o(^-^)o
Arge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34006 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

First time poster!

Wonder if anyone could help?

I have had a Mavic since April, purchased from John Lewis.
From day one I’ve had “esc status errors”. I usually power cycle a couple of times and they go. But its happening every time i go out.
So clearly something is wrong.

DJI want me to send it back.

I have DJI Care refresh.

do i…...

A. Fill in a service repair form with DJI and return to them direct. Presuming DJI Care Refresh will help make it a priority? Although this is currently proving a problem as a bug on their site wont allow me to enter a UK address.
B. Considering their excellent customer service. Take it into John Lewis and have John Lewis send it.

What's best do you think?

Or does anyone know how to sort the ESC issue!

Sorry guys, any single bit of advice much appreciated!

Cheers

Ian

2017-9-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

First of all, unless the problem is due to a crash -- which doesn't appear to be the case -- you shouldn't be considering Care Refresh. This would instead be covered as a warranty problem by DJI, but whether you get a warranty or Care Refresh replacement it will very likely be someone else's refurbished Mavic.

If what you'd like to get in exchange is instead a new Mavic -- which is what I'd want -- then I'd return it to the place you got it from, tell them that it's defective, and get a replacement from them. That's likely to take less time and you'll wind up with a brand new Mavic instead of a refurbished one. Oh, and if you do return it be sure to transfer Care Refresh to the new Mavic.
2017-9-3
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-9-3 05:01
First of all, unless the problem is due to a crash -- which doesn't appear to be the case -- you shouldn't be considering Care Refresh. This would instead be covered as a warranty problem by DJI, but whether you get a warranty or Care Refresh replacement it will very likely be someone else's refurbished Mavic.

If what you'd like to get in exchange is instead a new Mavic -- which is what I'd want -- then I'd return it to the place you got it from, tell them that it's defective, and get a replacement from them. That's likely to take less time and you'll wind up with a brand new Mavic instead of a refurbished one. Oh, and if you do return it be sure to transfer Care Refresh to the new Mavic.

DroneFlying, thank you so much. That is amazing advice. You are totally right.

Thats interesting the care refresh just gives you a refurb one! Thats bad.

Yes its been there since the first time I turned it on. so its got to be a new one, otherwise i wont be too happy!

Thanks again! Great advice.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to restart the app to see will the error disappear. Send it in if it persists. For me myself, I suggest sending it in directly. We will evaluate it when we received it. You will not be charged if it is a warranty case. Thanks for your patience.
2017-9-4
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-4 02:23
Please try to restart the app to see will the error disappear. Send it in if it persists. For me myself, I suggest sending it in directly. We will evaluate it when we received it. You will not be charged if it is a warranty case. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks DJI thor. I took it to John Lewis, they sent me away saying i'm better off sending to DJI. Despite ringing  John Lewis several times in advance to check that was the right thing to do!

Will now file a returns form with DJI. All a bit of a pain and really annoying since its an error out of the box.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Arge Posted at 2017-9-6 11:25
Thanks DJI thor. I took it to John Lewis, they sent me away saying i'm better off sending to DJI. Despite ringing  John Lewis several times in advance to check that was the right thing to do!

Will now file a returns form with DJI. All a bit of a pain and really annoying since its an error out of the box.

I can feel your pain. Please send it in and we will take care of it for you. Sorry for this and will do our best to help things out.
2017-9-7
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 23:26
I can feel your pain. Please send it in and we will take care of it for you. Sorry for this and will do our best to help things out.

Thanks DJI Thor, much appreciated. Dropping it off at UPS tomorrow. Should be with you soon!
2017-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Arge Posted at 2017-9-10 01:20
Thanks DJI Thor, much appreciated. Dropping it off at UPS tomorrow. Should be with you soon!

In the normal scheme of things two week turnaround is what you should expect, when you ship and they receive I would advise you to contact a mod here, they will try and escalate it for you, they are exceptionally good at helping forum members and will do their best for you.

Good luck.
2017-9-10
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-10 01:27
In the normal scheme of things two week turnaround is what you should expect, when you ship and they receive I would advise you to contact a mod here, they will try and escalate it for you, they are exceptionally good at helping forum members and will do their best for you.

Good luck.

Great thanks. It will be with you by end of day tomorrow. Who's the best person to contact? I was talking to Ely G on the support email. He was helpful. Thanks again for you help. Much appreciated.
2017-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Arge Posted at 2017-9-13 13:02
Great thanks. It will be with you by end of day tomorrow. Who's the best person to contact? I was talking to Ely G on the support email. He was helpful. Thanks again for you help. Much appreciated.

Dji Mindy, you can find her on the forum here, just click on her personal message and give her your case number tell her you would like it back as fast as you can, she will help escalate your case.

Good luck.
2017-9-13
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wow thats amazing. Thanks!!
I'll contact her. I've got a trip to Iceland booked soon and I don't want to leave without it!
2017-9-13
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Today I got an email which seem to suggest DJI would be taking my brand new Mavic apart and fitting a new ESC board. Which i'm really not happy about. I questioned it but I've heard nothing back. Not a happy customer right now. Hoping that will change!
2017-9-18
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

FYI  - I never heard back from DJI Mindy either.
2017-9-18
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.2
United States

That is what they are doing with my MP. Putting in a new flight controller esc board. I keep asking if that's the issue with my gimbal problem (different from yours). No one seems to be answering me with that question and I'm finding it a tad bit annoying. Good luck.
2017-9-18
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Jon, that's Interesting. Be keen to know how many other ESC boards are shipping out defective. If in fact yours is an ESC issue. Good luck with yours too though. Hope it works out.
2017-9-18
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ESC apparently replaced but yet I seem to have been returned a Mavic Pro with a completely different serial number? Surely a mistake. Where is my Mavic Pro?
CAS-968507-Y6J0P3
Can someone at DJI respond to my support email immediately.
2017-9-23
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.2
United States

Arge Posted at 2017-9-23 01:48
ESC apparently replaced but yet I seem to have been returned a Mavic Pro with a completely different serial number? Surely a mistake. Where is my Mavic Pro?
CAS-968507-Y6J0P3

After sales policy read carefully.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-9-23
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.2
United States

Arge Posted at 2017-9-23 01:48
CAS-968507-Y6J0P3

Sorry m8. After sales policy shows that if you return your MP for warranty service they can replace it with a refurbished MP. I got my MP the other day and it is not the same one. Different serial number. But I got the same remote back.

Just tested it out and seems to be working fine, so far...  I was expecting that I would never see my original MP back. On my end all i really care about is getting a fully functional MP.

Doesn't make sense though that they sent me an email saying my MP has been tested and fixed when they sent me back a different one. Did they really fix my old MP and tested it out? and if they did why didn't they just sent me that one? There seems to be a lack of communication with their warranty service repair center. But like i said all i really care about is a fully functional MP with no problems.. Good luck with your new/refurbished MP. Hope you enjoy it and doesn't bring anymore headaches to you.
2017-9-23
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

If i'd wanted a second hand drone i would of bought one for half the price off ebay. Mine was brand new. Now it appears i've paid full price for a someone else's used one, with no consultation. Well lets see what DJI say. I'll give them a chance to rectify their mistake. Currently very unhappy though.
2017-9-23
Use props
Slic Ric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4393 ft
United States

Welcome to the forum Arge, I'm fairly new here myself. Irate Retro is a user on this forum that referenced your thread. I wanted to pop in and see what was up.
Bought in April. Errors from day 1. Why didn't this unit get returned to John Lewis on Day 2 or 3 instead of 5 months later?
You weren't happy about having a new board replaced in your unit. I don't understand. You expected to be given a new drone?
You then received a replacement drone. Not yours. Is it a refurb? Did you look up and decode the serial number for the manufacture date?
When you say "I got an email which seem to suggest"... I'm curious to know what that statement was.
Not trying to poke the bear mate. I too am VERY curious to why YOUR drone wasn't repaired. Policy or not, if you were told that it would be makes all the difference.
2017-9-27
Use props
Arge
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Slic Ric, thanks for getting in touch. I am not aware of  Irate Retro, he hasn't been in touch with me. It's all in hand now though, thanks for your concern.

All the best.
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules