2639 5 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daaraen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27408 ft
Austria

Hi community,
I tried to find the failsafe settings in the DJI Go App for my Spark, but I could not find them.

I'm flying a lot in the mountains and through trees. If the Spark looses connection to the remote, it will switch into failsafe RTH automatically and most likely crash.
How can I avoid that in failsafe mode it ascends automatically and tries to come back? I just want it to hover.
Can I bypass if I don't place a Home Point? Or will it fly to the last known Home Point then?

I read in an older post (not Spark) where you could set "hover" in RTH failsafe mode,  if the drone looses connection to the remote.

Thanks four your help.

BR

2017-9-3
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

You cannot change that on the spark currently. Your best bet is to set your home point to a safe area near where you are flying. If within 20 m it will land in place. Or enable RTH at current altitude and it won’t ascend if it’s within 20 m of home point.
2017-9-3
Use props
Daaraen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27408 ft
Austria

What will happen if no home point is setted? Just land at its current location?
2017-9-3
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

If it has gps it will set a home point no matter what. There is no way to not set one.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Agree with Jeff7577, it can't be changed on the Spark, the HP will be set when the GPS signal is strong enough,
2017-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can set the altitude at which Spark will fly back, but between trees that is no good either.
At least stay within 100m so obstacle avoidance stays on while RTH is performed.
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules