Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
new mavic firmware upgrade
2071 24 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
special patrol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34308 ft
Australia

hi , i purchased a new mavic pro 2 days ago and have not been able to upgrade firmware on the mavic without it failing at about 64%
i have upgraded the remote to v01.03.1000 , but the mavic fails every time and is on v01.03.0400 have tried to upgrade seperatly and together on dji assistant 2 [ thats how i got the remote upgraded ] also on the dji go app withouth any success, bateries are fully charged,  good internet conection , can anyone help please
2017-9-4
Use props
Bernoullis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4938 ft
United Kingdom

Suggest you read all of this thread here regarding firmware  v01.03.1000.  There seem to be many issues with it, and it appears that not everyone experiences quite the same thing.  The thread offers various 'methods' by which some users have managed to get things working so, again, be sure to read all of the thread.

2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried to upgrade the drone via DJI Assistant 2? What error message have you got? Please post a screenshot, thank you in advance!
2017-9-5
Use props
special patrol
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-5 00:37
Have you tried to upgrade the drone via DJI Assistant 2? What error message have you got? Please post a screenshot, thank you in advance!

this is the screen shot of the error message
Screenshot (2).png
2017-9-5
Use props
special patrol
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-5 00:37

here is a second screen shot

this is a another

this is a another
2017-9-5
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear special patrol,

Did you try to upgrade by DJIGO4 or only by Assistant?
2017-9-5
Use props
PSDTrainer
Flight distance : 32904 ft
United States

I faced the same issue when my Mavic arrived in late June. I live right on the edge of a NFZ, (which is my own fault for not realizing before trying it in my home) and was unable to get the d/l to complete. It would run to anywhere from 40% to 64% and freeze. I read several posts here in the forum, and went back through all the instructions, training videos, etc, and went with using the DJi Assistant 2. Once I'd downloaded/installed it onto my laptop, I was able to install all of the updates and everything worked well. As suggested previously, install it in your PC/Mac/Laptop, (whichever) and update the RC and Drone with the USB cable. I was very pleased with the feedback/info I'd received from the forums. I was (and still am) a NEWB, I am learning more and more from reading/researching all I can about the Mavic. I am about to travel to a few places and will use it again (after using it a great deal in Hawaii in July) and update as needed. Good luck-
2017-9-5
Use props
daivatam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

When my almost unused battery died last month outside of warranty, because failed fw upgrade ...always when trying to upgrade entire mavic the process failed at 64%, that is the percent when fw of battery start to try updating you could see it because led on battery start flashing. Try another battery in mavic if U have.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

special patrol Posted at 2017-9-5 04:09
here is a second screen shot

Could you PM me your DJI Account(the email address when you logged in DJI GO)? I would add the permission for you, then refer below and update again. Thanks for cooperation!

After getting the permission, you can update to 01.03.0813 Beta version. Please make sure the update is successful, press the record button on RC or App to make sure that the camera is taking a VIDEO, then upgrade to the latest firmware 01.03.1000 as the normal process.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PSDTrainer Posted at 2017-9-5 11:23
I faced the same issue when my Mavic arrived in late June. I live right on the edge of a NFZ, (which is my own fault for not realizing before trying it in my home) and was unable to get the d/l to complete. It would run to anywhere from 40% to 64% and freeze. I read several posts here in the forum, and went back through all the instructions, training videos, etc, and went with using the DJi Assistant 2. Once I'd downloaded/installed it onto my laptop, I was able to install all of the updates and everything worked well. As suggested previously, install it in your PC/Mac/Laptop, (whichever) and update the RC and Drone with the USB cable. I was very pleased with the feedback/info I'd received from the forums. I was (and still am) a NEWB, I am learning more and more from reading/researching all I can about the Mavic. I am about to travel to a few places and will use it again (after using it a great deal in Hawaii in July) and update as needed. Good luck-

Please refer the above and tell me your DJI account, I will help you to get the permission. Thanks!
2017-9-6
Use props
special patrol
lvl.1
Australia

Hi everyone, problem solved , so sometimes when conecting to dji assistant 2 [ whether both the remote and mavic or just the mavic ]  i would get a notice bottom right of windows 10 screen saying this drive has an error click to fix, which i did several times, but this did not help , by midnight after tearing my hair and wondering what i got myself into , i took out the memory card from the mavic
and checked it on my desktop found i had the same message, so i replaced it with a new 64 gb card tried again with the same result, in desperation i tried to update the mavic without a memory card and guess what, update successfull, first go, so whether its my computer or the mavic the memory card was some how interfering, but it did  record a couple of stills along the way to the card
I do have one more question, using my phone in the mavic while flying will i still receive calls and is this going to interfere with the app or is there a way of disabling the phone so this wont happen ?

Thanks everyone for your imput and help

2017-9-6
Use props
special patrol
lvl.1
Australia

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-9-5 04:41
Dear special patrol,

Did you try to upgrade by DJIGO4 or only by Assistant?

Hi, yes both ways i have finally got it sorted you can read my post, thanks
2017-9-6
Use props
Forbutt'S
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Susan, am having the same problems with upgrading, are you able to give my account assess to other firmwares. Currently only see the latest version. Many thanks.
2017-9-6
Use props
Forbutt'S
lvl.1
Australia

Sorry my account Damien.forbutt@gmail.com
2017-9-6
Use props
special patrol
lvl.1
Australia

daivatam Posted at 2017-9-5 12:50
When my almost unused battery died last month outside of warranty, because failed fw upgrade ...always when trying to upgrade entire mavic the process failed at 64%, that is the percent when fw of battery start to try updating you could see it because led on battery start flashing. Try another battery in mavic if U have.

ok thank you
2017-9-6
Use props
special patrol
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-6 00:32
Please refer the above and tell me your DJI account, I will help you to get the permission. Thanks!

Hi dji susan,  my account       keithandchristine@bigpond.com    thank you
2017-9-6
Use props
special patrol
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-6 00:31
Could you PM me your DJI Account(the email address when you logged in DJI GO)? I would add the permission for you, then refer below and update again. Thanks for cooperation!

After getting the permission, you can update to 01.03.0813 Beta version. Please make sure the update is successful, press the record button on RC or App to make sure that the camera is taking a VIDEO, then upgrade to the latest firmware 01.03.1000 as the normal process.

Hi Susan have not received anything about the beta version from you and everything is the same on dji assistant, i managed to update to the latest version by taking my memory card out not sure why this is, do i still need the beta version and then update ? i  have not flown it yet
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Forbutt'S Posted at 2017-9-6 01:37
Sorry my account Damien.forbutt@gmail.com

Copy that, Please refer to the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.
1. Log into your DJI account.
2.Upgrade the firmware V1.3.8.10 or V1.3.8.11. or V1.3.8.13
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest one, it will be working.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

special patrol Posted at 2017-9-6 00:42
Hi everyone, problem solved ,  so sometimes when conecting to dji assistant 2 [ whether both the remote and mavic or just the mavic ]  i would get a notice bottom right of windows 10 screen saying this drive has an error click to fix, which i did several times, but this did not help , by midnight after tearing my hair and wondering what i got myself into , i took out the memory card from the mavic
and checked it on my desktop found i had the same message, so i replaced it with a new 64 gb card tried again with the same result, in desperation i tried to update the mavic without a memory card and guess what, update successfull, first go, so whether its my computer or the mavic the memory card was some how interfering, but it did  record a couple of stills along the way to the card
I do have one more question, using my phone in the mavic while flying will i still receive calls and is this going to interfere with the app or is there a way of disabling the phone so this wont happen ?

Please check the current firmware under General Settings, make sure it is up to date. It is recommended to enable the Airplane mode of your phone when you are using your phone with the Mavic.
2017-9-8
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Special Patrol you wouldn't need the beta version now since you updated already you are fine I wouldn't download that beta if you are on 1000 I was just keep it
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

special patrol Posted at 2017-9-7 00:34
Hi Susan have not received anything about the beta version from you and everything is the same on dji assistant, i managed to update to the latest version by taking my memory card out not sure why this is, do i still need the beta version and then update ? i  have not flown it yet

Received with thanks! I have forwarded to our engineers to get the permission. Please refer my last reply and update the firmware later.
2017-9-8
Use props
special patrol
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-8 03:06
Received with thanks! I have forwarded to our engineers to get the permission. Please refer my last reply and update the firmware later.

Hi Susan , thanks for the help i received the downgrade build but  could only downgrade the mavic not the remote , then upgraded it back to v01.03.1000 and this didnt change anything the sd card is still not recognized  even though its in the mavic when i try to open disc f it states [ please insert disc into usb drive f ] or removing the disc and inserting it in the computer [ there is a problem with this drive scan the drive now to fix ] I have flown the mavic for 4 batteries now on beginner mode it appears fine so far to me and the camera records video and takes stills, i just take the sd card out and save it to my files
2017-9-10
Use props
special patrol
lvl.1
Australia

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-8 01:35
Special Patrol you wouldn't need the beta version now since you updated already you are fine I wouldn't download that beta if you are on 1000 I was just keep it

Hi yea thanks for the advice thats what i thought also , but i still have an issue with the sd card and went ahead with the beta version , but this did not help  i went back to the v01.03.1000 straight away as i couldnt downgrade the remote only the mavic all seems to be working as far as i can tell , i just take out the sd card and save the files on my computer
2017-9-10
Use props
special patrol
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-8 00:23
Please check the current firmware under General Settings, make sure it is up to date. It is recommended to enable the Airplane mode of your phone when you are using your phone with the Mavic.

Thank you, airplane mode on , v01.03.1000 versions on remote and mavic , have had 4 filghts now on beginner mode all seems ok to me
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

special patrol Posted at 2017-9-10 00:30
Thank you, airplane mode on , v01.03.1000 versions on remote and mavic , have had 4 filghts now on beginner mode all seems ok to me

Thanks for your update, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules