removed app from phone
776 5 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

I just got my spark last wednesday.  I'm an amputee and so far unable to fly it myself but I hgeard recently there's a VR goggle set that allows me to fly it?  Anyway, I don't have my own cellphone because i have bad hearing anyway so my brother used his and he is one who actually flies it.  

He has a samsung and the app gave him virus alerts and kept him from doing stuff on facebook.  Yesterday he said his completely froze up not using drone or app and he had to remove the app.

My question for ya'll is prior to that he only tried to launch away from home but it wouldn't let him?  I know that's not right cause clearly you can fly it other places.  I have the fly more combo as well so it does have the controller.  I heard about the OTG cable boosting things would that be the answer?  And if i get an ipad will it need to have internet to fly away from home?  If w need to have a cellphone to fly away from home there's no real point in getting a pad.

2017-9-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you get an ipad which is what i use, you don't need internet connection(most don't recommend using internet connection) and OTG cable I think is the way to go.
2017-9-4
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Maybe it didn't let him fly because of the compulsory update you need to have - released a few days ago. Also, there's an app on the AppStore called "Spark Pro". It lets you use apple certified Bluetooth controllers with the Spark. Maybe this can be mapped to your disabilities and capabilities. Bypassing the DJI Go App and the official controller.
2017-9-4
Use props
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-9-4 10:50
Maybe it didn't let him fly because of the compulsory update you need to have - released a few days ago. Also, there's an app on the AppStore called "Spark Pro". It lets you use apple certified Bluetooth controllers with the Spark. Maybe this can be mapped to your disabilities and capabilities. Bypassing the DJI Go App and the official controller.

Well we have the official controller so don't want it to go to waste.  Do you have link for app?  TBH the aps need to be easier to find.  I did download the DJI assistant 2 yesterday for my pc, that'll help with updates.  
2017-9-4
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Pegasus79 Posted at 2017-9-4 14:22
Well we have the official controller so don't want it to go to waste.  Do you have link for app?  TBH the aps need to be easier to find.  I did download the DJI assistant 2 yesterday for my pc, that'll help with updates.

There it is on the AppStore, I'm not sure if DJI approves of 3rd party Spark apps on here though. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/spark-pro-for-dji-drone/id1263643643?mt=8
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Pegasus79 Posted at 2017-9-4 14:22

What error message your brother has got in his Samsung? Go to DJI official website, then scan the QR code to download the APP, see if it is work. http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads  
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules