Tech Support Wrong
668 18 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paintballer4l
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70069 ft
United States

I have a case that began on July 4, 2017. All I have received was an invoice. No reason why just an invoice. Flight records show zero pilot stick in hover and the Magic drifted causing it to hit a stationary object. I was preparing a landing as I always do and have done many times in zero mph wind. How is this user error when the Mavic is suppose to hover in place not drifting 4 feet or more, which it has never done even in high winds. So why did they ask for me to upload flight records again after sending invoice and after verbal discussion with Tech support rep? Why did they make a
promise to send to "Chiefs" 9 weeks ago and never correspond back their investigation. Been promised to have correspondence within 3-5 days two weeks ago and notes by tech rep did not input notes. This is poor business and customer support/satisfaction. I have invested a lot of money and being ignored. I am man enough to own my mistakes what about DJI? Ignoring and lying to your customers is not good business. CAS-826988-B1Q8D4
2017-9-4
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I don't suppose you retrieved the DAT file from the flight before sending the Mavic back to DJI, did you? That would be the best indication of what took place, but go ahead and upload the (TXT file) flight log from your mobile device to PhantomHelp using these instructions and post a link to it in this thread if you'd like someone outside of DJI to take a look.
2017-9-4
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I know it's frustrating when people don't keep their commitments. However it's your responsibility to FLY the drone. If you let it drift into a tree without doing anything it's not DJI's fault!
2017-9-4
Use props
paintballer4l
lvl.1
United States

You keep your eye on your drone 100% of the time? I bent down to adjust landing zone and it drifted. I bought DJI product based on their technology not to drift. So yes it's promoted and DJI's fault. Thanks for the reply ghostrdr.
2017-9-4
Use props
paintballer4l
lvl.1
United States

I did everything DJI asked cause I do not want issues. I want turn around. I'm not doing more. I film a lot and love my Mavic and I have missed so many opportunities to film my life experience. I was waiting to see the resolution on this to determine to buy the Phantom pro. Not really interested based on this crap. So disappointed to lose interest because of customer service. Thanks for your reply DroneFlying
2017-9-4
Use props
paintballer4l
lvl.1
United States

FYI,  I talked to Tech Support this morning and was guaranteed a response via email (only). No response so far.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This situation has filled us with regret, we are so sorry for the difficulties you’ve been experiencing. I had checked your case and forwarded this to the designated department and they are going to take care of this for you right now. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-4
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

paintballer4l Posted at 2017-9-4 13:11
You keep your eye on your drone 100% of the time? I bent down to adjust landing zone and it drifted. I bought DJI product based on their technology not to drift. So yes it's promoted and DJI's fault. Thanks for the reply ghostrdr.

You are the pilot of the drone and, as such, are totally responsible for flying it. If it did drift then that can happen for a lot of reasons but you should have landed in a more open area and you should not take your eyes off it when in proximity to objects.  If you were sent an invoice then the data indicated it was your error. Just pay the invoice, get your drone fixed and get back flying.
2017-9-4
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

So uhm.. Are you sure the invoice didn't say "COSTS VOIDED UNDER WARRANTY"?
Because it said that for me, but then continued listing the price..
2017-9-4
Use props
paintballer4l
lvl.1
United States

K4Unl, yeah it should say that. Kick myself if it did. Maybe I should look it over again. DJI tech process isn't very clear.
Thanks
2017-9-5
Use props
paintballer4l
lvl.1
United States

Jenee_2 its only my error because I don't have Care Refresh. Don't start talking about keeping your eyes on your drone 100% of the time. If it was my error I would 100% take responsibility and pay for my mistake and get back flying. I understand the pilot responsibility as a UAV pilot and take every precaution to protect my asset and the people around.
2017-9-5
Use props
paintballer4l
lvl.1
United States

Well I haven't heard from anyone at DJI about my case. I guess right away means whenever.
2017-9-5
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yea but see it is your error....u have to always keep an eye on your drone. Secondly if it drifted 4 feet and hot something why were u so close? Then decided to bend down! Sorry man i try to look at both sides and this looks like user error
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

paintballer4l Posted at 2017-9-5 11:07
Well I haven't heard from anyone at DJI about my case. I guess right away means whenever.

You should have got a call and email by our supervisor and the data analysis is conducting, the result will be sent to you later, appreciate your patience.
2017-9-5
Use props
paintballer4l
lvl.1
United States

$gambino$ All pilots look at the screen for video visual, altitude, distance and fly virtually. These drones are fast in pilot control and out. The technology I paid for is suppose to eleviate this. So please reply logically.
2017-9-6
Use props
paintballer4l
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy, I did receive a call. There is someone in the US to assist. Although I didn't like hearing the same promises DJI didn't follow through with. If you promised a customer many promises and never followed through I would as the leading   Drone manufacturer reward the customer with the best outcome to improve customer loyalty. Send me a new Mavic. At least the community now knows life at DJI is beyond Tech support. Thanks for your reply.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

paintballer4l Posted at 2017-9-6 04:13
DJI Mindy, I did receive a call. There is someone in the US to assist. Although I didn't like hearing the same promises DJI didn't follow through with. If you promised a customer many promises and never followed through I would as the leading   Drone manufacturer reward the customer with the best outcome to improve customer loyalty. Send me a new Mavic. At least the community now knows life at DJI is beyond Tech support. Thanks for your reply.

The data analysis has been completed, the result will be sent to you soon, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer service before, we will learn from this and improve our service.
Please wait patiently for the result.
2017-9-6
Use props
paintballer4l
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy,
You must be kidding me. I don't know where your position is that DJI,  but unpleasant is not the word when you create lies from this past result saying I had a object hanging from my drone and there is the cause of the crash.  User error.  I pray when this hurricane passes and I review my video in the beautiful sunshine he day with no wind showing the shadow of the drone flying around me in active track with no object hanging from my drone. If this Video shows the shadow I will post the video and prove your ignorance and malicious action to screw your customers.  And if I prove it by videod. I expect a brand new Mavic pro platinum.  Just by looking at the flight characteristics through the flight records you should be smart enough to tell there was nothing attached to my Mavic. Elevation increases had a specific rate based on weight plus battery life decreases with increased weight. I can't believe I'm having th elevation increases had a specific rate based on weight plus battery life decreases with increased weight. I can't believe I'm having  to post this. DJI was better off  excepting the truth and do the right thing.  DJI should fire everyone I have been in contact  for your incompetence .
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

paintballer4l Posted at 2017-9-8 05:51
DJI Mindy,
You must be kidding me. I don't know where your position is that DJI,  but unpleasant is not the word when you create lies from this past result saying I had a object hanging from my drone and there is the cause of the crash.  User error.  I pray when this hurricane passes and I review my video in the beautiful sunshine he day with no wind showing the shadow of the drone flying around me in active track with no object hanging from my drone. If this Video shows the shadow I will post the video and prove your ignorance and malicious action to screw your customers.  And if I prove it by videod. I expect a brand new Mavic pro platinum.  Just by looking at the flight characteristics through the flight records you should be smart enough to tell there was nothing attached to my Mavic. Elevation increases had a specific rate based on weight plus battery life decreases with increased weight. I can't believe I'm having th elevation increases had a specific rate based on weight plus battery life decreases with increased weight. I can't believe I'm having  to post this. DJI was better off  excepting the truth and do the right thing.  DJI should fire everyone I have been in contact  for your incompetence .

The result is based on objective flight log. If you have the video, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link to us for further analysis.
I cannot ensure to replace a brand new drone for you, but we will provide proper resolution if you could show us more info.
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules