Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles Never Delivered- Refused to send replacement/refund
5277 18 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doeboynmek
New

United States

I had a set of Goggles that I ordered 3 months ago, I have been back and forth and DJI made me file a police report so they could file an insurance claim with their personal insurance. Now they're telling me that they cannot issue a refund, because the claim was denied?

My goggles were unfortunately never delivered and signed by some random name (nowhere near my name or the names of the people that live in my home) when they were supposed to be delivered, I ordered them way back in June, it has been months of this and I am out 449 and no Goggles, I am so extremly frustrated, if ANYONE could help.

Is my only option to take them to court??

I ordered them through Amazon but through the official DJI store.

Mods, anyone, please help me.
2017-9-3
Use props
doeboynmek
New

United States

I also realized this might be in the wrong thread so mods please move if it is.
2017-9-3
Use props
FlyingLocksmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154206 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know how it works in the US but over here in the UK whoever took your money is the person/organisation you sue. I recently ordered something from Amazon Marketplace and it never arrived. Amazon refused to refund me, stating I had to fight out out with the 3rd party supplier. I reminded Amazon of their legal obligations and threatened them with legal action. 5 days later full refund.
Have you contacted Amazon? Bully them into investigating this for you, as I'm hearing it's all too easy for them to say nothing to do with us. A random signature does NOT prove you received the goods, as unfortunately it is perfectly possible for a rogue delivery agent to sign for it pretending it was you. I've had experience of this over here years ago
Hope it all works out for you
2017-9-3
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Sucks op feel bad for u as that is a lot of money! Hopefully u get things cleared up. Gl
2017-9-3
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

If DJI asks you to file a police report, you should go to the police, tell them DJI took your money but never delivered the product. I am not sure why this would help DJI though ;-)

Seriously, If the product was delivered to a random name, this should definitely not be your problem. DJI needs to get this sorted out themselves. Of course, you can support by telling them hat you never got the package and have no idea whose name this is. But everything else should be up to DJI and the shipping company.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sincerely sorry for your case, could you please provide us with your order number so we can check?
2017-9-4
Use props
doeboynmek
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-4 00:04
Sincerely sorry for your case, could you please provide us with your order number so we can check?

This was the order #113-6348461-0443469
2017-9-4
Use props
doeboynmek
New

United States

FlyingLocksmith Posted at 2017-9-3 23:05
I don't know how it works in the US but over here in the UK whoever took your money is the person/organisation you sue. I recently ordered something from Amazon Marketplace and it never arrived. Amazon refused to refund me, stating I had to fight out out with the 3rd party supplier. I reminded Amazon of their legal obligations and threatened them with legal action. 5 days later full refund.
Have you contacted Amazon? Bully them into investigating this for you, as I'm hearing it's all too easy for them to say nothing to do with us. A random signature does NOT prove you received the goods, as unfortunately it is perfectly possible for a rogue delivery agent to sign for it pretending it was you. I've had experience of this over here years ago
Hope it all works out for you

I filed what’s called an AZ claim and they denied it. :/
2017-9-4
Use props
doeboynmek
New

United States

Dronoob Posted at 2017-9-4 00:04
If DJI asks you to file a police report, you should go to the police, tell them DJI took your money but never delivered the product. I am not sure why this would help DJI though ;-)

Seriously, If the product was delivered to a random name, this should definitely not be your problem. DJI needs to get this sorted out themselves. Of course, you can support by telling them hat you never got the package and have no idea whose name this is. But everything else should be up to DJI and the shipping company.

I filed the police report already and they said it was so they can file the insurance claim, a claim that was denied apparently?? I’m so upset
2017-9-4
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Germany

doeboynmek Posted at 2017-9-4 03:19
I filed the police report already and they said it was so they can file the insurance claim, a claim that was denied apparently?? I’m so upset

OK, let's have a look at this from a legal point of view:

You (the customer) buy a product from DJI including a shipping service to your home address. You have a contract with DJI and it says "DJI delivers a product right to you. You pay $$$".

DJI manufactures your product and hands it over to a shipping company. DJI pays the shipping company for the shipping service. DJI has a contract with the shipping company. The contract says: DJI pays $$$. Shipping company gets the package sent to the specified destination address. Whole process can be tracked.

If, for whatever reason, you do not receive the product, your contract partner is DJI. DJI takes the money, DJI is responsible to get the product to you. If the product was delivered to the wrong address (but you specified the correct address) it is a problem between DJI and the shipping company. Of course, you should assist them to find out what went wrong (which you already did).

The police report already is a bit weird. All YOU can say is: DJI took your money and never delivered. Remember! Your contract partner is DJI and DJI did not deliver.

If it takes DJI ages to get this sorted out and you have no product, DJI did not fulfill the contract. You should ask them to fulfill the contract and give them some time to handle this. If they still do not fulfill the contract, ask your money back.

The only real issue I can think of is when DJI says, that the product has been delivered to exactly your address and the person who opened the door signed with "a random name". In that case the shipping problem might become your problem, as DJI has to prove the delivery and you have to prove that DJI is wrong.
2017-9-4
Use props
doeboynmek
New

United States

Dronoob Posted at 2017-9-4 05:58
OK, let's have a look at this from a legal point of view:

You (the customer) buy a product from DJI including a shipping service to your home address. You have a contract with DJI and it says "DJI delivers a product right to you. You pay $$$".

This is going to be an uphill battle and it’s frustrating that it has to be with a company as big as DJI
2017-9-4
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Germany

doeboynmek Posted at 2017-9-4 09:34
This is going to be an uphill battle and it’s frustrating that it has to be with a company as big as DJI

If DJI is not able to solve this issue quickly, you might want to check if e.g. your credit card company can jump in and get your money back. This would put you on top of the hill where you can relax and wait for what is coming next. This should be the last solution once you are quite sure that DJI fails to solve this.

I also do not understand why a company as big as DJI behaves this way. A really customer-friendly solution would have been to check with the shipping company, see that something went wrong and send out another package to you. Then DJI could solve the issue with the shipping company while you are a happy customer.

Instead, DJI make their problem your problem. You go to the forum and make your problem a public problem. People read this and decide not to buy from DJI directly anymore. I have read in local forums many recommendations to not buy directly from DJI because their customer service is bad. Examples have been cases like yours and drones that just fell from the sky which DJI initially classified as pilot error. So the recommendation is: Buy from a retailer in your country that takes legal rules seriously and provides proper customer service in case you need it. There are also many countries in which the warranty time exceeds DJI's warranty times by far. E.g. Europe has a warranty time of up to 2 years.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

doeboynmek Posted at 2017-9-4 03:14
This was the order #113-6348461-0443469

Hi there, I had checked your order, and the package had sent to the address that you provided on Amazon and was signed on 6/13/2017, please refer to the picture below. Since it was sent and signed, and the Goggles were also activated already, we have done all we could do for you. Appreciate your understanding.
05135AB0-8424-36C1-AEB5-3857EBBC2880.png

2017-9-5
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-5 00:42
Hi there, I had checked your order, and the package had sent to the address that you provided on Amazon and was signed on 6/13/2017, please refer to the picture below. Since it was sent and signed, and the Goggles were also activated already, we have done all we could do for you. Appreciate your understanding.
[view_image]

This proof of delivery does not say much. It states that the package had been delivered but it does not say to what address. It could still be that the package was delivered to the wrong address. @DJI Thor: Maybe you can get some detailed information as offered?

2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dronoob Posted at 2017-9-5 01:46
This proof of delivery does not say much. It states that the package had been delivered but it does not say to what address. It could still be that the package was delivered to the wrong address. @DJI Thor: Maybe you can get some detailed information as offered?

Please check this one with delivery address and signature. proof of delivery.png
2017-9-5
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-5 22:59
Please check this one with delivery address and signature.[view_image]

You said, that the Goggles have been activated already. So, I wonder if in case of such a dispute DJI is able to de-activate products.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dronoob Posted at 2017-9-5 23:48
You said, that the Goggles have been activated already. So, I wonder if in case of such a dispute DJI is able to de-activate products.

The DJI device once was activated by customers, it is unable to be removed, we cannot do that.
And the activation info was recorded in our server, the activation email address was similar to OP's name in Forum, our sales team has explained to OP with evidence.
2017-9-6
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 19:57
The DJI device once was activated by customers, it is unable to be removed, we cannot do that.
And the activation info was recorded in our server, the activation email address was similar to OP's name in Forum, our sales team has explained to OP with evidence.

This indeed gives the whole story a turn. I guess, this is "game over" now.
2017-9-6
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Well.... what happened to the goggles?
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules