LOST CONNECTION "WARNING:COMMAND TIMED OUT"
1881 8 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bapski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56171 ft
United States

first off i havw the fly more combo. i am on the latest dji go app, use an iphone and connect via OTG.

i have done all my flying just around my property as i want to make sure all the issues of lost connections, and dropping from the sky issues and etc. are ironed out.

ive had this spark since july 25 and have flown it almost entirely around my property which in a subdivision with no power lines or the like that have caused any interference.  since ive had this spark, i have not had any obvious issues until yesterday when me ands my son was flying the spark as usual around my house.  since my son was also flying, i even had the app set at beginner mode.

well all was well until we lost connection and the prompt WARNING:COMMAND TIMED OUT. I guess this came up after i issued return to home commands probably at least 3 times. i immediately had my son go around the house to see if i he can find the spark and also with me running behind to see if i can get the connection back.

my son eventually found it at the back of the house hovering and ultimately got connection back and had RTH.

this was really a scary thing and all after i thought my spark was ready for primetime and i can take it to my mountain bike trail.

i tried to replicate the issue by flying with 2 more batteries with my final flight getting to max altitude @120m and distance of 1/2 mile.

can someone please help me and see how I LOST MY CONNECTION via OTG after 55flights.  i really want to take the spark to the trails with me and start having real fun with it.

thank you in advance.

2017-9-4
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

This has happened to me too, and I would love a good explanation. The key is don't panic in this situation as the spark will automatically RTH eventually.
2017-9-4
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
United States

larrymull Posted at 2017-9-4 15:51
This has happened to me too, and I would love a good explanation. The key is don't panic in this situation as the spark will automatically RTH eventually.

i was just confident that my chances of locating the drone was good as it was just probably in my backyard.
2017-9-4
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Judging by the google map, you are standing your driveway and flying around a 2 story house. You are simply NOT maintaining VISUAL LINE OF SITE!!!
You are flying illegally (in some countries) if you cannot maintain (visual) LINE OF SITE.

If you are using your cell phone wifi to fly, then signal penetration would be very weak, especially through 4 bed room walls. This is why it is frequently losing connection.
You are so lucky the drone has obstacle avoidance. At 6.50 the warnings shown it nearly crashed on RTH.

You sir should read the manual a few times over and stay in beginner mode until you have an understanding.
If you are going to teach your son to fly, go out to an open field. Dont fly in the burbs at low altitudes near houses with 2.4ghz/5ghz wifi routers.

2017-9-4
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-9-4 17:03
Judging by the google map, you are standing your driveway and flying around a 2 story house. You are simply NOT maintaining VISUAL LINE OF SITE!!!
You are flying illegally (in some countries) if you cannot maintain (visual) LINE OF SITE.

Thanks for the input but you missed the part where i mentioned ive flown on the same area at most 50 times and had no issues.

Ill take into point though that it was my son was controlling the aircraft but this does not explain how on the next flights with the same pattern did not have the same issue.

Thank you for your input though
2017-9-4
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

while i would normally say ignore the input about visual line of site, buuut the spark uses wifi which is much more easily obstructed and blocked so you do need to consider that..and wifi is less flexible..     as long as the spark hasn't crashed, it should return home when it breaks connection after around 10 seconds.. but that's also assuming nothing else confused the spark since the spark doesn't have hardware redundancies..
2017-9-4
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Line of sight applies  to the radio control as well as to your eyes..  It could be that on other flights the spark was on a different WiFi channel .. or that for some reason that one time there was some other sort of WiFi interference.
2017-9-4
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bapski Posted at 2017-9-4 17:46
Thanks for the input but you missed the part where i mentioned ive flown on the same area at most 50 times and had no issues.

Ill take into point though that it was my son was controlling the aircraft but this does not explain how on the next flights with the same pattern did not have the same issue.

Try the same flight pattern but this time maintaining line of site at all times.

Next, try standing on your driveway near your garage door and flying over and into your backyard without moving.

You will see Wifi works best when free of obstruction - clear line of site.

2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Please export your flight data with DJI Aissitant 2 and upload to dropbox. Post the link here and we can help you analyze the reason. Thanks for support.  
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules