7945 58 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrew Chen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52428 ft
Taiwan

Hi everyone
My spark is a little bit weird when taking off. After taking off I tried to pull up but it doesn't go up instead of droping down nearly to the ground.
Sometime it even hit the ground
I was at outdoor and it has 10 GPSs
Using iPhone SE, APP version 4.1.9
Spark FW 01.00.0600, Controller 01.00.0400
Sometimes it just happened not everytime, already happened 2-3 times since I got it.
Does anyone have the same issue?

Video: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzAwNDQ2OTI4NA
log data links(taking off on 2017/9/2 13:48)
link1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvtj99iv5ibcz82/spark_logs.zip?dl=0
link2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... mM/view?usp=sharing

2017-9-3
Use props
JasonMY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182562 ft
Malaysia

You might want to see the link below.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-111584-1-1.html
2017-9-3
Use props
Andrew Chen
lvl.1
Taiwan

JasonMY Posted at 2017-9-3 07:55
You might want to see the link below.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-111584-1-1.html

Thank you very much. seems like i'm not alone lol
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Andrew Chen Posted at 2017-9-3 09:32
Thank you very much. seems like i'm not alone lol

Please wait patiently and our support will reply you about the reason of this situation. Thanks.
2017-9-3
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-3 23:22
Please wait patiently and our support will reply you about the reason of this situation. Thanks.

Hi Elektra,just to add that all the factory reset does not solve this.and I notice that DJI go 4 automatically change the aircraft to Phantom 4 when connect with remote (through wifi).
I am sure it is the battery issue because when I change another battery,it is normal.
Expect the "soon" reply as you said.
Thanks
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-9-3 23:47
Hi Elektra,just to add that all the factory reset does not solve this.and I notice that DJI go 4 automatically change the aircraft to Phantom 4 when connect with remote (through wifi).
I am sure it is the battery issue because when I change another battery,it is normal.
Expect the "soon" reply as you said.

Please check if the version is the latest one. If not, please update your version first.
1.Can you provide me the current app version and your mobile device?  
2.Did DJI GO 4 show spark when your drone connect with the RC? Thanks.
2017-9-4
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-4 00:40
Please check if the version is the latest one. If not, please update your version first.
1.Can you provide me the current app version and your mobile device?  
2.Did DJI GO 4 show spark when your drone connect with the RC? Thanks.

Yes, my current one is 4.1.5.3 and the mobile is Nexus 6.
It did show Spark, then suddenly jump to Phantom 4, then disconnect the link between remote and Spark. I changed another battery, they link again and everything is normal.
Thanks
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-9-4 01:02
Yes, my current one is 4.1.5.3 and the mobile is Nexus 6.
It did show Spark, then suddenly jump to Phantom 4, then disconnect the link between remote and Spark. I changed another battery, they link again and everything is normal.
Thanks

I would transfer the information to our engineers for check, please keep us updated. Thanks.
2017-9-4
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

Hello Spark fans,

I'am a owner from Kerala, India.  I also had twice the SPARK dropping straight from the sky on to a tree !!  Luckily I had the right lengthy stick to pull it out :) ... Definitely there is a software issue.
What I observed is when I reinstall the Software again with the latest updates , things become very normal again and it flies smoothly.  But then after a battery recharge, it doesn't fly as it should with big hesitations on take off and I  saw the drone drfiting away from me on its own !! I am was unable to control using the Remote controller.  All the software updates are as per DJI instructions and the latest.  
2017-9-5
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
India

Hello Spark fans,

I'am a owner from Kerala, India.  I also had twice the SPARK dropping straight from the sky on to a tree !!  Luckily I had the right lengthy stick to pull it out :) ... Defnitley there is an software issue.
What I observed is when I reinstall the Software again with the latest updates , things become very normal again and it flies smoothly.  But then after a recharge, it doesn't fly as it should with big hesitations on take off and I  saw the drone drfiting away from me on its own !! I am was unable to control using the Remote controller.  All the software updates are as per DJI instructions and the latest.
I use a Samsung Note 5 ( Android version).  Never had a problem in linking RC to SPARK or with earlier firmware versions .  My SPARK is just 3 months old !!
2017-9-5
Use props
Olivare
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91339 ft
Gibraltar

Happend to me yesterday, i have flown there many times no problem.

Everything is uptodate and i,m using iphone se with RC.

Support answered anyone yet?
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

sibu Posted at 2017-9-5 06:02
Hello Spark fans,

I'am a owner from Kerala, India.  I also had twice the SPARK dropping straight from the sky on to a tree !!  Luckily I had the right lengthy stick to pull it out :) ... Defnitley there is an software issue.

Sibu, sorry for the trouble it causes. Did your spark still here with you? As you said, the spark drifted away on its own. If you didn't lose your drone, please export the flight data for us to check. If you lost your drone, please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-7
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-4 01:14
I would transfer the information to our engineers for check, please keep us updated. Thanks.

Hi Elektra,
I would like to update that I am surely 100% that it was battery issue. I only have problem with that battery, other batteries are fine.
Recently, I tried discharging the faulty battery completely ~5%, then recharge fully. The battery become normal since then.
2017-9-7
Use props
Andrew Chen
lvl.1
Taiwan

Olivare Posted at 2017-9-5 14:50
https://youtu.be/SJWuUsqfcfw
Happend to me yesterday, i have flown there many times no problem.

Yes they replied me. They said its accelerometer causing the problem and suggested me to change propellers.
I did change them and problem still exits lol
2017-9-10
Use props
Olivare
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91339 ft
Gibraltar

Andrew Chen Posted at 2017-9-10 10:53
Yes they replied me. They said its accelerometer causing the problem and suggested me to change propellers.

lol great reply there from them, clearly a software issue....
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Andrew Chen Posted at 2017-9-10 10:53

Andrew, please provide me the case or the ticket number and I would reflect the situation for you. Thanks.
2017-9-12
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24856 ft
Indonesia

Hi,

I'm a Spark Operator.

I experience the same issue that the Spark drifts suddenly during take off and is uncontrollabled even at height 1.2 meter from ground.
It has been happening two times and the latest one on September 2, 2017 was very fatal.

It was taking off at 1.2 meter and all Satellite signals full. Then it drifted immediately to the shore.
It went off to the sea and I took it with some sea water and sea salt inside but the lights were still lit. The battery up until now is still ok.

In a short word, now I'm in contact with DJI and they ask to send the drone to HK. But I still insist that this is a design flaw and has nothing to do with operator fault.
Now after reading this forum, I'm pretty sure that it is not just me facing the same issue.

I do have a Mavic Pro in sealed and I'm not confident to fly it until my Spark has been resolved.

I'm writing this to the forum as to share the same issue and detail about this, please see below timeline:

1. 10 July 2017 - I bought this brand new DJI Spark

2. 14 July 2017 - I received and Registered this DJI Spark online

3. 15 July 2017 - First flight with IPhone 7 only (without DJI Spark RC)

4. 15 July 2017 :
- at around 8 am, I flew this drone with Beginner's mode ON and flew at height 10 meter from ground.
- Suddenly, the DJI Spark shown Landing position.
- The Battery level was still above 50% !!
- I tried to CANCEL this via the selector in DJI Go4 app but CANNOT!!!.
- Then this DJI Spark landed on a telephone cable!! At height of about 5 meter!
- As it landed on a telephone cable, it fell down to the ground!
- This crash caused the battery separated from the DJI Spark it self.
- I checked physically, there was no crack and I was still be able to fly it.
- The only issue, after the crash, to turn on and off the Battery, it is very difficult. Meaning to say, I have to sometime press the battery button quite hard in order to power on or power off.

5. 16 July 2017 :
- Activated Gesture Mode and DJI Spark went error then hit the wall and fell down from 3 meter height.
- I checked the DJI Drone, there were hairline cracks in three arms of the DJI Spark.
- To avoid the cracks become bigger, I put a Loctite glue.
- Until now, I don't know what caused the error.

6. 19 July 2017 - I ordered the DJI Spark Remote Control (RC) from DJI online store directly just to prove that perhaps there is an issue with IPhone 7 Wi-Fi.

7. 23 July 2017 - August 2017 - I flew many time the DJI Spark ALWAYS with the RC.

8. 23 August 2017 - I updated the DJI Spark update, as at that time, I was asked online by DJI GO4 app to download the update.

9. 25 August 2017 :
- I flew this DJI Spark
- and right after taking off at height of 1.2 meter, the DJI Spark drifted/ fly away
- it then hit the road CURB !!
- I don't know what caused this.as at that time, the GPS signal was FULL!!! And DJI GO4 said that this DJI Spark is ready to take off !!!
- I looked at the Flight Record in DJI GO4, it is clearly said suddenly: "SATELLITE POSITIONING OFF" (see file: "25 Aug 2017 - Satellite Lost.JPG")

"25 Aug 2017 - Satellite Lost.JPG"

"25 Aug 2017 - Satellite Lost.JPG"

- After this day, I didn't fly the DJI Spark

10. 2 September 2017 :
- at around 10 am, I flew this DJI Spark. It went smooth
- at around 6 pm, I flew this DJI Spark and the incident that happened on 25 August 2017 occured again. The DJI Spark was drifted right after taking off at height 1.2 meter.
- Unfortunately, it went to the sea shore.
- But before, it hit a chair but still be able to keep drifting to the sea.
- Tried to catch it but no-luck
- after taking out from sea water, I directly disconnected the battery.
- the DJI Spark LED lamps were still lit even though in the sea water.
- After battery disconnection, I submerged the DJI Spark into a bucket of Distilled water in order to avoid corrosion inside.
- I checked physically, the two LED covers located at Front Left and Rear Left were broken

11. 4 September 2017 - I used compressed air to clean the DJI Spark from sea salt.

12. 5 September 2017 :
- Tried to power ON and found everything was okay except: 2.NO ESC Error and 3.NO ESC Error (see file: "ESC Errors.JPG")

- Tried to calibrate EMU but the errors still there.
- Vision system and Camera were without any error
- I looked at the Flight Record in DJI GO4, it is clearly said suddenly: "SATELLITE POSITIONING OFF" (see file: "2 Sep 2017 - Satellite Lost.JPG")

13. 10 September 2017 :
- Tried to power ON and still found the 2.NO ESC Error and 3.NO ESC Error
- Now with Vision system error and Camera error (see file: "Overall Error.JPG")

Summary:
1. this DJI Spart has an issue in sudden Satellite lost.
2. when this Satellite lost occurs, even using RC pause button, it does not stop the DJI Spark keep drifting uncontrolled!!

"ESC Errors.JPG"

"ESC Errors.JPG"

"2 Sep 2017 - Satellite Lost.JPG"

"2 Sep 2017 - Satellite Lost.JPG"

"Overall Error.JPG"

"Overall Error.JPG"
2017-9-12
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
Kuwait

Just reinstall the latest  software for the SPARK using the DJI assistant 2 software... Don't upgrade through Wifi.
Also upgrade the remote controller .  Then recalibrate your IMU and compass....This should solve your problem completely....

2017-9-12
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
Kuwait

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-7 01:01
Sibu, sorry for the trouble it causes. Did your spark still here with you? As you said, the spark drifted away on its own. If you didn't lose your drone, please export the flight data for us to check. If you lost your drone, please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

Hi Elektra,

I have finally solved the mystery of the SPARK drifting away during take off ...
I reinstalled the software using the DJI assistant 2 and then reinstalled the Remote controller software accordingly... I have two batteries bought from two different countries.  Also the remote controller is from another country...)
The SPARK is now perfectly working fine....No more issues of drifting or linking with RC or calibration problems...completed 5 KM of distance at SPORTS mode.!!

My flight location is covered with thick forest trees and therefore maximum flight distance is approx. 200 meters.  Height can go beyond 300 meters....
I always loose my SPARK after covering 200 meters distance and even no video but then the  SPARK eventually returns home.  Guys , the key here is do not touch any button on the RC or your phone screen( DJIGO4 ) while the SPARK decides to head home.....
these are some tricks  which I am sharing here....))
2017-9-12
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Wow .. sounds like a defective spark .. contact DJI Support
2017-9-12
Use props
Andrew Chen
lvl.1
Taiwan

Olivare Posted at 2017-9-11 23:57
lol great reply there from them, clearly a software issue....

How come it's software problem? accelerometer sounds like a hardware issue. Sorry maybe I don't know drones very well could u tell me what a accelerometer does for?
2017-9-12
Use props
Andrew Chen
lvl.1
Taiwan

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-12 00:23
Andrew, please provide me the case or the ticket number and I would reflect the situation for you. Thanks.

Hi Elektra,

My case number is CAS-955857-F7V8F4.
Do u think it needs to analyze the log again?(the logs from the second try)
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Andrew Chen Posted at 2017-9-12 11:00
Hi Elektra,

My case number is CAS-955857-F7V8F4.

Sorry for the unexpected experience. Since your problem still exists, we would recommend you send it back for better check.
Thanks for your patience and support. Any question, please feel free to talk to us.  
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for the unpleasant experience. Please provide us your flight record by connecting your phone with DJI assistant 2. We can help you analyze your record and locate the problem. Thanks for your support.

2017-9-12
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

sibu Posted at 2017-9-12 04:43
Just reinstall the latest  software for the SPARK using the DJI assistant 2 software... Don't upgrade through Wifi.
Also upgrade the remote controller .  Then recalibrate your IMU and compass....This should solve your problem completely....

Hi did all the upgrades that you have mentioned.
But it happened after the upgrades.

I'm sure this is a design flaw.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

van der Djiang Posted at 2017-9-13 06:31

Please provide us your flight data first so we can locate the problems. You can upload to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks.
2017-9-14
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

To help crowdsource troubleshoot your problem, can you upload the flight log from your fatal flight to the site below and provide us with the link?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-9-14
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
Kuwait

Did you successfully calibrate the IMU and compass after the installation of the software ? ( I doubt !)

Please check that your blades are not cracked in the middle  ?

What happens after you start the drone flight ?  Does it fall from the sky again or drifting ?

Clear the memory cache from your phone and reinstall your  DJI GO4 app  again.

Care must be taken at every step that i mentioned above. Don't try to do anything fast. Once it is done you can fly and have a rough ride in the sky plenty of times !
2017-9-14
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
Kuwait

sibu Posted at 2017-9-14 06:01
Did you successfully calibrate the IMU and compass after the installation of the software ? ( I doubt !)

What happens after you start the drone flight ?  Does it fall from the sky again or drifting ?

After take off, hang the drone at 1 to 2 meters height in flight and do the following movements to your SPARK with or without your R/C controller.
LEFT-then to original position- RIGHT -then to original position -FORWARD-then to original position- REVERSE-then to original position -UP-then to original position-DOWN-then to original position.
DO not push the sticks to full throttle. Just a slight stick movement  will make the drone take-off.

Care must be taken at every step that i mentioned above. Don't try to do anything fast. Once it is done you can fly and have a rough ride in the sky plenty of times !
2017-9-14
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

sibu Posted at 2017-9-14 06:08

--> Yes, I did. Never ever failed so far after every IMU Calibration.

--> No crack on all four blades. I want to take some pictures of all four blades but the unit has been packed and ready to be sent out to HK service centre.

--> Like I said, I only commit to take off right after there is a message ready to take off. Means that all signals to RC, to GPS, Wi-Fi, etc are ready. Unfortunately, right after move my right RC stick to bottom-left and move my left RC stick to bottom-right to take off,  the Spark hovers at 1.2 meter then it starts to drift uncontrolled. Even after I press Pause Button, nothing happen and it continues drifting.
Lucky, so far, I've never ever got a drone falling from sky. Only drifting.

--> Did it many times. I'm using IPhone 7.

After take off, hang the drone at 1 to 2 meters height in flight and do the following movements to your SPARK with or without your R/C controller.
LEFT-then to original position- RIGHT -then to original position -FORWARD-then to original position- REVERSE-then to original position -UP-then to original position-DOWN-then to original position.
DO not push the sticks to full throttle. Just a slight stick movement  will make the drone take-off.
--> mentioned above.

--> I know
2017-9-14
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-14 01:24
Please provide us your flight data first so we can locate the problems. You can upload to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks.

Data taken from DJI Spark unit itself can be found in this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pbj2w ... pxtmVtKwviSYMa?dl=0

Data taken from Blackbox icon using DJI Assistant app can be found in this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/byswv ... wCBV4H1ddNqmpa?dl=0

For remote, I will upload later as I don't bring the RC right now.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

van der Djiang Posted at 2017-9-14 16:59
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pbj2w0mtgc0mad0/AACC3Git5o4pxtmVtKwviSYMa?dl=0

Thanks for your update. Did you contact our support?please start a case. You can PM me the case number. Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-14
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-14 22:15
Thanks for your update. Did you contact our support?please start a case. You can PM me the case number. Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support

Already.
Now I'm packing up the unit and about ready to sent out to HK directly  for fast action.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

van der Djiang Posted at 2017-9-14 23:44
Already.
Now I'm packing up the unit and about ready to sent out to HK directly  for fast action.

Fine, we'll take care of it after it arrives, could you please provide us with your case number? We'll keep an eye on it.
2017-9-15
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-15
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-15
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi El Diablo,

We're on the same page. Danke.

Hi DJI Diana and DJI Elektra,

Back to my case, today I just got  an email from DJI via Ms. EF. She said that sending the DJI from China Mainland to HK is not possible. Why? I'm still asking her the reason. It could be the custom issue, I think.

Anyway, here is the story until we end up to this shipment issue:

- I live in Surabaya, Indonesia.

- After that fatal crash, and before I made a contact to the store that I bought the Spark from, I already made some phone calls to almost all DJI authorized service centers in Indonesia. The first is Hasco Magic sky in Jakarta, Second is Surabaya Hobby in Surabaya, Third is DJI Jogjakarta in Jogjakarta. They all have the same answer: "Sorry, for DJI Spark we don't have any spare parts. Therefore, the repair time can take up to 2-3 months without any warranty. Yet, customs issue is also taking a part to lengthen the delivery time to another 1 month". Geeks!

- Being a person that never surrender to easily believe the statements, I contacted my friend that lives in Beijing. Lucky me that she is in holiday in Indonesia. So, I handed my Spark to her to be sent to DJI HK Service center. But, apparently it is not that easy.

- We made several contacts via email attn. Ms. EF. She is very cooperative. However, the latest update is, I can't just send the drone from Mainland China to HK for some reason.

- I can only send this drone to Shen-zhen where if I send this Spark to, there they don't have  any data analyzer. Meaning to say that I will be directly CHARGED as not to have any warranty which I do still have until July 2018!

-  Only in HK office, they do have data analyzer in order to observe whether I'm qualified to claim for warranty or not.

- If I have some friend who live in HK, I can ask to send to DJI HK directly. But I don't.

Why don't I send directly from Indonesia to HK? Custom is the only reason. We are not allowed to receive all USED items from abroad. They will scrap.
So, image if DJI sends back the drone after being repaired and they don't want to declare this item as new. I won't receive back my Spark for the entire of my life

The bottom line is, I want to cut corners in order to get my drone back as soon as possible.

Back to the present situation, I have handed the Spark to my friend who lives in Beijing and she will send to Shen-Zhen Service center. According to her, from Beijing to Shen-Zhen will take only 2 days.

I will pay for the repair cost. I don't mind.
As long as DJI can prove that there is no design flaw in my case.
2017-9-15
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

van der Djiang Posted at 2017-9-14 16:59
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pbj2w0mtgc0mad0/AACC3Git5o4pxtmVtKwviSYMa?dl=0

Here is the one I have from DJI GO4 app.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/521j1 ... LTMBc_ijruEnMa?dl=0
2017-9-15
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-9-14 04:25
To help crowdsource troubleshoot your problem, can you upload the flight log from your fatal flight to the site below and provide us with the link?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Hi Kloo Gee,

Here is the data from two incidents that the drone was drifted":
1. 25 Aug 2017: There I can see the number of satellites but at 0m 6.1s  ,there is a Satellite Positioning Off. Fly with caution . This caused it was drifted.

2. 2 Sep 2017: There at 0m 5s  ,there is also a Satellite Positioning Off. Fly with caution .  This caused it was drifted and this was very fatal as it went to sea water

25 Aug 2017 - 1

25 Aug 2017 - 1
25 Aug 2017 - Satellite Lost - 2.JPG

2 Sep 2017

2 Sep 2017
2017-9-15
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

van der Djiang Posted at 2017-9-15 06:06
Hi Kloo Gee,

Here is the data from two incidents that the drone was drifted":

van der Djiang,

Firstly, I'm no DJI expert, just a guy trying to learn as much as possible from everybody else here and to share whatever I think I've picked up over time.  Given that, this is what I can see from the small chunks of logs you included in your screenshots.....

Based on the screenshots you provided of the logs, it doesn't look to me like your Spark ever had a good GPS lock.  It looks like in all 3 instances you launched your Spark while it was in ATTI mode and not in GPS mode.  For the flight on 2 SEP, it had 0 GPS satellites when you launched.

For me personally, I will not launch my Spark unless it has at least 10 GPS satellites connected and is in GPS mode.  I will not launch it at all when in ATTI mode.  Sometimes it takes a minute or two for it to connect to the necessary number of satellites, but I personally think it is worth the time to minimize potential issues.

I hope you get your Spark up and running again soon!

-D
2017-9-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules