Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tablet screen resolution
587 6 2017-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I was flying out about 1 km from the seaside trying to take some picture of a buoy. It is red and can be seen by naked eyes from distance away. I flew I1 towards the direction and had a hard time to locate it. When I came home and put the video on my 55" 4k tv, I could see it couple of times. My theory is that the screen resolution or the video transmission link is feeding a very low resolution to the tablet. Which one is true and how to improve the resolution on screen. It is imperative that a clear vision provide a lot of navigation hinds especially manoeuvre around tight space among trees and power poles.
2017-9-2
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

It can be very deceiving when flying at that sort of distance, you think you have easily gone far enough when you are actually only little more than half way. As for manoeuvring around tight space, you are playing a dangerous game when in VLOS, forget about attempting this in FPV at that sort of range. Even if you have the highest resolution available, a fraction of a second of lag could spell the demise of your drone.
You can adjust the transmission quality in your setting but I strongly believe this is not your problem here. Find out where this bouy is and how far away it is from your take-off point (using Admiralty charts or similar)  and navigate your way there, you will find it.
If you're hoping to get your bird back after the mission, never fly out with the wind behind you, it will be against you on the way back!

Good luck and (try to) fly safe.

Mark G.
2017-9-3
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

I may be exaggerating a bit. What my point was that I am flying over some trees. On screen, I am not confident that I have exact clearance. But on my 4K tv screen, I am sure I have cleared and much more. I would love to have that level of confidence added to my flight experience. Though I fully understand the importance/obligation for VLOS.
2017-9-3
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

DTK Posted at 2017-9-3 20:53
I may be exaggerating a bit. What my point was that I am flying over some trees. On screen, I am not confident that I have exact clearance. But on my 4K tv screen, I am sure I have cleared and much more. I would love to have that level of confidence added to my flight experience. Though I fully understand the importance/obligation for VLOS.

I can sympathise with you here. I thought my eyes were getting worse . Using a iPad Mini 4 I find I often miss details / items in the image and when I get home and view it in the 24" monitor suddenly there is a small boat , or a bike or animal something that I had no idea was in the picture when looking at the iPad.
I also use a 9.7 Pro on my Inspire for still photography and find that the quality of the image on the screen is very soft even grainy in still photo mode where's in Video mode the live feed is much sharper and clearer. I can see things in video mode that I cannot make out in photo mode.
2017-9-4
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

I am using ASUS zenpad 10" tablet and its screen resolution can go up to 2K. So I can only deduce that it is the video feed not sending high resolution to the screen. I have checked again for the highest resolution, the range is about 700m. So I may try all different feed resolution and select the best one for the job.
2017-9-4
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Just to report back my experience after pushing the the image transmission code rate slide to the max. On screen resolution has improved ie it is now much easier to identify objective. The transmission range does not seem to be restricted so much. I still have good transmission over 1 km away. Good news, I can now pin point the buoy that I have been looking for. By the way, is there any way to record the GPS location for future reference. Any apps that you can set the mission by GPS coordinates?
2017-9-8
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DTK Posted at 2017-9-8 22:32
Just to report back my experience after pushing the the image transmission code rate slide to the max. On screen resolution has improved ie it is now much easier to identify objective. The transmission range does not seem to be restricted so much. I still have good transmission over 1 km away. Good news, I can now pin point the buoy that I have been looking for. By the way, is there any way to record the GPS location for future reference. Any apps that you can set the mission by GPS coordinates?

I believe the onscreen GPS option (Show Captions) can be found in the camera settings.

MarkG.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules