RC Disconnecting still..............
631 5 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phil_Self
New
United States

Hi

I have a Spark with the fly more (RC) package, and I have an additional battery. Recently I have been getting the "disconnected" message. Sometimes it restores communication and others not. Sometimes RTH works, sometimes not, usually the joy sticks do work though and if I have line of site I can normally guide it back

I believe I am on the latest firmware for the Spark, RC, all 3 batteries (I cannot actually find a way of getting my firmware levels and being able to make sure they are actually the latest).

I know there has been a whole load of information about this -  but I just cannot find if this issue is fixed and what other settings needs to be set

I dont turn my phone into "Airplane" mode (Iphone 6plus) - perhaps I should??

Can someone let me know in fairly simplistic terms how to get this resolved - I am really loosing all confidence to fly this right now

Any help greatly appreciated and as said I know there is loads of info out there I just cannot find a summary of whether the problem is resolved and what to do to get it resolved - over water this morning getting the "disconnected" message was freaking me out!

Phil

2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Firstly, the latest firmware V 01.00.0600 is mandatory, you have to upgrade the drone to the latest version. You can check the version info by this route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. Upgrade it if needed.
If you lose RC signal during fly, you can try to adjust the position of the antennas, make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. But if you can control the drone when you lose the connection, it might be that you are losing image transmission signal, for this case, except adjusting antennas, you can also try to exit the transmission interface and enter again, or just relaunch the app.
RTH needs some requirements to be activated, please refer to our user's manual at page 14 to 15.
Besides, you can also try to fly in another wide place with less interference. Hope it helps. Spark的返航过程.png

2017-9-4
Use props
Phil_Self
New
United States

ok thanks

The App is 4.1.9, the Aircraft is 01.00.0600, the RC is 01.00.0400, the flight database and App database is 01.00.01.05

I'll try again making sure the Antenna's point towards the drone.

This is definitely NOT just image transmission - it clearly says its disconnected in the top left of the screen and RTH from the iphone does not work

I presume I'm firmware levels are all the latest?

Should I always put the iphone in airplane mode?

Whilst I understand about the need to do this in other areas with less interference - this was not likely a factor here - I was on a beach in Hawaii today but it has done this several other times in a complete variety of situations - so this does not appear a factor here

Thanks for your assistance so far

Phil
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Phil_Self Posted at 2017-9-4 23:26
ok thanks

The App is 4.1.9, the Aircraft is 01.00.0600, the RC is 01.00.0400, the flight database and App database is 01.00.01.05

You don't need to turn your phone into "Airplane" mode. Did you try to reset your wifi?  Please keep us updated if the problem remains.
2017-9-7
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Yesterday my spark and rc was disconnected for 10 times..even when it was just 5 meters aways from me. i am with latest firmware. the technician told me to use cable.. not wifi.. i feel sad about spark. lose confident even to fly mavic..
2017-10-18
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Not sure if this would help but you could try relinking the controller.

2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules