Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Finally done it
1604 20 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason Grubb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5456 ft
United Kingdom

After waiting 8 weeks for a resolution to the failware upgrade on my P4.I decided it was time to return to the store. I'll keep you all updated with progress and outcome.
2017-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am for sure curious
2017-9-4
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

Most companies are smart enough to make us "stupid consumers" agree to no class action without us even knowing. Or in most cases, no litigation at all, for that matter. (At least in the United States.)

But that still doesn't mean that we have been misled and swindled as a consumer. I bought a high-end consumer product for thousands of dollars that has since been destroyed by DJI firmware updates. And aside from the fact that I still have physical ownership of the DJI equipment, I find this to be no different than grand theft, in the case of our aircraft having been "failwared" and completely worthless at this point. Not even close to what it was when we purchased it.

All of this happening at DJI's persistent "update firmware" messages. I guess from their perspective, it was our stupid decision to upgrade.

Please keep us posted on how things go. I sure hope you can get your money back.

This is getting ridiculous.
2017-9-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good luck!
2017-9-4
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.4

United States

Please keep us posted.  I hope for the best results
2017-9-4
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Maplins UK. Have taken back the drone after a 40 minute discussion with the manager. They have sent my P4 of to their tech team,  who I'm advised may send it back to DJI. I have advised I do NOT want a refurd device in replacement. It's a full refund or a like for like new one......Im advised I should hear back from them in 2 weeks. Just so you guys know my drone was purchased in December 2016, So is still under warranty. When I get an update I'll let you know.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sorry for the mishap and the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Since you decided to send it back, we will also take care of it. Hope everything goes smoothly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-4
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Thor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get my bird back safe and sound flying like it was before the firmware upgrade.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-9-5 11:27
Thanks Thor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get my bird back safe and sound flying like it was before the firmware upgrade.

Local team will try their best to get it addressed, please wait patiently.
2017-9-5
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update. Maplins text me today to say my drone has a critical issue and is being sent back to DJI. There was me thinking it was a firmware issue ! ......time will tell.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-9-13 13:56
Update. Maplins text me today to say my drone has a critical issue and is being sent back to DJI. There was me thinking it was a firmware issue ! ......time will tell.

You can also post the case number here so that we can help to check the status if you need further assistance.
2017-9-13
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

No-one has offered me a case number as yet...can you advise please
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-9-14 14:26
No-one has offered me a case number as yet...can you advise please

If the drone has been sent back to DJI by Maplins, there should be a case number, you can get it from them. But I believe your dealer will take care of it for you.
2017-9-14
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update,  I was rung today by Maplins to say DJI have my drone and they will update me when they hear back from them.....
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-9-21 11:53
Update,  I was rung today by Maplins to say DJI have my drone and they will update me when they hear back from them.....

Fine, hope everything goes smoothly and it can be sorted out shortly, should you have any further questions about this case, please provide us with the case number, we'd like to check it for you. Like Mindy mentioned, you can get the case number from Maplins.
2017-9-21
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Its back...I have my drone back from DJI. Engineers reports shown faulty rc. They also for some reason replaced the charger. Test have been done to 120m height and 500m distance. Just need this storm in the UK to pass over for a test flight. It's been 14 weeks grounded since the firmware update so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-10-16 10:36
Its back...I have my drone back from DJI. Engineers reports shown faulty rc. They also for some reason replaced the charger. Test have been done to 120m height and 500m distance. Just need this storm in the UK to pass over for a test flight. It's been 14 weeks grounded since the firmware update so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi, Jason, glad to know you got it back.
Good luck with you and fly safe.
2017-10-16
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Been raining and very windy since Monday so no test flight as yet. Fingers crossed.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-10-18 13:05
Been raining and very windy since Monday so no test flight as yet. Fingers crossed.

Yes, safety first. Please let us know the flight performance.
2017-10-18
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Test flight done ......all perfect Thankyou DJI after a long 16 week wait my bird is back.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-10-24 14:12
Test flight done ......all perfect Thankyou DJI after a long 16 week wait my bird is back.

It is so nice to hear the feedback. Enjoy your flight. And should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules