16308 27 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NFC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
Portugal

Hi,

I bought a micro sd  card samsung pro 64 gb for my inpire 2,  whne i´m shooting in video 4k d log mode the video stop recording after 1 - 2 minutes .... With the lexar 32gb and 16gb the video never shut off.

I try another one a sndish extreme pro and the instpire 2 doesn´t recognize tihis.. I spend a lot in these two cards,  both work  well in my mavic pro with 4k video and dlog why they don´t work on inspire 2 (???), namely de samsung that is the recommended card from DJI....

Waiting your help because I need more cards to my inspire and I DONT KNOW WHAT CAN I BUY....
2017-9-4
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Not sure if this would help, and maybe you've already done this ... But can you try formatting the card using the DJI GO 4 app?

And when the Inspire 2 stops recording after that period of time, how big are your files? Are they at 4GB?

There's a slight possibility (I've done this before in another device) that your cards have been formatted in a different file type than the FAT32 or whatever that DJI reads. Even then, it shouldn't stop recording that quickly, even at 4K.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please follow the advice at 2#. Formatting your SD card in FAT32. I would recommend you use UHS-3 SD card as UHS-1 will stop recording in inspire 2.
If the problem still exists, please inform us. Thanks.
2017-9-4
Use props
NFC
lvl.2
Portugal

Thanks I already format the card, I will try to buy a uhs-3 card any sugestions? thanks
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

NFC Posted at 2017-9-5 01:15
Thanks I already format the card, I will try to buy a uhs-3 card any sugestions? thanks

Here is the recommended list:
Panasonic 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
Sandisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
Sony 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
Lexar 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
Sandisk Extreme 32GB UHS-3 MicroSDHC
Sandisk Extreme 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC
Panasonic 32GB UHS-3 MicroSDHC
Panasonic 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC
2017-9-5
Use props
NFC
lvl.2
Portugal

Thank you!
2017-9-5
Use props
fans5c247cfc
New
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-5 01:32

what's the largest sd card capacity the inspire 2 support?
2017-11-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is possible you got a counterfeit SD card. you might want to double check the true capacity of the chip.  I hope you did not get a fake SD card.
Rich

Testing for Fake flash memory

2017-11-18
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to Format the cards in the individual aircraft that they will be used in. You have two different camera systems.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans5c247cfc Posted at 2017-11-18 14:58

The largest SD card capacity for inspire 2 we support is 128G.
2017-11-20
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

I purchased two Samsung Pro Plus 128gb UHS-3 cards via Amazon for $121.00.  Tons of storage on the card and they work great!
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans5c247cfc Posted at 2017-11-18 14:58

Please note that inspire 2 can support 128G SD card.
2017-11-21
Use props
NYPJ2006
New

Can someone please recommend what's the largest Micro SD card capacity for Inspire 2? Is it still 128GB?
Thank you.
2018-5-3
Use props
ICarrascosa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3356 ft
Spain

The problem with all this is that if you have the 480GB SSD it does not help, since the maximum capacity of the SD is 128GB if the storage of the SSD is filled by a lot of hard disk that we have, it is not useful, we should change the SD for another to continue recording.  To my Inspire 2 it continues happening that in CrystalSky they count the seconds or minutes that this recording and it is seen in the screen that records, but when I open the file in the PC, as I see more of each of them 16s I do not know why. Can somebody help me??  In this DJI has to give a quick solution, apart from the recording itself to which you can not record without the SSD, why else does it serve a high capacity SSD?  I have DJI Care Refresh and warranty of the device, I wanted to ask them since I do not enjoy having to send the device if necessary outside of Spain, since I have it impeccable and there are users who have received the drone, scratched and bruised. If necessary, could you review it in Spain?
2018-5-9
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

ICarrascosa Posted at 2018-5-9 12:14
The problem with all this is that if you have the 480GB SSD it does not help, since the maximum capacity of the SD is 128GB if the storage of the SSD is filled by a lot of hard disk that we have, it is not useful, we should change the SD for another to continue recording.  To my Inspire 2 it continues happening that in CrystalSky they count the seconds or minutes that this recording and it is seen in the screen that records, but when I open the file in the PC, as I see more of each of them 16s I do not know why. Can somebody help me??  In this DJI has to give a quick solution, apart from the recording itself to which you can not record without the SSD, why else does it serve a high capacity SSD?  I have DJI Care Refresh and warranty of the device, I wanted to ask them since I do not enjoy having to send the device if necessary outside of Spain, since I have it impeccable and there are users who have received the drone, scratched and bruised. If necessary, could you review it in Spain?

@ICarrascosa@ I don't fully understand the problem you are facing.  The SD Card and the CineSSD solid state drive are both accessible as different devices, and you can select between them in the DJI Go4 App.  You can store photos and MP4 files on both of them.  The CineSSD drive has a very fast sequential write speed above 400 MB/sec and so you can record video RAW (DNGRAW) and PRORES format video to it.  These formats of video require a very fast storage system, and the CineSSD drive was made for that purpose.  There is no current SD card on the market that is fast enough to record DNGRAW or PRORES video footage.  Does this answer your question?
2018-5-9
Use props
D Allen
lvl.1
United States

To the admins,  I do not understand why you post that 128gb is the highest capacity microsd card the i2 will support. I have never owned an electronic image capturing device that limited the memory storage device size, not had the ability to. Kindly explain.

Sandisk makes a new 400GB extreme microsd card with video  speeds of V305 , U35  and A27.
2018-5-21
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

D Allen Posted at 2018-5-21 01:34
To the admins,  I do not understand why you post that 128gb is the highest capacity microsd card the i2 will support. I have never owned an electronic image capturing device that limited the memory storage device size, not had the ability to. Kindly explain.

Sandisk makes a new 400GB extreme microsd card with video  speeds of V305 , U35  and A27.

Actually most devices do limit the card capacity. For instance I have a Dash Cam in my car that is limited to 32 GB and a small Olympus Digital Recorder that the max is 32 GB as well. Mindy is correct in that the I2 is 128 GB max on the Micro SD. I am not sure and this is just a guess but, it may be due to the Buffer?
2018-5-21
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>

Just to add to this, I've just purchase  2 x SanDisk Extreme A1 U3 64gb micro's with claimed speeds of 100MB's per sec,  both of which start to record in 4K for about 7 seconds then stop, needing a reboot or taking out of the bird while still on to regain control.  So I would avoid those, unless bad batch??
Regards

Phil
Micro sd.jpg
2018-7-6
Use props
UpInTheAir80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15036 ft

I just ordered an Inspire 2. What is the max size micro SD card that this machine will accept? I have several class 3, 128GB cards, just wanting to know if they will work. If not, I need to order other cards.
2018-7-8
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>

I've just tried to use the 150mb/s Lexar Pro 1000x UHS-I MicroSDXC Class 10, which you would have thought would handle huge files...nada. Kept crashing after 7 sec of 4K recording.

The one I've found which does work for 4K is the Samsung Pro Endurance microsSDXC UHS-I Class 10

Also I tend to buy smaller cards (64gigs), which I replace with a new one every battery change just in case you loose the bird and all the days footage!

UpInTheAir80 -  I would read the thread, Mindy posted the answer
2018-7-11
Use props
fans9f85da53
lvl.3
Flight distance : 502982 ft
United States

NYPJ2006 Posted at 2018-5-3 14:27
Can someone please recommend what's the largest Micro SD card capacity for Inspire 2? Is it still 128GB?
Thank you.

Yes the Samsung 128gb micro SD card is the largest one that is supported by the DJI Inspire 2. I use it all the time and it never gives me any problems.
2018-9-24
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-5-9 12:41
@ICarrascosa@ I don't fully understand the problem you are facing.  The SD Card and the CineSSD solid state drive are both accessible as different devices, and you can select between them in the DJI Go4 App.  You can store photos and MP4 files on both of them.  The CineSSD drive has a very fast sequential write speed above 400 MB/sec and so you can record video RAW (DNGRAW) and PRORES format video to it.  These formats of video require a very fast storage system, and the CineSSD drive was made for that purpose.  There is no current SD card on the market that is fast enough to record DNGRAW or PRORES video footage.  Does this answer your question?

What he is talking about is, that You have to use both SD and SSD at the same time. You can't choose
to only record on SSD.
What He say is, that when he do that, the SD card is running short on storage much earlier than the SSD do.
I uges the solution for him is, to change resolution of video recorded  to the SD card, if he only need the high resolution video recorded to the SSD.

Anyway, its a bit annoying that you can't record on SSD without having the SD card attached?!
2018-9-24
Use props
fans9f85da53
lvl.3
United States

I use a Samsung 128gb UHS 3 micro SD card and it works fine
2018-9-25
Use props
Matthew Mixon
New

I just purchased a 128 GB Samsung EVO that I am using in my Inspire 1 Version 2 drone and Zenmuse XT 640 thermal camera.  Just the other day, after recording with the camera and taking snips throughout the video, when returning home and uploading the video and image files, all of my snips were "blacked out".  This is a brand new SD card and I formatted it through the DJI Go app before using.  I called DJI Support yesterday, and spoke to someone who told me they had to call back due to call volume and they never did, so this seems like my best hope of getting an answer.  Is this black out of all of my snips taken during my flight recording due to my SD card, or is this a camera or computer issue?  I need help!   
2018-10-4
Use props
Inspirephil
lvl.3
United States

Samsung Pro 128gb micro sd cards work great for me. Fairly cheap on Amazon.
2018-10-25
Use props
Inspirephil
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-5 01:32

I use the Samsung Pro 128gb MicroSD card and I really like how well it works.
2018-10-25
Use props
Inspirephil
lvl.3
United States

NYPJ2006 Posted at 2018-5-3 14:27
Thank you.

Yes 128gb is the largest size that is supported.
2018-10-25
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81493 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Can't find a
Samsung Pro Plus 128gb UHS-3 U3 (only a UHS-1 U3)

Have someone tried this one?
SanDisk Extreme MicroSDXC V30 A1 UHS-I U3 128GB
https://www.pricerunner.dk/pl/61 ... B-Sammenlign-Priser
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules