P3P: Yaw and tilt
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike65
lvl.1

Denmark

Does anyone have a definitive solution for the tilted horizon issue?
My horizon drops to the right, especially after rotating the bird on its own axis (yaw).
It will then try to correct itself - level out, but does so very, very slowly (10-15 secs). For this reason I don't really consider the gimbal roll finetuning a valid solution.

Thanks!
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Could you please post a short video about this issue? I would recommend you do a gimbal calibration, see if it is better.
2017-9-5
Use props
Mike65
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-5 01:34
Could you please post a short video about this issue? I would recommend you do a gimbal calibration, see if it is better.

Thanks, Diana - will post when I'm off work or tomorrow...
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Mike65 Posted at 2017-9-5 02:15
Thanks, Diana - will post when I'm off work or tomorrow...

Waiting for it. Besides, please also provide me with the firmware version of the drone, is it up to date?
2017-9-5
Use props
Mike65
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Diana (and if others want to comment): here's a short clipTilted horizon
I can post more if needed...

As mentioned, most tilts occurred after yawing / rotating, but in this clip its just straight forward, and then...tilt. But why??? There was practically no wind whatsoever. I'm flying the P3P (one of the later models w. new motors) and just updated all equipment prior to this flight - Phantom, RC and my 2 batteries with the latest build: Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.11.20 - 2017-07-06

I have never calibrated the IMU, but did calibrate the compass a few times. Not for this flight though.

Please help, thanks a lot,
Mike
2017-9-5
Use props
Mike65
lvl.1

Denmark

By the way: yes the clip is just the 720p feed to my iPad (air2) - with the latest Go app for P3P
Mike
2017-9-5
Use props
Mike65
lvl.1

Denmark

Waiting...
2017-9-6
Use props
Mike65
lvl.1

Denmark

...for a response???
2017-9-7
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do a gimbal cal whilst hovering...
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Mike65 Posted at 2017-9-5 10:36

As you mentioned, most tilts occurred after yawing/rotating, could you please provide me with a video when its yawing? Besides, if you can upload it to the Dropbox, then provide me with a link to download it, that will be great. Please click the 'Reply' button if you have any further questions, then I'll get a reminder and will be able to see your reply in time.
2017-9-18
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Mike65 Posted at 2017-9-5 10:36

You didn't mention if you did a gimbal calibration? If not, you might try it. But I wouldn't do it while hovering. It states not to be moving the aircraft while the calibration is in process. I have experienced this a little bit with my P3A on several occasion too. All of the sudden the gimbal will just be tilted when I start to take off. No reason for it, but if I do a gimbal calibration it will straighten out. I haven't had it that I noticed after flying and yawing or turning like you mentioned though.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules