Would be great for any advice about the unit and software use
2017-9-3
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Welcome!

Go through this valuable DJI documentation and start off in Beginner Mode, and mind those trees and power lines and angry birds and water (rivers, lakes, oceans):
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

BTW, there are also plenty of interesting and helpful video clips regarding the use of the Mavic on YouTube.
2017-9-3
Use props
Anthony Sparky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50305 ft
Australia

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-3 01:26
Welcome!

Go through this valuable DJI documentation and start off in Beginner Mode, and mind those trees and power lines and angry birds and water (rivers, lakes, oceans):

Thank You Marsan
2017-9-3
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

Best advice I can give you is, always fly with the concius of what could happen if... use your brain and every flight will be fantastic and safe
;)
2017-9-3
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I'm fairly new to flying drones/Mavic Pro and have been reading loads of stuff and watching videos.

Only thing i have had a problem(s) with are:
My RC not connecting to the AC using 2 different Android phones Nexus 6 f/w 7.1.1 and Pixel XL f/w 8.0 both stock
Seems my wifes iPhone 6S+ f/w newest is the only phone that will.
That's about all i can offer help with. Just read and watch videos  
2017-9-3
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

^^^ iphone seems to be about the best SP to use with the Mavic.
2017-9-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

whenever i teaching someone to fly for first time the phrase i tell them is; "Slow and Low"  always want to start out slow and low learn how the aircraft operates  and its boundaries and blind spots. do that until you feel 100% comfortable with controls then enjoy to the fullest!
2017-9-3
Use props
Mavic Marauder
lvl.1
United States

Best Advice I can give bro is YouTube.  Make sure you have insurance as well.  Its cool to fly in residential areas but thats where you will run into trouble if you are just starting out.  Find an open area and get your flight time in.  Cant stress the use of YouTube it came in and still does come in handy for me.  And  welcome to #dronelife
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Welcome to the world of the new angle. For my advice, I hope you can read the user's manual before you actually fly it. And we also have many tutorials for you to learn, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX.
Hope you enjoy it, and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-9-4
Use props
Anthony Sparky
lvl.2
Australia

Thank you Thor
2017-9-4
Use props
Anthony Sparky
lvl.2
Australia

Thank you Guys
Yes I have been watching a lot of youtube videos and yes I have been flying low and slow .
My first little crash so far has been went close to my kitchen window trying to take a picture of my wife and kids thru the window hit the wrong button drone went sideways hitting the other glass window .
No broken windows just the clear dome cover that protect the camera on the drone has a crack.
Had a bit of a laugh , wife and kids got scared .
2017-9-4
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Welcome bud all I would say is watch the videos dji put out
and start small the increase slowly keep away from people
water trees ect  the mavic is great to fly enjoy it
2017-9-4
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear Anthony Sparky,

Read the manual...many times.
Fly safe and conscious.
It is important to know your local laws.
Feel free to ask your doubts! We are here to help.
Cheers.
2017-9-4
Use props
djiuser_m2uWK7X
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72497 ft
Malaysia

Hi All,

I also a newbie on drone, just get my Mavic Pro yesterday.
Some question here ...

1. Do I need to register my Mavic Pro to be travel around in other country like Japan, Thailand, Indonesia and etc? is there any issue on the air port custom?
2. Do I need to separate the battery from the drone before going to airplane?
3. Can I pilot Drone at night?
By the way I staying at Malaysia.
2017-9-6
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

I endorse comments above. Never flown any RTC aircraft until I bought a Mavic Pro. I started by practicing simple manoeuvres and manual landing manually. Keep it simple as you gain confidence with controls. Get a good landing mat/target for Return To Home (RTH) to aim for. RTH is a wonderful safe guard for beginners.
Each country has own regs for flying drones. Google search country you intend to visit. When can I fly?  In Australia sunrise to sunset only.
Enjoy your machine and fly safe.,
Rob
2017-9-7
Use props
Anthony Sparky
lvl.2
Australia

Hey guys
I have a dumb question ?
Why is it when I switch to wifi mode and my app is saying I'm unable to fly / take off
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules