Rechargeable Battery blinking 16 times and not charging
12Next >
56919 41 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hector Garcia
New
Mexico

My battery has been used only 16 times and after a couple of weeks stored when I press the button only led #1 lights on. I tried to charge it and now it does not work, it only blinks led #1 16 times, then nothing for about 6 to 7 secs and then the cycle repeats. Would you say is dead or could it be "brought to life again"? Is there any fix to this ? Thanks.
2017-9-3
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It may depend on the state in was in the last time you used it. How much charge was in the battery prior to storing it?
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you read the info of this battery on DJI GO 4 app? If only LED 1 flashes, the one far away from the power button, the battery might be broken. You can try to drain the battery out and then keep in charge again. I suggest sending the battery in if it still not works.
2017-9-4
Use props
fans7c6a5d83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2409751 ft
Germany

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-3 21:46
It may depend on the state in was in the last time you used it. How much charge was in the battery prior to storing it?

Das hatte ich gestern auch. Nach ca. 20 Minuten begann der Akku zu laden.
2017-9-4
Use props
Hector Garcia
New
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-3 21:46

Thanks. About 20% battery, stored for 6 weeks.
2017-9-8
Use props
Hector Garcia
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-4 01:42
Could you read the info of this battery on DJI GO 4 app? If only LED 1 flashes, the one far away from the power button, the battery might be broken. You can try to drain the battery out and then keep in charge again. I suggest sending the battery in if it still not works.

Thanks. Wrote to DJI Tech Support and they confirmed is defective. Now I have to send it to them, thing is that the shipping cost from México (where I live) is almost as expensive as the cost of a new one.
2017-9-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

EDIT: let the battery cool off for a while then try again.  if its the LED blinking rapidily closest to the power button then that means the battery is too warm/too hot to charge..  

2017-9-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Hector Garcia Posted at 2017-9-8 11:19
Thanks. About 20% battery, stored for 6 weeks.

Leaving the battery at that low charge for that length of time is not good for the battery and will probably not work properly again. You might be able to get some charge into it but it will never be reliable. If you are going to leave your batteries sit for a few weeks put them at storage of about 50%.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hector Garcia Posted at 2017-9-8 11:21
Thanks. Wrote to DJI Tech Support and they confirmed is defective. Now I have to send it to them, thing is that the shipping cost from México (where I live) is almost as expensive as the cost of a new one.

Did you buy it from the local retailer? If yes, you can try to ask them for help.
2017-9-9
Use props
dji_boscor
New
Flight distance : 35492 ft
Mexico

Hi, were you able to fix this problem?
2018-1-18
Use props
fans4c127145
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1299 ft

Also, don't rely on the LEDs for accurate check of battery level. Mine were at 2 1/2 LEDs for 4 months but as soon as I started a charge it indicated dead.
2018-4-8
Use props
dji user 1976
lvl.1
Romania

Just bought my Mavic Pro - 2 days ago. Brand new, out of the box. I take it out of the box today, 50 minutes ago. Started to charge the remote control and battery. But hold on.... the battery is dead, led 1 blinks 16 times. Come on guys, really? What can be done? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
2018-5-11
Use props
Mjaraespinoza
New
Chile

dji user 1976 Posted at 2018-5-11 22:10
Just bought my Mavic Pro - 2 days ago. Brand new, out of the box. I take it out of the box today, 50 minutes ago. Started to charge the remote control and battery. But hold on.... the battery is dead, led 1 blinks 16 times. Come on guys, really? What can be done? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I from Chile and i have the same issue of you. Brand  and new Mavic Pro and the battery on the drone it’s blink 16 tines and don’t charge. I don’t know what to do.
2018-5-20
Use props
ShagCulp
lvl.1
United States

Same here.  Just purchased brand new battery from Best Buy.  Thanks to this forum, I didn't spend hours trying to troubleshoot, went back and had it replaced. Thanks all.
2018-6-6
Use props
fans600e9a30
New
Brazil

I bought the drone three days ago and I had to discharge the batteries before transport it in the airplane. After the purchase I tested the drone using two batteries but I can't remember which one was not used, I think this problem came from factory, how to proceed?
2018-6-23
Use props
dji user 1976
lvl.1
Romania

Mjaraespinoza Posted at 2018-5-20 18:44
Hi, I from Chile and i have the same issue of you. Brand  and new Mavic Pro and the battery on the drone it’s blink 16 tines and don’t charge. I don’t know what to do.

I have sent it back and received another one. I was amazed to see that the new battery was not even packed. The Romanian seller just gave me a battery. I wonder if it really was new. It works now.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dji user 1976 Posted at 2018-8-13 10:20
I have sent it back and received another one. I was amazed to see that the new battery was not even packed. The Romanian seller just gave me a battery. I wonder if it really was new. It works now.

Hi. I would recommend observing the performance of the battery and kindly keep us posted in any case you need our help. Thank you.
2018-8-14
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-14 09:55
Hi. I would recommend observing the performance of the battery and kindly keep us posted in any case you need our help. Thank you.

How does DJI store the batteries before they sell them? Surely they don't make them as they get orders for them and stop? Then start making them when another order comes in? They have to have excess in storage waiting to be sold yes? How long did they sit? Did they charge them before storage or is the first charge when we buy them?
2018-8-14
Use props
KeesML
New
Indonesia

Had exactly the same thing today. Brand new Mavic Pro Fly More Combo. The battery that was in the drone won't charge, green light furthest from the power button flashes 16 times then goes off. The other 2 batteries that were stored separate in the box charge fine. Had to fight with the store before they said they would replace it. In iBox Bali, Indonesia, official re-seller of DJI products in Indonesia.  
2018-11-2
Use props
dji user 1976
lvl.1
Romania

ShagCulp Posted at 2018-6-6 18:16
Same here.  Just purchased brand new battery from Best Buy.  Thanks to this forum, I didn't spend hours trying to troubleshoot, went back and had it replaced. Thanks all.

My battery has been returned and replaced . It was defective.
2019-1-7
Use props
djiuser_UyB5WTI1AfgY
New

New Zealand

I just got the mavic pro with the fly more combo. This is some bs. The two batteries in the fly combo do the single led flash 16 times and nothing. Now to top off the crap cake the one that came with the drone has a "bad cell" according to the DJI Go 4 app. I just got all of this just to find out I cant even fly/test or play with the damn thing. All firmware is up to date. I let the batteries charge all night with the original charger and the charger hub. I honestly expected more considering how expensive the DJI name is..
2019-6-2
Use props
otawerks
lvl.1

So I got a DJI Mavic pro Platinium Fly More pack last year... living in Paris (France) it was impossible to fly in the city...
This year I finally got a break, and was planning on flying it in Georgia where I have some relatives.
So I packed my neat little drone with all its accessories in an extra suitcase, with wild dreams of flight paths and helix Quickshots.
All for nil, reading this thread I recon that  the smart-batteries have a shelf life and all three of them refused to charge, showing the dreaded 16 fast flashes
Tried contacting both DJI certified resellers in Tbilisi, and have not found any replacement batteries.
If anyone has some pointers, please let me know.. don't want to end up with a DJI don't fly at all pack...
2019-10-7
Use props
ScottPilot
lvl.1

United States

Just received today via FedEx a brand new Mavic Pro 2 Fly More...3 batteries.  All 3 no good, 2 give the dreaded 16 quick flashes; the one that was installed in the drone wouldn't even do that, and no response when button pushed to check charge level. WTF?  A real disappointment to spend this money and have no ability to fly the a/c until the new batteries are received.  Luckily, purchased through a reputable seller (B&H) and they are expediting replacement.  DJI should be grateful that places like B&H clean up after their messes.
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_DLOk9jJqOZIM
New

Australia

Just received  two new magic pro batteries and they both display the dreaded 16 led blink and won’t take charge. I am so disappointed in buying this premium product just to receive batteries that won’t take charge.
What is the story with this. It’s suppose to be intelligent flight batteries of a suppose to be premium product but then won’t even charge. Now I have to try and get this sorted. Can someone please let me know what to do and how to go about changing over this clearly faulty product and receive what I actually purchased. So over this.
2019-12-9
Use props
djiuser_DLOk9jJqOZIM
New

Australia

Just received  two new mavic pro batteries and they both display the dreaded 16 led blink and won’t take charge. I am so disappointed in buying this premium product just to receive batteries that won’t take charge.
What is the story with this. It’s suppose to be intelligent flight batteries of a suppose to be premium product but then won’t even charge. Now I have to try and get this sorted. Can someone please let me know what to do and how to go about changing over this clearly faulty product and receive what I actually purchased. So over this.
The rooting around and the inconvenience.
2019-12-9
Use props
Alan Polucha
New

Brazil

Same here, just bought one  brand new Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo with three dead batteries. Solid red light on the hub or Led1 flashing 16x when directly connected to the charger. What a disappointment. Surely it isn´t something isolated, I found tons of reports on many forums.
2020-1-29
Use props
djiuser_C0mCm1jZa93i
lvl.1

Australia

@dji can we get a response here? The #dreaded16flashes seems to be an ongoing issue... help???
2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_ZCTGLJFBcmIR
New

United States

Yes DJI... wth? I used my Mavic Pro all of 6 times, and bought two extra batteries. All stored at slightly more than 50% charge and a few months later pack it up for a shoot and drive the 6hrs to location and this crap happens? Wth kind of modern battery does this on a fully consumer level product at this price? You need to be starting a free battery exchange. Two of my 3 batteries probably don’t have 3 flights on them. Wow. This thread is seriously eye opening to your level of customer experience.
2020-7-19
Use props
ejwill
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue on 2 batteries.  I do not use them very much.  i stored them at full power.  I so sad.  
2020-8-1
Use props
fansf4a91d44
New
United States

I just pulled my P4 out of storage after a few months. One of the batteries was completely unresponsive, and no amount of charging helped. I gentled cracked it open and disconnected the one disconnect able cable between the main board and the battery. After sitting overnight I plugged it back in and plugged the battery into the charger.  I got the 16 fast blinks on LED1 and then nothing.  If I press the button, LED1 blinks a couple times, and then it all goes dark again.

Did we ever get an official response from DJI on the 16 blinks of doom?  Could someone share a pointer to the solution of soldering in a jumper?
2020-9-27
Use props
fansac01944e
New

Mexico

fansf4a91d44 Posted at 9-27 12:56
I just pulled my P4 out of storage after a few months. One of the batteries was completely unresponsive, and no amount of charging helped. I gentled cracked it open and disconnected the one disconnect able cable between the main board and the battery. After sitting overnight I plugged it back in and plugged the battery into the charger.  I got the 16 fast blinks on LED1 and then nothing.  If I press the button, LED1 blinks a couple times, and then it all goes dark again.

Did we ever get an official response from DJI on the 16 blinks of doom?  Could someone share a pointer to the solution of soldering in a jumper?

Never got an answer from DJI but.....I returned the battery because my conclusion after looking for a solution on the Internet was that it was deffective. DJI gave me a new one at no cost. Now what I do is I keep the battery at 60% charge more or less and every week or so I charge it in full. Never let them be innactive for more than a month. It’s been now two year with the battery and is working perfectly. I hope this helps.
2020-9-27
Use props
djiuser_mdJdyQHUiSGi
New

India

Dji mavic mini battery continue flashing not charging problem
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_e2RKnskQvjql
New

Canada

Has ther been an update on this from DJI yet? Im just started having the same issues earlier today when I used all 3 batteries and then went to recharge them after a few hours of room temp but now one of them is giving me the 16 flashes. This only the 10th time I've flown this drone, I've reached out DJI but dont expect a reply on this after reading through this forum.
2021-3-13
Use props
fansac01944e
New

Mexico

That is exactly what I do and now my battery is ok
2021-3-14
Use props
fansac01944e
New

Mexico

djiuser_e2RKnskQvjql Posted at 3-13 19:06
Has ther been an update on this from DJI yet? Im just started having the same issues earlier today when I used all 3 batteries and then went to recharge them after a few hours of room temp but now one of them is giving me the 16 flashes. This only the 10th time I've flown this drone, I've reached out DJI but dont expect a reply on this after reading through this forum.

Don’t waste your time and ask DJI for a replacement battery, it is clearly a deffective one what you have.
2021-3-14
Use props
Kayrsquos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14521 ft

Netherlands

Today it was about 26 Celcius outside, I started the flight with 100% and landed at about 35% (as i always do)
I did a lot of intense things, Sport mode in the full sun, Active track etc, Recording all at once.]

I put it on the charger and 1 light blinked 3 times in a row and repeated.

I left it off the charger for about 10 minutes and put it on again and started charging, Luckily, Because i had stored the battery for 2 weeks at 70% i wasn't sure. But it turns out fine
2021-3-31
Use props
Im913mostwanted
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4068829 ft
United States

This was just happening to me now. I let my battery cool off; and now it’s charging.
Hope this helps!
2021-7-24
Use props
Im913mostwanted
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4068829 ft
United States

Im913mostwanted Posted at 7-24 14:42
This was just happening to me now. I let my battery cool off; and now it’s charging.  
Hope this helps!

On my DJI FPV that is.
2021-7-24
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

Dang... I think i'm screwed here

Been flying my P4P. I also got a P4PV2 as a backup. I NEVER took it out of the box until today.  Now 2 of the 3 batteries do the blinking 16 times - which as I read this article means they are TOAST.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to charge them?
2021-8-10
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

MY MISTAKE but I left batteries boxed for a WHILE.  When I tried to charge them, they blinked 16 times then off.  15 seconds later blink 16 times then off etc.

I assumed they were dead.

Well... 1 of the 2  batteries came to life. It was suggested that since it was idle for SO long, it went into hibernation mode (which should be evident with red LED not green - mine was green) to let it sit on the charger for a while.  I stepped away for about 30 mins and it started charging. The other has been on the charger going on 2 hours now and NOTHING, so that is toast.
2021-8-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules