Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Traveling with Phantom 4 Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dar$han 3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36178 ft
  • >>>
United States

I want to take my Phantom 4 Pro+ to India this Christmas because I want to make a really nice video of the landscapes and also I need footage for projects I'm doing in college....I wanted to know if it's ok to travel over seas with a drone and what are the options if my drone get taken from me at the airport? I do have dji care refresh....please do let me know as soon as anyone can thanks
2017-9-4
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.4

United States

The TSA DOES ALLOW you to carry your P4P+ as a carry on when you board the plane, they do recommend that you drain the batteries prior to boarding.
As for the country you travel to, each country has different rules and regulations for recreatonal drones.  Here is a link that shas some great information about flying in India:  
Flying Drones in India
Also, I recommend a low profile backpack that doesn't scream "hey, Im carrying an expensive drone" when you're in public.  Here is the backpack that I recommend:  The DJI case that comes with your P4P+ fits right inside the backpack with room for extras, and is a little more "low profile" and comfortable to travel with.
Backpack Case for DJI Phantom 4 Pro +
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For whether you can bring the drone to the airplane, you can consult the airline company first.
You can also learn the drone regulations of the countries that you are going to: http://www.dji.com/flysafe
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules