No Wifi Name From Contoller For Spark Showing Up On Mobile
16043 46 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
virtualv
New
Flight distance : 213 ft
United States

Is there still no known fix for this, aside from sending to the repair center?  
I have the same issue with RC's SSID no longer showing after the firmware update on the RC failed   
Nothing seems to fix it from the above suggestions.   Anyone able to solve it?
2018-11-27
Use props
FrankieBman
lvl.1
Australia

virtualv Posted at 11-27 09:59
Is there still no known fix for this, aside from sending to the repair center?  
I have the same issue with RC's SSID no longer showing after the firmware update on the RC failed   
Nothing seems to fix it from the above suggestions.   Anyone able to solve it?

I sent mine into the repair center with the same issue. They diagnosed that it was the main board and replaced that.

For the parts and service, it was AU$165. And because I bought mine in Singapore and now live in Australia, warranty is not valid even though it's less than 6 months old.

Im furious that so many people are having this issue and DJI (1) don't announce the fault and (2) charge users for what's clearly a manufacturer fault.
2018-12-10
Use props
Hello everyone,

Im having the same issue but unfortunately, there is no DJI store or authorized seller here in Costa Rica. Therefore, I can't send the controller for warranty.  Does any of you have any suggestion on how to reset the RC and solve this issue?

Thanks,
2019-9-6
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

teomezger@gmail.com Posted at 9-6 14:30
Hello everyone,

Im having the same issue but unfortunately, there is no DJI store or authorized seller here in Costa Rica. Therefore, I can't send the controller for warranty.  Does any of you have any suggestion on how to reset the RC and solve this issue?

Have you tried to reset the RC?
I mean, are you sure you RC is bricked?
If it does not start, there is no way, you get around a repair!
2019-9-7
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

I'd try an OTG cable. People claim it's not supported, but I don't recommend flying without it.
2019-9-7
Use props
fans39743e73
New

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-8 00:24
When did the problem exist? If you just failed updating your RC, you can try the method at 5#. Thanks.

Hello Spark forum,

I’m having a problem that I just cannot seem to resolve here’s what’s going on. Been flying my spark combo for a year and a half with an iPhone. My problem started when I got a new iPhone. When I powered up the aircraft and RC the Wi-Fi username that shows up in my systems is not the user name that is printed on the box or the aircraft.  When I click to join this network I’m prompted for a password that I do not have.  I then reset the aircraft to its original settings.  My Wi-Fi system then shows two different Wi-Fi channels. The reset original, which is now attached to the aircraft and the other one which is attached to the RC unit. At this point the aircraft and RC are not linked, when I do link them,  my wi-fi system goes back to the user name attached to the RC unit which remember is different than the one on the aircraft and that I don’t have a password for!  Using the DJI app  I changed the Wi-Fi username to the one associated with the RC unit, and left the
2019-9-13
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

Is it a "renamed SSID" for the RC?
Start the RC and reset it by pushing the start button for 9 seconds.
Now it should be the original SSID, but for sure the  "12341234" password
Or use a otg cable, to connect to the RC and check, if you can change the RC wifi "from inside"
2019-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules