7934 58 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

van der Djiang Posted at 2017-9-15 06:06
Hi Kloo Gee,

Here is the data from two incidents that the drone was drifted":

So sorry to hear your accident. Could you tell us your case number? I'd like to look into it. Thanks for cooperation.
2017-9-16
Use props
sibu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

van der Djiang Posted at 2017-9-14 16:56
Did you successfully calibrate the IMU and compass after the installation of the software ? ( I doubt !)
--> Yes, I did. Never ever failed so far after every IMU Calibration.

Did you get the message "Your home point has been updated "....You didn't mention this in your confirmation .
2017-9-16
Use props
sibu
lvl.4
Kuwait

Why should he not calibrate the IMU and compass ?  Did you get your drone degree to make such a statement.. ..
Please don''t  comment on things which you are not sure off....Show some respect towards your peers...     
If you have a problem you can share your issues here and listen...there is no need to comment like this.....it is a bad behaviour and looks like you are on some pills  !!!
2017-9-16
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24856 ft
Indonesia

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-9-15 08:45
van der Djiang,

Firstly, I'm no DJI expert, just a guy trying to learn as much as possible from everybody else here and to share whatever I think I've picked up over time.  Given that, this is what I can see from the small chunks of logs you included in your screenshots.....

Hi Kloo Gee,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I thought so  but I still don't understand that ATTI mode is the one that I can blame on.
To my mind, in case the drone is already on some height, say, 30 meter then it loses GPS signals and it switches to ATTI mode, I can understand that it will be difficult to take the control back.

However, in my case,  the drone was just 1.5 meter away to where I stand. And it was just drifting weirdly and without any strong wind forcing it (in Indonesia, we rarely have wind with speed more than 50 Km/h especially in the area where I live). Both during of the incidents, I used RC and not IPhone 7.

Again, this is just my 2 cents and DJI Support center is now handling my case.
Cross fingers

2017-9-16
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-16 02:02
So sorry to hear your accident. Could you tell us your case number? I'd like to look into it. Thanks for cooperation.

Hi Susan,

Yes, sure. DJI authorized dealer is taking care my case.
I have just sent the unit to them yesterday afternoon.

At any rate, DJI support is fast and supportive.
And now, I'm waiting for their feedback.
I'll see it on next week.

I cancelled to ship to HK as they insist to handle it here.
What a good service, isn't it?

Just for your information, I have 2 drones: one broken DJI Spark and one DJI Mavic Pro. While, in my company, as we have some small projects, we have one DJI Phantom, one DJI Inspire 1 and the latest is one DJI  Matrice 600.  It leads to the reason why I choose DJI for droning.

2017-9-16
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

sibu Posted at 2017-9-16 06:17
Did you get the message "Your home point has been updated "....You didn't mention this in your confirmation .

Hi Sibu,

Yes, it always speak that words.
2017-9-16
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-16
Use props
fans57703823
New
Flight distance : 5581 ft
Hong Kong

sibu Posted at 2017-9-12 04:52
Hi Elektra,

I have finally solved the mystery of the SPARK drifting away during take off ...

HI, sibu,

I have the same problems as you.  May I have your advice how to reinstall the software for RC by DJI assistant 2 ???  I connect the RC with my PC, but there is nil response from DJI assistant 2.

Thank you in advance.
2017-9-16
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

van der Djiang Posted at 2017-9-16 16:27
Hi Kloo Gee,

Many thanks for your feedback.

Here is another fact that using ATTI mode is ok as long as within the coverage area.
The pic  shows the log using link: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and I uploaded the data on 21 Aug 2017 in the morning at 07:56 am.

There, even entering the ATTI mode, the drone was able to correctly take off, hover and fly for 11 mins.
This is why I don't think ATTI mode is the root cause of this issue. Yet, the data shows the drone was nicely take off, hover and fly without drifted even an inch.

At 25 Aug 2017 and 21 Aug 2017, I was at the same place and the same spot; in front of my house.
Therefore, these incidents make me scratching my head.

21 Aug 2017 - Satellite Lost but with ATTI mode OK.JPG
2017-9-16
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-16 18:36
Perhaps you should go off the pills, they confuse your brain making you see things that don't exist... in what page of the Spark's manual it says that the IMU should be calibrated before every flight kid?

IMU calibration should be only done when prompted, after a crash, long distance travel or major firmware update. There's absolutely no need to do this before every flight as your drone "eminence" suggests... I would friendly advise to educate yourself before lecturing others, you sound ignorant but then again, in the land of the blind...

Yes, I it's correct that there is no specific instruction to calibrate the IMU at all time before flying the drone.
Yet, there is no statement from DJI that we have to have certain numbers of satellite in order to commit to fly.
Gosh
2017-9-16
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

van der Djiang Posted at 2017-9-16 22:27
Here is another fact that using ATTI mode is ok as long as within the coverage area.
The pic  shows the log using link: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and I uploaded the data on 21 Aug 2017 in the morning at 07:56 am.

just to add the info above:
1. 21 Aug 2017 --> place: in front of my house --> DJI Spark no Drifting
2. 25 Aug 2017: -->  place: in front of my house --> DJI Spark  Drifting
3. 2 Sep 2017: --> place: North Bali -->  DJI Spark Drifting

note:
between 21 and 25 Aug 2017, the place was exactly the same and I flew couple of take offs in this place as well.
2017-9-16
Use props
sibu
lvl.4
Kuwait

fans57703823 Posted at 2017-9-16 21:57
HI, sibu,

I have the same problems as you.  May I have your advice how to reinstall the software for RC by DJI assistant 2 ???  I connect the RC with my PC, but there is nil response from DJI assistant 2.

Hi There,

The RC can be updated using the wifi .  The SPARK needs to be connected to the DJI Assistant 2 for firmware update.  You need to update the RC and SPARK firmware once you have two batteries or so.  For some reason the software gets corrupted or doesn't install in the first instance correctly or the order of firmware update is not right as described by DJI.
But the trick works perfectly once you reinstall the software on both equipment and get a confirmation screen that the firmware is updated.  Then follow the instructions regarding basic  controller movements of the SPARK which I have mentioned earlier including IMU and compass calibration.
I had all sorts of problems including
a) drifting ,
b)SPARK falling from the Sky ,
c)over load gimbal motor ( obviously due to the fall ) ,
d) left  ESC motor overload,
e) SPARK moving like a wave , ( UP/Down motion) ,
f) SPARK not rising above 6 meters high even with GPS locked ...
All the above symptoms were scrutinized in detail and fault cleared completely.
These symptoms were due to various errors from my side as an operator including
i) improper propeller guard mounting,
ii) bend/chipped propeller blades,
iii)cracked rear wing,
iv) Updated to latest software after receiving threat from DJI but updates were not set properly in the SPARK or not happening due to two batteries firmware update requirement

These can be solved from our side if we have an interest and patience .  DJI is a good product as far as my experience goes. Even with all these problems, I see the  SPARK  as a very robust quadcopter.
2017-9-17
Use props
sibu
lvl.4
Kuwait

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-16 18:36
Perhaps you should go off the pills, they confuse your brain making you see things that don't exist... in what page of the Spark's manual it says that the IMU should be calibrated before every flight kid?

IMU calibration should be only done when prompted, after a crash, long distance travel or major firmware update. There's absolutely no need to do this before every flight as your drone "eminence" suggests... I would friendly advise to educate yourself before lecturing others, you sound ignorant but then again, in the land of the blind...

Sorry dude, I do many things from my experience  too...not just by DJI instruction manuals alone ! .                 The instructions are written only for a general guide  ....  Try  thinking with your head alot  rather than using your ass and  also use your common sense in solving problems .

2017-9-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

van der Djiang Posted at 2017-9-16 16:43
Hi Susan,

Yes, sure. DJI authorized dealer is taking care my case.

Thanks for your support and trust of DJI. Wish you have a great time with the drones. I 'll be here all the time, feel free to contact us.
2017-9-20
Use props
Leandro Nunes
New
Flight distance : 12592 ft
Brazil

Hello! I also had the same problem. I was able to solve it by putting the propellers. Try to do the same and tell me if you have. I posted a video showing the problem and how to solve it:
2017-10-2
Use props
van der Djiang
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi,

Regarding this, DJI authorized dealer already overcome this issue by fixing my drone at no cost.
However,  I still have not tried to fly this Spark. Perhaps on this coming weekend.

I would like to appreciate for the support from DJI.

Note:
The service center didn't explain specifically the root cause of the issue that I experienced.
I just received the unit back and that's it.

Is Spark still having the connection problem such as GPS connection, remote connection? I still don't know.
2017-10-11
Use props
fans6807c2e6
New

Did anyone ever get this figured out? Im having a problem where at take off it will rise to about 10 ft and then will lose almost all power and drop straight  and usually hit the ground  but motors will still be on then after a few seconds I can start raising  altItude and everything is pretty normal after that. But Its happened several times with Different batterys. Is there any fix for this?
2019-10-5
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

fans6807c2e6 Posted at 10-5 21:18
Did anyone ever get this figured out? Im having a problem where at take off it will rise to about 10 ft and then will lose almost all power and drop straight  and usually hit the ground  but motors will still be on then after a few seconds I can start raising  altItude and everything is pretty normal after that. But Its happened several times with Different batterys. Is there any fix for this?

10 ft up and still going down to the ground?
That is news to me.
I had just this 1-3ft bumping,  getting it 10ish ft up,  I could always manage, to keep it away from the ground.

Are you starting with the app?
Do it as CSC
You still have warranty?
Video the birds doing, document as much as possible, open an own topic about, put videos and flight records in it and open a case with DJI
Try to have a mod bringing together the evidence/forum with the service.

As you wrote, some start it is, some it isnt.
I tried to find a trigger, but failed.
And the service wont have that much time, to "play" with one bird, like we have.
But in the end, mine got repaird
2019-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules