922 7 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I have been using it since the beginning of this year. I think now is the time, to tell the truth about owning Mavic Pro in view. I made the 9-month review covering the dark side of drone so you know what to expect when purchasing.

What unexpected issues have you experienced with your Mavic Pro and what did you do to fix it?

[size=14.6667px]

2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for bringing us the attention, and your diligent work. For many of the cases, we got positive feedback, but we have to admit that all electronic products need to be optimized. Technology will never stop its steps. We will also keep moving on to produce better products with great quality. Appreciate all the users' feedbacks which also offer a great help for us to go forward.
2017-9-4
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I can't say I agree with you too much. For the price and the amount of technology the Mavic has, it is still a brilliant drone. There is no product ever built that performs flawlessly 100% of the time, then add a multitude of flying conditions, cold, hot, wind, dust etc, inexperienced fliers, idiots and those that fly carefully and there will still be minor issues. NASA throws billions of dollars at space shuttles and still crashes them.
2017-9-4
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Honestly I don't agree with most of your points. The gimbal can be adjusted for rapid movements or cinematic movements, so I wouldn't say that's an issue. The battery time is the same thing with every drone (or the mileage of your car) and you get a good 20 something minutes while keeping a good amount of battery left to avoid damaging the battery. In my case the remote charges the phone, but it does it so slowly that I could fly 4-5 batteries, more than enough for me.
2017-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have to agree with those above, many of your problems as you also say yourself can be worked around easily and all the tools are there for this, maybe one day you will get a drone that will just work straight out of the box with no problems, but I think most of the people who enjoy flying also enjoy the challenge of being able to master what they spent their hard earned money on, I certainly do.
2017-9-5
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

I don't think there will ever be a drone that's fail safe. The idea of  Crashing keeps you sharp as a tac.
2017-9-5
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sime Posted at 2017-9-5 01:46
I don't think there will ever be a drone that's fail safe. The idea of  Crashing keeps you sharp as a tac.

" The idea of  Crashing keeps you sharp as a tac."

Precisely what's made me a better pilot....and of course practicing on those inexpensive copters that are quite a challenge to even fly.   
2017-9-5
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

It's ok not to agree I'm fine with that. I'm fully aware not everybody will agree or have seen the problems I had.

Mistake not, the review was not to bash DJI as they are doing a fantastic job. But I have been wanting to do a review for a long time on Mavic Pro, so I decided to do a different approach and highlight some of the things other reviews does not spend so much time on.  

Thank you all for your feedback
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules