Join the DJI Inspire 2 Firmware Beta Test!
123Next >
6960 92 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Dear Sir/Madam,

DJI is looking for a group (no more than 50 people) of professional Inspire 2 owners to help us test the beta firmware of our Inspire 2 and help us polish it with the help of your feedback.

As a token of our appreciation, those of you who participate in the beta will get to:
• Involved as beta users and experience the beta firmware of Inspire 2.
• Interact with our developers by reporting bugs, suggesting new features, completing journals, and discussing in our beta forums.
• Your constructive suggestions will be applied to the follow-up updates.
• Participate in fun and rewarding assignments.  
• DJI Credits which can be used for purchases in the DJI Online Store.

The deadline for our application is GMT September 10th, 2017.
If you are interested and have already owned an Inspire 2, please log in at http://portal.dji-beta.com with your DJI account and apply for the Inspire 2 Beta Project.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
DJI Inspire 2 Beta Team
beta@dji.com

2017-9-5
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Aren't we already "beta testers"? Or maybe it just feels that way.......
2017-9-5
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

I APPLIED i this its a rude joke around here
2017-9-5
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-9-5 05:08
Aren't we already "beta testers"?  Or maybe it just feels that way.......

Hahahahahaha we are beta tester paying
2017-9-5
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

DJI sets the bar very low to be a beta tester.  Jesus.  Why can't they use their own devices to do the beta test or send devices to beta testers for the duration of the beta.  Worst run beta ever.  There is really absolutely no incentives to become a beta tester.  What a joke!  
The only time someone would be willing to use one of their "beta" firmware is out of desperation because their official released firmware sucked so bad that it makes the quadcopter unsafe to fly.
2017-9-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Signed up to help the other owners with Inspire 2.  So far, I was on the beta testing for the Inspire 1 and this could be interesting to learn from DJI again.

I haven't been accepted yet..
Rich
2017-9-5
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4692 ft
Philippines

ibuyufo Posted at 2017-9-5 20:23
DJI sets the bar very low to be a beta tester.  Jesus.  Why can't they use their own devices to do the beta test or send devices to beta testers for the duration of the beta.  Worst run beta ever.  There is really absolutely no incentives to become a beta tester.  What a joke!  
The only time someone would be willing to use one of their "beta" firmware is out of desperation because their official released firmware sucked so bad that it makes the quadcopter unsafe to fly.

I think it's a good way also to have us in their circle. Different circumstances may arise on different locations and conditions. Maybe it's a good thing we are participating, more of like crowd-sourcing... of experience.
2017-9-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Free replacement if crashed by beta?
2017-9-5
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-9-5 22:03
Free replacement if crashed by beta?

Haha, good point there mate!
2017-9-5
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Despite all the problems and features i am missing, i think this is a good move from DJI to get feedback and suggestions.
I have a lot on the list to tell to the developers, so why not take the chance to interact with them?
Instead of ranting all over the place man up and help to make it a better product!
2017-9-5
Use props
Erwin Kats
lvl.2
Netherlands

Freaking funny that this message shows up.
4 weeks ago I told DJI support that they should make a Beta test program, they told me they already had beta testers among the users of the I2, yeah right lies straight from hell.
2017-9-6
Use props
fanse7f41122
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3907 ft
United States

i was the first position filled for the beta testing! also i wanted to become a beta to help the people who are having issues with the i2 & p4p. mainly the i2. i strongly beleive the beta testing will be a huge move forward for dji. i think this will give them somethings they will work on before they come out with the new fws
2017-9-6
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

I am very interested, but also timid at the same time!

I have done beta testing in the very distant past, but for those instances, we were given the products to test. It wasn't testing using our thousands of dollars worth of product.

Good point brought up Inc a previous post -- what happens if the aircraft has an accident? Eek.
2017-9-6
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Every time I try to click on the link, my computer tells me that the link is not a real https address and that it's not secure.  Won't let me go to the page.  Getting this error.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from portal.dji-beta.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
2017-9-6
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

Blackwood take the comma out of the link that is your issue also it is not secured
go to avanced settings and proceed anyways
2017-9-6
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Question for DJI on this one ...

If we apply and are accepted and begin testing with the beta firmwares, do we have a way to revert back to the standard public releases if we feel like the beta firmware is causing issues when we need to use Inspire 2 for professional applications?

I would actually be very interested to help out. And I am a nitpicker ... So feedback would probably be half decent from me (ha ha) ... But I would just like to make sure that, if necessary, I can always go to a stable and reliable firmware.

What do you think?
2017-9-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I'd only volunteer if I had a 100% replacement I2 in place for the duration of the beta test period, and not a refurb model either.  That or furnish me a unit to try.  Sorry, but a discount on a future purchase isn't going to cut it.

Somehow, my insurance agent might say, "You were using beta firmware, crashed it, and you expect us to cover the $7k in damages?  Hahahaha!!"  Heck, DJI won't even cover damages done via their own SDK app developers kits.

2017-9-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is a great idea I think.
2017-9-6
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-6 09:48
I'd only volunteer if I had a 100% replacement I2 in place for the duration of the beta test period, and not a refurb model either.  That or furnish me a unit to try.  Sorry, but a discount on a future purchase isn't going to cut it.

Somehow, my insurance agent might say, "You were using beta firmware, crashed it, and you expect us to cover the $7k in damages?  Hahahaha!!"  Heck, DJI won't even cover damages done via their own SDK app developers kits.

Well you'd have to be okay with it though if they gave you $10k in DJI Credits ... Ha ha ha ... Right?
2017-9-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-6 14:40
Well you'd have to be okay with it though if they gave you $10k in DJI Credits ... Ha ha ha ... Right?

I might take that, but I'd worry if it would work on cashing it in too,  i.e. "Check's in the mail...someday...maybe."  

Wonder why they don't check out their own gear on their own dime, other than let us maybe bust ours up for them on our dime?  If they cannot find anything wrong, they aren't looking hard enough.

I cannot figure out how they even managed to sell that new Focus Wheel 2 that doesn't even bolt up correctly to its mating bracket that it comes with from the start.  It's like, "If the alpha sorta works, then make a bunch of beta models to sell quick and let the buyers figure out they don't work."  Red props too.  Quality control is pretty sad, imho, after having extra parts left over from a shoddy assembly fall out of the insides of my new $1,899 X5S camera too.  That should not happen - ever!  Zero post inspection.

Hope some good comes out of this though, but I've had my questionable issues so I'm out unless the gear is furnished and on their dime, not mine.

2017-9-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

It is only fair that DJI provide hardware to the selected few beta testers. Who in the world would pay for their own money and time to be volunteered workers for DJI, a billion dollar company.
2017-9-6
Use props
rolsch_p4p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46834 ft
Germany

Hi DJI support.
Please install for P4P owner a beta group.
I am a beta tester ..., i use the firmware 01.04.608 beta because of a problem for calibration of the gimbal.

It would be advisable for the period of a beta test to provide the corresponding hardware free of charge.
If necessary, this hardware can be purchased later at a discounted price ;-)

2017-9-7
Use props
Rene vd Meer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DTK Posted at 2017-9-6 16:36
It is only fair that DJI provide hardware to the selected few beta testers. Who in the world would pay for their own money and time to be volunteered workers for DJI, a billion dollar company.

I agree.
I would love to test the Inspire firmware if DJI supplied me the HW as well.
2017-9-7
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

so to answer the rollback question yes we can rollback our firm wares i emailed them last night (Beta Team) i will do my parts if you have questions i will answer what i am able too through testing unless DJI asks me not to.
2017-9-7
Use props
fans6886a40e
New
United States

How do I beta test when I can't even update my drone? I just purchased a second full price phantom 4 pro. I figured I'd send the old one back to DJI to fix and in the mean time I would have this one. I just hooked it up to my lap top opened dji assistant 2 and I'm getting the exact same error message for a brand new, never flown drone right out of the box? I'm living in a nightmare.
2017-9-7
Use props
fans6886a40e
New
United States

Is there a united states phone number I can call to try to help me through this nightmare?
2017-9-7
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

yes there is look up support on the dji site if you cant find one ill help ya out later granted they cant understand us half the time but if that is the case i just ask for someone else
2017-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

EagleEyeUAV Posted at 2017-9-7 05:34
so to answer the rollback question yes we can rollback our firm wares i emailed them last night (Beta Team) i will do my parts if you have questions i will answer what i am able too through testing unless DJI asks me not to.

just be sure, because  we  could not roll back the FW when we were testing the Inspire 1 beta version. I could not roll back to 1.81 after testing and was pretty ticked off.

So be careful
Rich
2017-9-7
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

BIG ERROR Your connection is not private On the site can someone fix this thank you

2017-9-7
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

they said we can roll back im sure if dji wants to move forward in their company they will let roll backs happen im really not too worried about it
anyone have any idea how long the beta tests go?
2017-9-7
Use props
UST
New
United States

Hello, I'm having the worst issue with my Inspire 2 charging hub. Lately it's only been recognizing half my batteries, thus only charging half my batteries. I have 3 sets and mark them A,B,C. I always fly with the same two batteries in a pair (AA, BB, CC). I'm positive I'm putting them in correctly, but the hub will only link on to certain batteries I have now. my A set isn't connecting, and one of my C batteries won't connect either. I'm responsible when I fly, and have kept the batteries in great shape. Not sure where to go from here, I've got a big video shoot in another week and I have to get these batteries up and running again.

- Mike
2017-9-7
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-7
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Getting a NULL error when trying to save after entering my equipment
serial number for my Inspire 2 , I am using the one from the label which
is behind the battery mount , any ideas?
2017-9-7
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I applied and wont do anything without looking at the backout procedure first. I will be real careful if I chose a project and will read the fine print.
2017-9-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

EagleEyeUAV Posted at 2017-9-7 11:18
they said we can roll back im sure if dji wants to move forward in their company they will let roll backs happen im really not too worried about it
anyone have any idea how long the beta tests go?

When you log into the site and the project you can see the duration 9/9 to 9/29
Rich
2017-9-8
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

rich i am confused by this also because it reads like this which makes no sense whatsoever... 10/09/2017 to 29/09/2017 where as the day and month should be swapped and is it really almost 1 year of beta testing?
2017-9-8
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

EagleEyeUAV Posted at 2017-9-8 09:00
rich i am confused by this also because it reads like this which makes no sense whatsoever... 10/09/2017 to 29/09/2017 where as the day and month should be swapped and is it really almost 1 year of beta testing?

That's the normal way of righting the date in other countries.  That reads Sept 10, 2017 - Sept29, 2017
2017-9-8
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

I would like to follow up on my application.

Thanks!
2017-9-8
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Apparently routine tests performed by DJI staff in Shenzen facility doesn't provide reliable results. There's a handful of cool pilots among us with enough knowledge, experience and - most importantly - consciousness to became additional DJI beta testers. I believe the concept of beta testing - hardware or firmware, doesn't matter - in various different environments is the only logical approach for every manufacturer of such scale. I must agree, however, that to expect us to risk our own equipment during testing is a bit ... hmm ... intimidating, for the lack of better description.

As a freelance journalist years ago I was testing and reviewing tons of expensive audio recording equipment in my studio, sent to me directly by manufacturers. After testing and publishing my review in independent professional magazines, the hardware was either sent back or purchased at nicely discounted price, if desired. Simple like that.

2017-9-9
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

i really wish DJI would take this approach also
2017-9-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now