Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Wifi Name From Contoller For Spark Showing Up On Mobile
211 12 2017-9-3 13:22:34
Wileantz
Beginner
Trinidad and Tobago

I purchased the fly more combo sometime last month and since then the Spark crashed and broke due to a fly away. So I re-ordered another one, but just the basic option of the Spark by itself. I've since tried to use the controller from the last fly more combo package with the new Spark but I'm not getting any wifi signal from the controller at all now. The controller's wifi name is just not showing up in the wifi list on my iPhone or my iPad at all. Is there any way to reset the controller? or are there any potential fixes for this issue?
2017-9-3 13:22:34
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
Japan

Wileantz, please try to reset your wifi of RC. Here is the link:
2017-9-3 19:46:28
Use props
Wileantz
Beginner
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-3 19:46
Wileantz, please try to reset your wifi of RC. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwAVJSbO8Ek

Thanks alot for your response to my problem. But the video you linked only shows how to reset the wi-fi of the DRONE alone, not the CONTROLLER. I need to reset the wi-fi of the CONTROLLER. The CONTROLLER'S wi-fi name is the one that isn't showing up. I see the name for the DRONE'S wifi. I DON'T see the name for the CONTROLLER'S wifi. And that is the problem.
2017-9-7 10:34:42
Use props
fans6c65823b
Beginner
United Kingdom

Having the same problem. All the advice I got was things that I told I done. Just doesn't help
2017-9-7 15:59:33
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

Wileantz Posted at 2017-9-7 10:34
Thanks alot for your response to my problem. But the video you linked only shows how to reset the wi-fi of the DRONE alone, not the CONTROLLER. I need to reset the wi-fi of the CONTROLLER. The CONTROLLER'S wi-fi name is the one that isn't showing up. I see the name for the DRONE'S wifi. I DON'T see the name for the CONTROLLER'S wifi. And that is the problem.

Please open your RC first and try to long press the power button for 9 seconds. Then you will hear 3 beeps and see if the wifi can show up. If not, please check if the indicator is flashing twice.
Since your spark crashed, maybe there is something wrong with your drone. If you fail to find the wifi all the time, please contact our support and start a case. Here is the link:
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-8 00:16:19
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

fans6c65823b Posted at 2017-9-7 15:59
Having the same problem. All the advice I got was things that I told I done. Just doesn't help

When did the problem exist? If you just failed updating your RC, you can try the method at 5#. Thanks.
2017-9-8 00:24:33
Use props
fans6c65823b
Beginner
United Kingdom

it existed when i got the RC which was this monday. It happened right after i downloaded he latest update. I was thinking of sending the RC back to you guys for an analyst  however i felt there was no point in doing that so i just bought a new one which is coming soon. I was told to not update the RC when i get it...
2017-9-8 12:33:14
Use props
Wileantz
Beginner
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-8 00:16
Please open your RC first and try to long press the power button for 9 seconds. Then you will hear 3 beeps and see if the wifi can show up. If not, please check if the indicator is flashing twice.
Since your spark crashed, maybe there is something wrong with your drone. If you fail to find the wifi all the time, please contact our support and start a case. Here is the link:

Sigh. Thanks for your response again. But if you READ my description of the situation you would see where I mentioned that I ORDERED/BOUGHT A NEW DRONE. I HAVE A NEW SPARK DRONE. I am using the RC (Remote Control) from the 1st Spark I bought. That 1st drone I bought was the FLY MORE COMBO. The 2nd drone I bought was ONLY THE SPARK BY ITSELF. I am using the RC that came with the 1st drone, the drone that crashed. BUT I am using that RC with the NEW SPARK I bought.
2017-9-8 21:37:38
Use props
Wileantz
Beginner
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-8 00:16

I tried this, I still don't see the WIFI NAME. But the indicator IS FLASHING TWICE.
2017-9-8 21:38:48
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
Japan

Wileantz Posted at 2017-9-8 21:38
I tried this, I still don't see the WIFI NAME. But the indicator IS FLASHING TWICE.

Please send it back for check, since you had tried the solutions. Here is the link:
2017-9-12 00:12:41
Use props
Marrek
Beginner
Flight distance : 11939
Estonia

I have similar issue, the RC wif does not show on mobile device. How I got mine working:

1. Turn on RC
2. Turn on Spark
3. Wait til the red light turns green
4.Turn off the RC
5.Turn on the RC
6.Wait 10-15 sec and the wifi of the RC appears.

This problem is out of the box for me. So I havent crashed the drone or remote and I am not sure that the RC wifi resetting fixes the problem.

2017-9-14 00:40:06
Use props
S-e-ven
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 115340
Thailand

Every time I read about somehing like his, I have this 5.8 GHz wifi to phone in mind.
And would really recommend to check, if your device is "seeing" any of the used 5,8 GHz Chaneels (149 and higher)
Also I just would try an OTG cable (which is not fully tested by DJI and therefore not recommended from DJI!)
Only to establish a connection and to "look" with the DJI Go 4 into the connection settings, RC/AC, RC/Phone
Just my2c
2017-9-14 01:09:53
Use props
fans6c65823b
Beginner
United Kingdom

did u update the RC?
2017-9-14 13:17:16
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close