love the Bird and I have the P3S also so the 4K was a good upgrade for me. I'm still considering on P3P or just biting the bullet and getting the Inspire. Chief financial advisor (Wife) says the 4K is good enough lol I rarely listen to that Babble though. I am completely happy with the 4K though just wish it had Lightbridge. I'm running the Galaxy tab S3 and it works great I may get one lag spike in like 10 flights for a second or two. Thanks for the Info Brother
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It is not a mandatory update. You can make the decision according to your current situation.
2017-9-4
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
United States

I'm not sure how it happened as I didn't initiate an upgrade of the firmware but somehow my firmware changed from 1.5.40 to 1.6.50 there is a process to update and I at no time did that. I figured go ahead and see what it does put the AC in the air and Instantly had massive Lag and disconnection issues. which I've never had before ever. I was only out 600ft and 250Ft up and flying in the same area I always fly. put it away for the evening and retried today same issues so I drove to a cemetery I fly over that's 5000ft X 4000ft in size with no wifi or power lines same problem. I now need to downgrade back to 1.5.4 only thing Ive foung on doing that on the P34K is that it cant be done anyone know for sure?
2017-9-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Now, that is weird. you're saying it did it on it's own?
2017-9-5
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
United States

yep I was scratching my head wondering how on earth it could happen I did update my nephews P3S the day before to 1.9.20 I did my standard over a month ago but didn't want to do anything to the P3 4K until I get done with some work I'm doing whats even crazier is I never log into my home wifi on my Tablet so there is no way I could have downloaded the firmware for the install I do all that stuff on my phone so I don't clutter up my Tablet its dedicated to flight only
2017-9-5
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-4 23:49
It is not a mandatory update. You can make the decision according to your current situation.

How do we get rid of the message?
2017-12-25
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
Second Officer
Canada

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-5 16:36
yep I was scratching my head wondering how on earth it could happen I did update my nephews P3S the day before to 1.9.20 I did my standard over a month ago but didn't want to do anything to the P3 4K until I get done with some work I'm doing whats even crazier is I never log into my home wifi on my Tablet so there is no way I could have downloaded the firmware for the install I do all that stuff on my phone so I don't clutter up my Tablet its dedicated to flight only

Mine is being a pain in the a** ever since it started requesting that I take this update.
Loved mine, but starting to wonder who owns this thing, me or DJI.
Any update on your situation.
2017-12-25
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
Second Officer
Canada

I use my phone sometimes and my tablet other times.
This morning I open up the DJI app and it starts unzipping a file.
I shut it down. Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh Mayhem is angry and turning green.
WTF
2017-12-25
Use props
AMARdji2017
lvl.1
Spain

To mine a big 3 4k, got a virus the month of November and is in the workshop, repairing, so the gimbal and the camera I fixed it for 24 euros, plus the risk of charging me the camera and the rest; and the body, is in intensive care waiting for the date of operation, the day that the components arrive from China, that's very cheap, then you have to know how to mount them, which I feel sorry for, jajajaajaj, so yesterday I did not break it more, jajajaaj, now I see that the problem I had adds the theme of the famous new update that he asked me while he was getting ready, testing the repair, so he stayed connected while and the virus doing his in the download ?? or it disabled the card, the mobile left it that the new application is not compatible, the previous one if it was compatible, it had worked two minutes ago, so after being all night trying, I found that it was a defect of the new update that It came out with many faults according to where and how, so more than one is going to break the drone to see that it works weird, mine did that, it stopped at 7 meters released the propellers up and the drone plummeted, the camera continues live but the gimbal and new cable, the body waste a condenser loose two micro capacitors of impossible measures to locate in the market, so new plate that with the engines came out with customs and transport for 200 euros, total is a hobby, something expensive, so workshop and workmanship I'm not counting, it would be impossible, hahahaha, and now I see that the update that I have to put on the card to work, no problems, that's why it still lacks screws and components of i nstalar in the body, buy two new 24 euros in case and the battery case, another 14 each, so more expensive than the body come out, ahahaha and it turns out that it is only the program that out of control the machine, ah, the average battery endured the blow, a strange wire comes out, but still charges and seems to work, that does go very badly to the drone, to see if it returns to fly.

THANK YOU
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-12-25 05:40
How do we get rid of the message?

You can put the mobile device in airplane mode, the message will not bother you any more. Regarding the APP issue, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current version? Could you post a short video for better assistance?
2017-12-25
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
Second Officer
Canada

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-12-25 05:58
I use my phone sometimes and my tablet other times.
This morning I open up the DJI app and it starts unzipping a file.
I shut it down. Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh Mayhem is angry and turning green.

Told yaMayhem turning green

2017-12-27
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-25 23:26
You can put the mobile device in airplane mode, the message will not bother you any more. Regarding the APP issue, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current version? Could you post a short video for better assistance?

I use a Samsung Galaxy S6 cell phone sometimes, but mostly use a Nexus 7 tablet.
Both have worked really well up until recently.

Won't airplane mode block me from the P3 4k network?
2017-12-27
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
United States

I just ignore the update I tried putting both my phone and tablet in Airplane more but they both still warn me I need to update. Ive just learned to ignore it
2017-12-27
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-2 18:30
I got the Bird from a guy who installed the quick connect prop guards in it. I test flew the bird two flights later I landed and just happened to touch one of the motors it was quite hot shot it with my raytec heat gun 175*F I flipped it over and noticed several screws not seated fully into the prop guard mounts, but they were all tight. While looking for temp range of the motors I found an article about excessive screw length damaging motors. I just replace all 4 motors to be safe. flew a test flight motors only slightly warm now @ 78* F after that test I flew 2 more batteries and started seeing the firmware update message. I love the Bird and I have the P3S also so the 4K was a good upgrade for me. I'm still considering on P3P or just biting the bullet and getting the Inspire. Chief financial advisor (Wife) says the 4K is good enough lol I rarely listen to that Babble though. I am completely happy with the 4K though just wish it had Lightbridge. I'm running the Galaxy tab S3 and it works great I may get one lag spike in like 10 flights for a second or two. Thanks for the Info Brother

Epic.....Im with you on the P-3 SE too.....ive owned mine for several months and I love that drone....I'm very happy with mine too....I'm running a SAMSUNG  Tab A and same as you i get a lag spike ever 10 to 15 flights !      ))))))))))Drone On--------()>
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-12-27 08:51
I use a Samsung Galaxy S6 cell phone sometimes, but mostly use a Nexus 7 tablet.
Both have worked really well up until recently.
[view_image]

After putting the mobile device in airplane mode, you can still enable the WiFi to connect the P3 4K.
2017-12-27
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-27 23:21
After putting the mobile device in airplane mode, you can still enable the WiFi to connect the P3 4K.

Thanks DJI Susan,

I was able to fly all three batteries last inside a gym.
My power button must be failing or dirty.
I'll open and clean one day, I'm just so happy to be flying again
2017-12-30
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
United States

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-12-30 05:16
Thanks DJI Susan,

the best product I've found for dirty switch contacts is a Product called Electromotive it evaporates out like alcohol does so just spray work the switch and go. I use it on the Job Quite a bit for electric switch sets, Motors and contactor systems. most times you don't have to disassemble the switch as the product is very thin and will work in through even the smallest  cracks or openings  
2017-12-30
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
Second Officer
Canada

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-12-30 07:20
the best product I've found for dirty switch contacts is a Product called Electromotive it evaporates out like alcohol does so just spray work the switch and go. I use it on the Job Quite a bit for electric switch sets, Motors and contactor systems. most times you don't have to disassemble the switch as the product is very thin and will work in through even the smallest  cracks or openings

Thanks
I appreciate this, I will look it up.
Wasn't looking forward to taking the control apart, did it once and didn't enjoy it.
Happy New Year Epicdoom, love your handle, reminds me of Mayhem Smiley hehehe
2017-12-30
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
United States

Happy new year Brother.  I was given the Name Epicdoom in the Marine Corp. for long range shooting. what part of Canada you in been a long time since I've been up that way I used to come up and hunt bears in Saskatchewan at Timberlost up near big river. I miss hunting up there had some great times
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-12-30 05:16
Thanks DJI Susan,

Nice to hear this. Happy New Year!
2018-1-1
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
Second Officer
Canada

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-12-30 17:38
Happy new year Brother.  I was given the Name Epicdoom in the Marine Corp. for long range shooting. what part of Canada you in been a long time since I've been up that way I used to come up and hunt bears in Saskatchewan at Timberlost up near big river. I miss hunting up there had some great times

Re reading an old post and I never answered you.
Sorry about that.
From Montreal Quebec Canada an amazingly beautiful province with complex politics like most places just different topics.
Laws changed drastically here in Canada.
Over 1Kg fly only
9Km outside of airport
Not within 75 meters of humans, buildings, animals etc.
Sheez

2018-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules