My P4 just dropped out of sky & into river...???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimmyBob80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223012 ft
Australia

Can someone help me pls?! Or has anyone else had this happen to them?!

My P4 just dropped out of the sky midflight & landed in the river..?

This is BS!

It's 2 wks old, hasn't had 1 crash, batteries were fully charged etc...

So what now...?

2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

few routes to go about things.. i suggest recover the drone and upload the logs here and to the staff here... a moderator will be able to help you better..   if it was no fault of your own i believe dji will replace it.  but quality of services i cannot guarantee
2017-9-2
Use props
JimmyBob80
lvl.1
Australia

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 19:03
few routes to go about things.. i suggest recover the drone and upload the logs here and to the staff here... a moderator will be able to help you better..   if it was no fault of your own i believe dji will replace it.  but quality of services i cannot guarantee

Unfortunately I can't recover the drone as it's on the bottom of a busy river, which is also extremely deep..?
2017-9-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

JimmyBob80 Posted at 2017-9-2 19:10
Unfortunately I can't recover the drone as it's on the bottom of a busy river, which is also extremely deep..?

does shouting  in text make you feel better though?  

besides how would i have known its busy and/or deep, some rivers are fairly shallow and not very busy or have hours of operations if used for transport.
2017-9-2
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JimmyBob80 Posted at 2017-9-2 19:10

Upload the flight record (.txt file) from your device at the link below and someone will be able to help you.
If you don't know how to retrieve the record (depends if iOS or Android) google it.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-9-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to read about another lost Phantom. Hopefully the flight LOG can help explain the cause.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-2
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2017-9-2 20:52
Upload the flight record (.txt file) from your device at the link below and someone will be able to help you.
If you don't know how to retrieve the record (depends if iOS or Android) google it.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

The instructions are written on the page you linked to, no need to google it ;)

DJI support is the place to get it sorted, or if it wasn't your fault then maybe take it back to the retailer it came from if it is only 2 weeks old.

Shouting is definitely not a good idea, either at us or at DJI support!
New aircraft do occasionally fall out of the sky, but it is normally in their first 3 flights, not after flying 47Km.  We have seen very few incidents recently.

If you upload the logs to phantomhelp as suggested then someone here will work out what probably happened so you know how DJI support should deal with it.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Really sorry to hear about your loss, Jimmy. Had you reported your case to our support team and start a data analysis? Please send an email to support@dji.com and manage an analysis. Will do our best to help this out.
2017-9-3
Use props
JimmyBob80
lvl.1
Australia

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-2 20:05
does shouting  in text make you feel better though?  

Who's shouting mate..???

THIS IS F#%KEN SHOUTING!!

I was simply informing you that the river was busy, deep & that it would be unretrievable!

Anyway thank you, appreciate all the help you have given.
2017-9-3
Use props
JimmyBob80
lvl.1
Australia

Ok thank you everyone for your help, my apologies if seemed like I came across shouting (I think it may have been the font I used that gave it that perception) whilst I'm frustrated I wasn't actually shouting. But I've learnt to  keep my font standard now as well...lol
2017-9-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JimmyBob80 Posted at 2017-9-3 09:28
Ok thank you everyone for your help, my apologies if seemed like I came across shouting (I think it may have been the font I used that gave it that perception) whilst I'm frustrated I wasn't actually shouting. But I've learnt to  keep my font standard now as well...lol

See if you can upload the flight data as suggested in post number 5. This data is held on the display device and might give an idea of what went wrong.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please tell us your case number once you got it, and we will keep follow up for you.
2017-9-4
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

no worries pal... they can see and evaluate it...as long as its machine fault...u will get your replacement real soon~ CHeerios buddy...

2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules