Spark image transfer problems.
1852 18 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bener
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24012 ft
Cyprus

After My spark goes 70- 100 meter distance I am having image transfer issues. My screen gets dark andi loose the image/ AFter I move it image transfer comes but goes again so easily. Why this could occur?
2017-9-3
Use props
bytemann
lvl.1
Germany

You may change the Wifi frequency to 5.8 Ghz and switch to a channel with less interference, which helped me a lot.
2017-9-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are you on android?
You may need to change to another phone.
Seems to me, that dji go 4 is challenging a lot of devices
On top of the CE mode issue
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Please tell me your model of mobile device and your version of DJI Go 4. Here are some advices:
1. Did you have any object nearby which can affect spark, such as, apple watch, factories.
2. You can try to change the channel to 5.8G. ( If your device is Android system, please make sure that it can supports 5.8G)

2017-9-3
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

I have exactly the same problem: I lose image when AC is farther than 30 or 40 meters. I been able to fly it up to 80 meters far away in a completely lonely beach today, but I guess we can not expect to be always alone with no cars or people with phones in miles around that could cause interferences... So, I have a very nice toy than can fly only up to 40 or 50 meters, if I'm lonely enough. . Waiting for responses from DJI
2017-9-5
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-3 22:56
Please tell me your model of mobile device and your version of DJI Go 4. Here are some advices:
1. Did you have any object nearby which can affect spark, such as, apple watch, factories.
2. You can try to change the channel to 5.8G. ( If your device is Android system, please make sure that it can supports 5.8G)

I am using iPhone 6Plus. No factories around. Yes I have an Apple Watch on my wrist. Would it effect it? Its not effecting when I am flying P3p. Only with spark I am having the issue.
2017-9-5
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

bytemann Posted at 2017-9-3 15:28
You may change the Wifi frequency to 5.8 Ghz and switch to a channel with less interference, which helped me a lot.

I am connected to RC with an OTG cable. and still losing the image
2017-9-5
Use props
Ranger1960
New
Flight distance : 4344 ft
Russia

#Quick Reply Here#Range of flight and video transfer depends on the country. In Europe and Russia, not more than 300 meters and operates only 2.4, frequency 5.8 is not available.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

bener Posted at 2017-9-5 20:15

Bener, do not wear Apple watch when you fly your drone. I would not recommend you use OTG to connect spark. Please try to use wifi instead. Thanks.
2017-9-5
Use props
Observer Fx
New
Belgium

Ranger1960 Posted at 2017-9-5 20:28
#Quick Reply Here#Range of flight and video transfer depends on the country. In Europe and Russia, not more than 300 meters and operates only 2.4, frequency 5.8 is not available.

Im flying on 5.8 in Europe, Belgium ... ?
2017-9-5
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-5 20:29
Bener, do not wear Apple watch when you fly your drone. I would not recommend you use OTG to connect spark. Please try to use wifi instead. Thanks.

OK I wıll do all your recommendations and see if it will be better.
thanks.
2017-9-5
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-5 20:29

Some says its better to use OTG cable. Now I learn its not recommended. I don't understand why people advising it and with what reason. And why its not reccomended by you? Whats the minuses of using OTG =?
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

bener Posted at 2017-9-5 22:26
Some says its better to use OTG cable. Now I learn its not recommended. I don't understand why people advising it and with what reason. And why its not reccomended by you? Whats the minuses of using OTG =?

OTG is not tested by our engineers. It may cause accidents or unexpected impact on your spark. Please connect your spark with wifi because it is more stable.
2017-9-5
Use props
bytemann
lvl.1
Germany

bener Posted at 2017-9-5 20:15

If I understand the manual correctly, when you configure 5.8 GHz, it means that the RC and Spark communicate through 5.8GHz WiFi channel. Even if you use OTG, you still need to configure WiFi in DJI Go 4. However, high frequency carrier wave used by 5.8 GHz could face higher attenuation of signal when it penetrates obstacles,  like tree leaves, concrete metals. Maybe you should also pay attention to the surroundings. Regarding the high-gain antenna on RC, make sure you rotate them so that the wider side faces Spark.
2017-9-6
Use props
bytemann
lvl.1
Germany

Observer Fx Posted at 2017-9-5 21:00
Im flying on 5.8 in Europe, Belgium ... ?

5.8GHz in Germany here
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_JLTtNWP Posted at 2017-9-6 01:53
I have same problem !!i can t fly only 300mt I live in Switzerland (europe). In Europe what are the best settings to use?
5.8 or 2.4?
Iphone or android?

Since you are in Europe, I would recommend you connect RC with spark and use 2.4G for a longer transmission distance. Wif is recommended.
2017-9-6
Use props
Nextflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 572635 ft
Italy

How is possible to set 2.4 Ghz in CE without otg?
2017-9-6
Use props
Observer Fx
New
Belgium

bytemann Posted at 2017-9-3 15:28

how do i check for interference? Just try em all?
2017-9-6
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

Still having the issue after more than 30 flights. Image always freezes when spark is no more than 30 or 40 meters away, and wifi signal bars fall to 1/4 as soin as it is 5 meters away. I have tried 2.4, 5.8, wifi, OTG, iphone 6, huawey p8 (even worse). It only gets a bit better if I am in a desert area (no cars, no houses, no people with mobile phones and interferences) but, is that what I must expect of a drone? Do I have to go to the moon in order to be far away enough from all interferences and be able to fly up to 300 meters getting the images??
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules