When will DJI fix the new firmware problem?
123Next >
4823 96 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CraigR
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 04:05
Aloha Deep^Blue,

What is your device?  We do not have that information.  Without that information, we cannot help you.  This is cutting edge technology.  Even the devices that previously handled DJI firmware updates and upgrades are having problems, many have been dropped.  Personally, I think DJI will come out with recommendations rather than specific models that survived tests.

Do you understand what firmware is? The only "devices" it relies on are the AC and the RC. Firmware has nothing to do with the Android or whatever that you may or may not use. Getting a new tablet or whatever has no effect, at all, on what the firmware is doing to control flight stability and the other myriad things that the firmware does.
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans0fce35f1 Posted at 2017-9-4 02:56
DJI must provide firmware compatible with the machines for which it is intended. It is obvious that the last update is bugged. I wonder about your motivation when you write such posts? Help us, or help DJI?

Aloha fans0,

My goal is to get as many "win"s as possible.  I work for no one, not you, not DJI, but I help everyone.  I help you and I help DJI.  It is all in the same interest.  Get in the sky and have fun!

DJI must provide firmware that works.  If you want your device to work with the DJI firmware, you need to have a new device that has a multi-processor of 1.2 GHz each or better and 2 GB of RAM.

This is cutting edge technology.  You cannot expect to get in the car racing game with an old car.  (Although there will be movies made about that!)  There is no requirement that DJI provide firmware that is compatible with any device.  If you want a DJI product, you need to get a device that will work with DJI firmware.  You have the shoe on the wrong foot!  

Get real!  How can DJI be required to create a firmware that is compatible with thousands of devices that no other company can possibly accomplish.  Sorry, DJI may be cutting edge, but they are not miraculous.  

DJI may have bitten off more than they can chew in the devices department, but they are trying to fix that with the "+ (plus)" products.  It is a great struggle as you can see with the + (plus) issues on this Forum.

Finally, you show how little you understand about the processes you are involved in when you say that the last update is bugged.  The last DJI firmware is not bugged.  The last DJI firmware update is very fast and very demanding.  Fast and demanding is not bugged!  All you need to do is get a new device that can handle the very fast and very demanding DJI firmware.  The latest DJI firmware is "intended" for DJI products using devices that are compatible.

However, DJI is in it for the long haul.  They want all DJI products to have happy enthusiasts.  But it turns out that some product users are ill-intentioned and some governments want to shut down the use of DJI products by militants (terrorists).  Not a real pretty picture.

Now if you have cutting edge technology and governments want to shut down the use of those products by terrorists, there can be problems outside the norm for digital product developers.  But, hey it is today's world!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
CraigR
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 04:59
Aloha fans0,

My goal is to get as many "win"s as possible.  I work for no one, not you, not DJI, but I help everyone.  I help you and I help DJI.  It is all in the same interest.  Get in the sky and have fun!

I'm serious... learn what firmware is (please?) If the device that the firmware is meant to run on -- in this case the Phantom or it's RC -- it is 100% DJI's responsibility to ensure that the device is capable of running the firmware code efficiently. Firmware has absolutely nothing to do with what tablet/phone you're using and I think that this is where you're getting confused.
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-9-4 02:59
It is the firmware, stop blaming the end user and their equipment. I have an iPad Air 2 an iPad Mini 2 and an iPad Mini 4, these problems consistently happen when I update to the latest version and consistently dissapear when I downgrade to 602. It has nothing to do with the device.

Aloha Cian,

Sorry, but you are simply wrong.  You appear to have no idea about the cutting edge technology you are dealing with.  Look at, and even better, read my previous, and numerous, posts on how easy it is to misinterpret our perceptions about technology.  Sorry, but you are wrong.  Once you realize how wrong you are, you will open the door to the wonderful technology that is DJI.  Everything will work!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans0fce35f1 Posted at 2017-9-4 03:06
Read this post anyway; there are still 35 pages ... and other posts talking about the same problems

Aloha fans0f,

I have already written 50 pages refuting the BS on those 35 pages  That is 35 pages of complete and utter BS due to serious misunderstandings and other inadequacies.  I am tired and just want to go to sleep.  It is 2:15 AM here in Hawai'i.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 00:41
Aloha Trump,

My P4 is up to date and flies like a charm.  It is wonderful or was until my nVidia Shield K1 was stolen right off from the RC holder (that was two weeks ago).  I like KILL!  But, in a couple days I should get a replacement.

Aloha Cetacean

I posted my version of the exact same video on day 2 after updating.  Pretty much the exact same thing... 60 seconds of flying and watching my bird buck.

I have the same problem on my P4, but not my P4P.  
You sound a bit too skeptical about the problems so many of us have in common after the updates.  Here is a reminder, the link to my poll about the problems...
Nearly 40% of the posts report this new bucking problem after the updates.  I am one of them.  I flew cleanly for a full year and upon completing the update I now have several problems in both the P4 and the P4P.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=106963

Be careful about adding insult to injury by insulting those of us who have been grounded or are having problems.  Just because you are one of the lucky ones, doesn't mean we did not get nailed by these multiple issues after updating.  This is a real and verifiable problem, you are just throwing fuel on the fire with your perspective.

2017-9-4
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are a lot of different views and thoughts on this firmware issue.  I don’t think any of us here know what the real problem/issue really is…we are just making guesses based on what we hear and read.

There are a few clear facts:

1.        DJI issued a firmware update for the P4 the first week of July 2017

2.        Shortly after many uses reported various problems after either installing the new firmware or difficulties in installing it

3.        Many uses reported few issues and no drone flying issues after installing.

4.        DJI offered no downgrade options for those that installed the new firmware

5.        Some weeks later a few users found an approach to downgrade back to the previous firmware.

6.        Many of the users who took the “unofficial” downgrade approach got drone stability back

7.        Many users with problems…still have those problems almost two months later

8.        DJI has interacted with some users in forums on this issue but has issued no general firmware update and/or fix.

Based on what I see, the instability many discuss seem more drone based than related to the device/pad they use.  I suspect they could fly with nothing more than the drone and RC and it would still be unstable.

Many firms have firmware that the device they sell uses in operation.  It’s a long list.  Generally speaking…when a company issues a firmware update…it should be compatible with the hardware it supports.  The update process should have suitable checks to be sure that the gear used to update is sufficient…and the resulting update seems solid.  

My update process went fairly well and the result is a stable P4 (other than the occasional glitches that occurred both before and after the update).  Many have guessed at the cause for this for those who had problems, but based on what I see here, I don’t see a common thread or issue yet.  We are just guessing.
2017-9-4
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Take of and take the clip in more than 3 meters height. 1.2 meters height  can be too low and produce a powerful ground effect. The FC and GPS want to hold the Phantom on the place.
2017-9-4
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-9-4 05:35
There are a lot of different views and thoughts on this firmware issue.  I don’t think any of us here know what the real problem/issue really is…we are just making guesses based on what we hear and read.

There are a few clear facts:

Yup... for me there was the time BEFORE the latest update and the time AFTER the latest update.

Two completely different experiences.

my iPad Mini 2 now overheats, I get video transmission problems, my p4 bucks like its trying to shake a spider off it, video recording now randomly shuts off, both my P4 and my P4P wobble wildly when flying in many of the automation modes, etc etc etc.

If I use Litchi, there is no overheating or video transmission problems, but the bucking, the wobbling are part of the firmware, so they happen even with Litchi.
2017-9-4
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 05:09
Aloha Cian,

Sorry, but you are simply wrong.  You appear to have no idea about the cutting edge technology you are dealing with.  Look at, and even better, read my previous, and numerous, posts on how easy it is to misinterpret our perceptions about technology.  Sorry, but you are wrong.  Once you realize how wrong you are, you will open the door to the wonderful technology that is DJI.  Everything will work!

Not sure I understand your point, the firmware problems acknowledged by the DJI reps here can be fixed using only the power of positive thinking?
2017-9-4
Use props
Barnston
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81936 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks DroneGuyEd for injecting some sanity into this discussion.
After over 40 years of computer engineering experience I can add that if  a successful firmware update depends on an intermediate software product safeguards should be in place to ensure that this software is correctly installed before the firmware update is processed. If DJI have failed to do this or they have allowed incorrect update processes to take place then they (DJI)  are at fault.
This being said the effects that I have experienced, and read about, point to either a failure in the firmware or an incorrect firmware upgrade process, both of which must be the responsibility of DJI.
Their failure to communicate effectively with their customers is not what should be expected from any organisation.
2017-9-4
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 00:41
Aloha Trump,

My P4 is up to date and flies like a charm.  It is wonderful or was until my nVidia Shield K1 was stolen right off from the RC holder (that was two weeks ago).  I like KILL!  But, in a couple days I should get a replacement.

Cetacean, I don't even know what to think of your response, it is mostly surreal. This problem is real. The problem was caused by the firmware, the process, or a combination of both period. To somehow infer that this is somehow the fault of the owner is ludicrous. It is not the fault of the owner, or the download process, or the process.

I don't have the answer, but over the last couple of months I have encouraged those who have not changed firmware not to, and have encouraged people who have and have been grounded as a result to revert. Those who have listened to me on both points have continued to fly, those who have not are grounded.

People who have purchased these DJI products have done so I am sure for a multitude of reasons. Some have purchased for business, some for fun, some for a combination of both. One thing is for sure, they didn't spend all that money because they wanted to experiment with different fixes, or day after day beg for DJI to fix their issues so they can fly.

People who fly these potentially dangerous machines range from expert very highly experienced people, to young inexperienced kids with little to no experience. These devices must be as safe as possible, as they can fall from the sky and potentially harm someone. This firmware update has made many of these devices unsafe and potentially dangerous.

You said "If you own a car and refuse to change the oil, how long will that car last?". Well, I would ask you this. If you took your car in for a simple oil change, or even changed it yourself as many do, would you ever expect that after that oil change you would be no longer be able to drive your car? No, you wouldn't. You would expect that you would be right back on the road. Not always the case ......

Many years ago I was an Auto Mechanic. I mostly did Heavy Repair, engines, transmissions, etc., but when it got slow, just to keep busy, or if a customer specifically requested me to work on their car I would do light repair, like oil changes, etc.. One particular day, a long time customer had purchased  brand new Cadillac, and it was time for the first oil change. I put the car on the rack, drained the oil, replaced the filter, and filled the engine with clean new oil. I lowered the car, started it up, and the engine sounded like it did not have a drop of oil, and the oil light was on. I was beside myself. I put a pressure gauge on the engine and the pressure was 0. I had to then go tell the customer what happened, and inform them they could not drive their car.

For the sake of keeping this story short and not go off topic, after much research, and back then there was no Google, that this issue was caused by a defective O ring. There was a service bulletin put out that when the oil drained from the pump, it would lose it's prime, and with the leaky O ring not be able to prime itself again. The only fix was to remove the pan and replace the O ring. Not what I wanted to hear, but to get the car off my hoist, and make the customer happy I did it, and away she went day's later, after having to rent a car.

The parallel here, is a simple oil change on a very expensive car should not result in the customer having to walk home. Even though this was a bad situation, GM admitted they had an issue, provided me the parts and procedure to fix it.

Doing a firmware update should not result in having your device grounded, but if it does, DJI should do the right thing and give you the procedure to fix it or go back. They have done neither, nor have they admitted there is an issue.

Some People that have changed firmware versions and had issues, have been convinced to send in their P4 for "repair", only to pay a couple hundred bucks for supposed replacement defective parts and receive their P4 back with 602 on it, when other people with identical problems simply revert to 602 and fix the problem. This is dishonest.

For you to somehow actually believe that this is somehow the fault of the owner leaves me shaking my head. As For your low percentage estimate of faulty firmware updates, well, not everyone posts on this forum. The percentage I am sure is much much higher than that. I have a neighbor that is not on this forum, and is having the same issue. Should I tell him it is his imagaination? His Fault?

Somehow I get the feeling you are peeing on my shoe and trying to convince me it is raining out

As far as lawsuits go, don't be to sure. There are some pretty smart people out there.

2017-9-4
Use props
CraigR
lvl.3
Australia

Barnston Posted at 2017-9-4 06:07
Thanks DroneGuyEd for injecting some sanity into this discussion.
After over 40 years of computer engineering experience I can add that if  a successful firmware update depends on an intermediate software product safeguards should be in place to ensure that this software is correctly installed before the firmware update is processed. If DJI have failed to do this or they have allowed incorrect update processes to take place then they (DJI)  are at fault.
This being said the effects that I have experienced, and read about, point to either a failure in the firmware or an incorrect firmware upgrade process, both of which must be the responsibility of DJI.

As an embedded programmer (I only have 25 years of active experience in the field) I completely agree with this comment. It's what I've been /trying/ to say in my previous comments. The "devices" in question are the drone and the remote control unit (RC). These have microprocessors on them (ARM I think but I haven't looked it up) and it's on these microprocessors that the firmware runs. A connected peripheral device (like a tablet or a phone) has, really, nothing to do with running the firmware code -- the firmware is solidly on the drone and the RC only. DGI doesn't have to support thousands of different products for the firmware (the DJI Go App is an entirely different issue), but just the devices (drones and batteries and RCs) that they manufacture and have entire control over. If there is a firmware problem because the microprocessors on their devices (which is the case with firmware) cannot run efficiently, correctly, etc, or the microprocessor cannot handle the load then the responsibility for that falls unobjectionably on DJI and not end-users and whatever peripheral device they may or may not be using -- the firmware must run on the microprocessors built into the drone/RC/battery.

For those that still don't believe that things like hovering are controlled entirely by the drone (using the firmware and having nothing to do at all with peripheral devices like tablets/phones) here is a simple experiment. Fly the drone without a tablet or phone connected. Does the drone hover? Yes? How is it doing this?... by magic. No it's not magic. The firmware controlling that hover capability or GPS position or barometric sensing or whatever is on the drone itself. It's pretty easy to test if you don't believe me that flight firmware has nothing to do with tablets or phones or goggles or whatever.

2017-9-4
Use props
CraigR
lvl.3
Australia

@Barnston
The comments about testing without a phone/tablet and, in fact, my entire response wasn't directed at you (I'm sure you understand already). I quoted you because yours was one of the first posts not full of misinformation. Sorry if there could be misunderstanding.
2017-9-4
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

Trump Posted at 2017-9-3 19:35
This particular issue is for the sake of this conversation is directly related to the P4, not the P4P. If you have a P4, I would dare you to update the firmware. More than an excellannt chance you would no longer be able to fly. This is directly related to Firmware specifically for the P4. It appears the Inspire people are having issues of their own, which does not apply here

I have a P4 and updated the firmware right after it came out and have had no problems, love it.  Just saying
2017-9-4
Use props
Barnston
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81936 ft
United Kingdom

CraigR no problem, I understand and completely agree with your post. I'm sure DJI understand that some of us have problems after the last firmware update and that they have a measure of responsibility to correct the situation, but, they must be aware that time is running out for them to act before serious reputational damage occurs. I have decided to give them two more weeks and if they don't correct the problem then I will employ other sources to return my P4 to its pre-update stability. I hope it doesn't come to that but if it does I will be reluctant to purchase from DJI in future.
2017-9-4
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 04:59
Aloha fans0,

Do you know where the technical requirements for the tablet have been published by DJI? I would love to read them.

As far as I knew, when purchasing our hardware, there were no minimum requirements for the DJI GO apps.
2017-9-4
Use props
info.overexposu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 544055 ft
Netherlands

I fly drones and RC Helicams for almost 10 years now and yes this P4 problem is firmware related. I also downgraded and I have no more problems.
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pakawan Posted at 2017-9-4 04:01
"The real problem with the latest firmware DJI has provided for DJI customers is that it is very fast and very demanding.  A few customers do not have devices that are fast enough or can meet the demand of the firmware, or in some cases have not downloaded or installed the firmware properly.  The firmware operates as designed and very well for people who are well equipped and installed properly."

You're really funny

Aloha Pakawan,

By downgrading your firmware, you have returned to a slower, less demanding firmware.  You no longer have the bells and whistles that the new firmware was intended to provide.  It works like it used to but it is not as good as DJI wants your system to be.  If you work with DJI, your system can be as good as DJI wants your system to be.  It is up to you.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pakawan Posted at 2017-9-4 04:18
What do you think about someone have downgrade firmware to v01.02.0602 and got flight stability again?

What do you think about this?

Aloha Pakawan,

Look at my post #59.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Deep^Blue Posted at 2017-9-4 04:34
I don't think I have to say anything more than, my device is listed on the supported product list, that should be also everything you need to think about that. If DJI supports it, you might as well shut up about it.
I am 100% sure, flying without my device yields the same problems so you might as well stop trying to make it anything else than a firmware issue.
Updated using latest DJI Assistant 2, two times over.

Aloha Deep^Blue,

All we can do is try to provide help for you.  If you choose to refuse the assistance, it is your choice and you will have to live with it.  The DJI firmware works just fine if an appropriate device is used and the firmware is downloaded and installed properly.  Waiting for DJI to come out with a new firmware will require that you miss using this firmware version.  DJI has removed approved devices from the list when it has been revealed that they are not powerful enough anymore.  

It is highly likely that the next firmware update will be even more powerful and demanding than the current version.  If you do everything with the next firmware like you did with this version, you will probably end up with the same problems.  And you may find that your device is no longer on the approved devices list.  This is cutting edge technology.  You have to keep up with the technology.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CraigR Posted at 2017-9-4 04:47
Do you understand what firmware is? The only "devices" it relies on are the AC and the RC. Firmware has nothing to do with the Android or whatever that you may or may not use. Getting a new tablet or whatever has no effect, at all, on what the firmware is doing to control flight stability and the other myriad things that the firmware does.

Aloha Craig,

You are flying a network of three computers, the RC, AC and your device.  All three computers have firmware and the device has an app.  The parts of the network have to interact properly with each other.  That means that the more powerful firmware that is shown to work very well thousands of times a day on remote controllers and aircraft needs an appropriately powerful device to process the input from the more powerful firmware on the RC and AC.  The new firmware increases calculations exponentially and that stresses the device.  The device can be streamlined to only operate with the RC and AC and with no background apps or downloads but that can only go so far until it needs more powerful processors and more RAM.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CraigR Posted at 2017-9-4 05:04
I'm serious... learn what firmware is (please?) If the device that the firmware is meant to run on -- in this case the Phantom or it's RC -- it is 100% DJI's responsibility to ensure that the device is capable of running the firmware code efficiently. Firmware has absolutely nothing to do with what tablet/phone you're using and I think that this is where you're getting confused.

Aloha Craig,

Please see my post #62.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-9-4 05:28
Aloha Cetacean

I posted my version of the exact same video on day 2 after updating.  Pretty much the exact same thing... 60 seconds of flying and watching my bird buck.

Aloha Matt,

Repeating myself appears to not be communicating with you and some of the others.  You have to work with DJI to solve your problem with your firmware installation.  The P4 Pro has a much more powerful flight computer than the P4 and the P4 Pro firmware is able to be much more powerful.

When DJI GO 4 first came out, the P4 was able to still use the DJI GO app because it had a less powerful flight computer firmware.  Now the P4 has had its firmware upgraded so much that it requires DJI GO 4 in order to operate.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-9-4 05:59
Not sure I understand your point, the firmware problems acknowledged by the DJI reps here can be fixed using only the power of positive thinking?

Aloha Cian,

When DJI comes out and says there is a firmware issue, then I will believe that there is a firmware issue.  But, so far, the only thing I have heard from DJI reps is that there are problems with downloads and installations and some of the devices are not powerful enough to work properly with the new firmware.

Both these instances have been demonstrated on this Forum and the DJI enthusiasts that have done as suggested are today flying their birds as designed by DJI.  You can choose to do as suggested or you can choose to not do as suggested.  It is your choice.  Do you want to fly or not?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 15:16
Aloha Matt,

Repeating myself appears to not be communicating with you and some of the others.  You have to work with DJI to solve your problem with your firmware installation.  The P4 Pro has a much more powerful flight computer than the P4 and the P4 Pro firmware is able to be much more powerful.

QUIT IT! THIS IS NONSENCE! NOBODY WILL REPLY! DID YOU HEAR ME?
2017-9-4
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 01:00
Aloha fanscf5,

The reason you do not hear from DJI is because companies, and people in general, do not like to tell people that after spending $$$$$ on a product, that to fly that product successfully, you need to get a better device to run the app that flies the bird.  Sad but true.  The market dictum is in fact, let the buyer beware.  You need good technology to fly cutting edge technology.

How long do we have to hear this crap from you?

You're just one big ignorant from one end to another, do you really not think that we are a lot of users that have tried every possible thing to get the issues solved, only thing that work is to rule the firmware back to pre. June release.

And your crap about it is the device that is the reason, then please explain why the + models with build in device has the very same issues, this is all a result of a very badd firmware relase and nothing else.
2017-9-4
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 15:24
Aloha Cian,

When DJI comes out and says there is a firmware issue, then I will believe that there is a firmware issue.  But, so far, the only thing I have heard from DJI reps is that there are problems with downloads and installations and some of the devices are not powerful enough to work properly with the new firmware.

Re your comment ..."When DJI comes out and says there is a firmware issue, then I will believe that there is a firmware issue"

Suggesting that the firmware faults are somehow the owner's fault is insulting to many experienced posters who have tried everything to make the new firmware work correctly. Magically, when those same people revert to the previous firmware, all is OK again.
There is absolutely no doubt that DJI released the P4 firmware with insufficient testing and that the latest firmware has caused a multitude of problems for many people. As far as DJI admitting there's a problem, I don't recall them ever doing that with any firmware.
DJI is quick to make mistakes and painfully slow to rectify them.
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

1HPC Posted at 2017-9-4 02:11
Hi
Please help after downgrade to 0602 I am not alowed to fly more than 30 m up an 50m width , have logged out an in again on software but it dont help ?
APP ver 4.1.7

Aloha 1HPC,

Lucky I just came across your post.  Go to PhantomHelp.com and look in the right column for "Software".  In there you will find old versions of DJI GO and/or DJI GO 4 depending on what you are flying.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Trump Posted at 2017-9-4 06:14
Cetacean, I don't even know what to think of your response, it is mostly surreal. This problem is real. The problem was caused by the firmware, the process, or a combination of both period. To somehow infer that this is somehow the fault of the owner is ludicrous. It is not the fault of the owner, or the download process, or the process.

I don't have the answer, but over the last couple of months I have encouraged those who have not changed firmware not to, and have encouraged people who have and have been grounded as a result to revert. Those who have listened to me on both points have continued to fly, those who have not are grounded.

Aloha Trump,

This is weird, I think I remember that "O" ring issue as part of a consumer complaint issue, so your  story is very real to me.  But, you seem to be comparing apples with oranges when you point toward this issue with your story.

Sorry, but I have to stand on my numerous other posts on this subject.  You can either solve your problem and learn that there is not a firmware issue or you can not fly.  It is your choice.

As for lawsuits, the DJI agreement with us is a standard and time tested agreement.  DJI has gone the extra step of agreeing to binding arbitration.  The US Supreme Court has already weighed in on these IP agreement issues.  I think the term is, "it is decided already."

Now, as to POTUS, this is cool, if you like.  My "friend" (the term is used loosely here) is married to a Japanese woman whose father bought numerous "trophy" properties in the US and Europe.  One of those properties is the land under the Empire State Building.  The father could not figure out how to break the 110 year lease on that property.  So, he gave (yes, gave) half that property to POTUS (before he became POTUS) under the condition that he break the lease somehow since he was such a major real estate mogul.  Never happen to this day.

So, having the best attorneys that money can buy does not allow a lawsuit where "it is decided already".  If you and others want to waste your time waiting for perfectly good firmware to be "fixed", that is your choice.  Maybe you and the others should go for binding arbitration?  I have no idea since I have been fortunate enough to have a  device (or had a device that was stolen!) that works like a champ.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 17:36
Aloha Trump,

This is weird, I think I remember that "O" ring issue as part of a consumer complaint issue, so your  story is very real to me.  But, you seem to be comparing apples with oranges when you point toward this issue with your story.

LOL! I certainly give you props for your determination. You don't give up. God bless you, however you are wrong. My best to you!
OH! By the way, arbitration ... that only stands in civil maters, not in fraud. Fraud is another matter alltogether.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On as well! (As long as you are not convicted of a Felony)

;-)
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-4 11:49
Do you know where the technical requirements for the tablet have been published by DJI? I would love to read them.

As far as I knew, when purchasing our hardware, there were no minimum requirements for the DJI GO apps.

Aloha paraviz,

Sorry, because this is cutting edge technology, those technical requirements are not listed in a manual.  To list them in a manual, the manual would have to be dated and any developments after that date would nullify the specs.  This is counter-productive.  When is the last time you saw DJI update their approved devices list.  Like forever!  There is a reason why this happens.

But, currently, those technical requirements appear to be a multi-processor with 1.2 GHz or higher speed and 2 GB of RAM.  Now this is approaching a year old.  One of the contributors has a device that is 3 or 4 years old that in its day was very fast and met the specs but he still experienced problems.  He bought a new device (Android)  with equal to or even less specs and it actually performed flawlessly.  Now, how does that happen!

Obviously, there is device firmware that is addressing issues separately from Operating System improvements.  So you need to have a device that is one year old or less as part of the spec.

People jump on me all over this issue and I only understand the deepest theory involved.  I have no idea about recent developments and specs, but there are extenuating circumstances that determine whether your device will work or not.

My friend works for a technology innovation and engineering company here and he is their drone pilot designate.  He needs a device that will work or it will cost him his job!  As part of my efforts to assist him, I have recommended the ASUS ZenPad 10 tablet suggested by Dirty Bird.  This tablet has nice bells and whistles but is not recommended by DJI yet.  DB says it flies real well and I trust DB.  The large display size (9.7 inch) will be very helpful in an engineering environment.  The display does fit in the Remote Controller display holder.  I have no stock or interest in ASUS except that they make nice equipment and I buy their products when I have a choice.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 18:32
Aloha paraviz,

Sorry, because this is cutting edge technology, those technical requirements are not listed in a manual.  To list them in a manual, the manual would have to be dated and any developments after that date would nullify the specs.  This is counter-productive.  When is the last time you saw DJI update their approved devices list.  Like forever!  There is a reason why this happens.

Cetacean....  what up?  All good on the island?  U seem to be waging a bit of a nonsensicle war.  No insult to you, nothing but respect for a fellow pilot who speaks with passion.  But I kinda think you are swinging a baseball bat to kill flies.  ;-)
2017-9-4
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a firmware problem, and dji recognized that. A beta firmware was issued to some users experiencing the problem, and they are still working on it.

I agree that there may be some inexperienced users out there, but it is statistically impossible that all of us are misusing the drone exactly the same way.
My P4 is a couple of months old and worked perfectly before the update. I updated the firmware using dji assistant, refreshed, with/without the card, etc.
And I am still getting the wobbling and the random camera shutdowns at 4K@30. I use a new iPad Pro and a 64GB Samsung Pro + SD card.
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Trump Posted at 2017-9-4 15:20
QUIT IT! THIS IS NONSENCE! NOBODY WILL REPLY! DID YOU HEAR ME?

Aloha Trump,

Wow, scolded by POTUS!  That does not happen every day!  I will continue to speak to the facts, sorry.
I thought you and others might like to have that assurance.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KEDDK Posted at 2017-9-4 15:30
How long do we have to hear this crap from you?

You're just one big ignorant from one end to another, do you really not think that we are a lot of users that have tried every possible thing to get the issues solved, only thing that work is to rule the firmware back to pre. June release.

Aloha KED,

As long as a perfectly good firmware keeps getting a bad rap from contributors who refuse to follow suggestions, I will defend the firmware.  When DJI comes out and says there is a problem, like DJI Thor did about the P4 drifting, I will defer to DJI on the subject.

I refuse to follow the advice of those on this Forum who refuse to do what is suggested and have the true quality of the firmware revealed to them.  If you do not want to do what is suggested, find another forum to complain on.  Otherwise, I will poke holes in all your arguments and point out how you do not follow DJI's suggestions.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JockC Posted at 2017-9-4 17:01
Re your comment ..."When DJI comes out and says there is a firmware issue, then I will believe that there is a firmware issue"

Suggesting that the firmware faults are somehow the owner's fault is insulting to many experienced posters who have tried everything to make the new firmware work correctly. Magically, when those same people revert to the previous firmware, all is OK again.

Aloha Jock,

Sorry, but I have to take exception to your comment.  You do not understand the nature of firmware in DJI cutting edge technology.  Read my extensive posts on this issue so you can understand why you have a problem with DJI's fully functioning firmware.  (Try say that fast three times!)

DJI Thor pointed out that DJI is addressing the P4 drifting issue.  I accept that.  Issue closed.  DJI will provide a firmware update to fix that issue and others that are reported and documented.  That is the way a cutting edge company is supposed to operate.  I like that and appreciate it.  Mahalo Thor!

The big question is though:  Will you update the drifting fix?  Or will you keep waiting or roll back your firmware to versions that do not have the bells and whistles that up-to-date firmware has.  Maybe when you do a proper update, it will work this time instead of the download and installation problems we keep talking about.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Trump Posted at 2017-9-4 18:02
LOL! I certainly give you props for your determination. You don't give up. God bless you, however you are wrong. My best to you!
OH! By the way, arbitration ... that only stands in civil maters, not in fraud. Fraud is another matter alltogether.

Aloha Trump,

Fraud requires intent.  All DJI has to establish is that the firmware works properly, which is done thousands of times a day, in order to establish that DJI provides a good product and that those who complain are attempting fraud by making false accusations and refusing to follow manufacturers guidelines.  Simple as a slam dunk!

In a month or two, we will be laughing about our latest videos.  LOL!  No worries.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-4
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-9-4 18:51
Cetacean....  what up?  All good on the island?  U seem to be waging a bit of a nonsensicle war.  No insult to you, nothing but respect for a fellow pilot who speaks with passion.  But I kinda think you are swinging a baseball bat to kill flies.  ;-)

No. He is peeing on our shoes desperately trying to convince us it is raining outside! LOL! Let him go. If he is happy, I am happy! Everything is in harmony. PEACE! <grin> The firmware is perfect {:4_177:}
2017-9-4
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-4 19:29
Aloha Trump,

Fraud requires intent.  All DJI has to establish is that the firmware works properly, which is done thousands of times a day, in order to establish that DJI provides a good product and that those who complain are attempting fraud by making false accusations and refusing to follow manufacturers guidelines.  Simple as a slam dunk!

Have a good night my Friend!
2017-9-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules