DJI HDMI cable Issues
1705 9 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timberwilde
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone experienced any connection or "noise" issues when using the supplied HMDI cable with the Goggles and video from another source (in my case a MacBook Pro)? I am getting lots of lines and eventually it disconnects. I have noticed that if I wiggle or gently flex the cable as it exits the goggles it sometimes improves the image by eliminating the lines. Additionally is there an aftermarket cable that someone could recommend? I am thinking mine may be bad.Thanks and I look forward to any response.

2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dont have much if any experiance with DJi goggles, however if you getting intermittent signal issues while wiggling HDMI cable around could be a bad cable or a bad port.    good news is since HDMi is digitial you should be able to use one of the dime a dozen HDMi cables to test if its the cable or not..use hdmi cables from whatever, playstation/xbox/cableset top box/etc etc.. i use monoprice HDMi cables for my LG AMOLED 4K TV and it was like $10 for the cable length i got and works perfectly for full 4K content with HDR and no weird issues...   if trying a few cables out fails you it maybe a bad port in the goggles..
2017-9-2
Use props
timberwilde
lvl.2
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 17:57
i dont have much if any experiance with DJi goggles, however if you getting intermittent signal issues while wiggling HDMI cable around could be a bad cable or a bad port.    good news is since HDMi is digitial you should be able to use one of the dime a dozen HDMi cables to test if its the cable or not..use hdmi cables from whatever, playstation/xbox/cableset top box/etc etc.. i use monoprice HDMi cables for my LG AMOLED 4K TV and it was like $10 for the cable length i got and works perfectly for full 4K content with HDR and no weird issues...   if trying a few cables out fails you it maybe a bad port in the goggles..

Great. Thank you for the feedback. I will try another cable from Amazon.com. I hope it is just the cable.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the reply above. Please try to change other cables to confirm if it is the cable's problem or HDMI port's issue. As you mentioned if you wiggle or gently flex the cable you will get it better, I personally think it would be the cable that needs to be changed. Send the Goggles back if it is Goggles HDMI port issue. Appreciate your kindness.
2017-9-2
Use props
timberwilde
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-2 20:04
Thanks for the reply above. Please try to change other cables to confirm if it is the cable's problem or HDMI port's issue. As you mentioned if you wiggle or gently flex the cable you will get it better, I personally think it would be the cable that needs to be changed. Send the Goggles back if it is Goggles HDMI port issue. Appreciate your kindness.

Thanks Thor. I will if the port appears to be the culprit.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

timberwilde Posted at 2017-9-3 07:13
Thanks Thor. I will if the port appears to be the culprit.

Looking forward to your feedback.
2017-9-5
Use props
timberwilde
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-5 00:57
Looking forward to your feedback.

DJI Thor:
I have tried another HDMI cable and I am not getting any signal with this one either. My laptop recognizes the goggles as an external monitor but the goggles show the HDMI connection and disconnected. Please advise me as to what I should do at this point. My goggles are less than 30 days old.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

timberwilde Posted at 2017-9-14 17:56
DJI Thor:
I have tried another HDMI cable and I am not getting any signal with this one either. My laptop recognizes the goggles as an external monitor but the goggles show the HDMI connection and disconnected. Please advise me as to what I should do at this point. My goggles are less than 30 days old.

Just to verify, had you choose "HDMI Input" on goggles? Could you please provide me the screenshot or the picture on the goggles so I can check more? And please check if the driver is installed successfully. The laptop could recognize it, so I would think it might also be the driver's issue.
2017-9-14
Use props
timberwilde
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-14 22:26
Just to verify, had you choose "HDMI Input" on goggles? Could you please provide me the screenshot or the picture on the goggles so I can check more? And please check if the driver is installed successfully. The laptop could recognize it, so I would think it might also be the driver's issue.

Thor:
I am thinking now that my issue may be related to the lightning port or the connection on my MacBook Pro rather than the micro HDMI cable and/or the port on the goggles. I will do more testing this weekend but I certainly appreciate your support. thank you.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

timberwilde Posted at 2017-9-15 19:20
Thor:
I am thinking now that my issue may be related to the lightning port or the connection on my MacBook Pro rather than the micro HDMI cable and/or the port on the goggles. I will do more testing this weekend but I certainly appreciate your support. thank you.

You are welcome, I would be so happy if I could offer a help. If you have another PC I would also recommend trying that. Hope you can finally get it worked.
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules