Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Join the DJI Inspire 2 Firmware Beta Test!
6768 93 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-9-17 17:29
IMO Software /firmware improvements will be the way DJI will continue to lead the market;
fewer hardware changes but overall, there look to be gains in flight and imaging experience with the new approach.

But no more flub-ups like last firmware release.
2017-9-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-17 18:05
But no more flub-ups like last firmware release.

Here's how I look at the issue with bugs in firmware:

We are in a cutting edge hobby. The engineers who think of changes have a design intent in mind. They implement things under their view of known parameters. These work for 'most' users. There will be exceptions and of course, nobody likes to be inconvenienced.

These 'bugs' are discovered when the FW is released. Developers get feedback. They weigh the pros and cons of going back or going forward in a different direction. Next version is released.

One thing DJI could benefit from doing is to separate 'security and safety' upgrades from 'enriched features' upgrades. The former may be mandated by new legislation or discoveries that have a safety impact. These should be mandatory. However, the latter can easily be deferred to save users like yourself belly aches.

Yeah, but everyone is still learning what's best. I see this as part of the excitement of being in the game at the time we are in.
2017-9-17
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-9-17 19:25
Here's how I look at the issue with bugs in firmware:

We are in a cutting edge hobby. The engineers who think of changes have a design intent in mind. They implement things under their view of known parameters. These work for 'most' users. There will be exceptions and of course, nobody likes to be inconvenienced.

For sure - it is very exciting and the cutting edge tech is a thrilling experience.

The core performance, reliability and safety should always be #1 priority. Extra/new features should be limited to what's left of the resources after "what we paid for" is guaranteed.

We have been working in the tech industry for quite a while, so firmware updates are a normal thing. But a bad update at the wrong time could put someone out of business.

All that being said, as long as DJI keeps its relationship strong with its customers, we can all work through it together. There's so many people who gave their feedback about the new issues, and that gets frustrating when you think it is falling on deaf ears.

I love my Inspire 2. Unbelievable technology. Makes me smile every time.
2017-9-18
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

When the software updates screw the drone they are downgrades.
So far DJI have fixed nothing on the inspire 2 but made things worse.... Kissing up, yeah that will make things better....
2017-9-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-18 06:14
For sure - it is very exciting and the cutting edge tech is a thrilling experience.

The core performance, reliability and safety should always be #1 priority. Extra/new features should be limited to what's left of the resources after "what we paid for" is guaranteed.

Happy flying!
2017-9-18
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

I agree with Mike-the-cat and paraviz02 On another note is that people always expect way to much, as said before this is a cutting edge technology. It isn't just a learning experience for us it is also a major learning curve for everyone else working too. Look at all the technological parts in these crafts it takes time they are doing their part in testing too, most people say they are not. I work in a business working with pinball,  arcade games, dartboards, ect. We often convert with new technologies and the firmware's that go along with these games seem to be a-lot like what goes on here at dji, we work through the issues, we also don't always get a direct response or a response at all. We patiently wait until the next firmware or 2 and our problems are virtually always are fixed. Technology is growing at very alarming rates. Just stay positive and trust that you will be in the air soon.
2017-9-19
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

EagleEyeUAV Posted at 2017-9-19 07:35
I agree with Mike-the-cat and paraviz02 On another note is that people always expect way to much, as said before this is a cutting edge technology. It isn't just a learning experience for us it is also a major learning curve for everyone else working too. Look at all the technological parts in these crafts it takes time they are doing their part in testing too, most people say they are not. I work in a business working with pinball,  arcade games, dartboards, ect. We often convert with new technologies and the firmware's that go along with these games seem to be a-lot like what goes on here at dji, we work through the issues, we also don't always get a direct response or a response at all. We patiently wait until the next firmware or 2 and our problems are virtually always are fixed. Technology is growing at very alarming rates. Just stay positive and trust that you will be in the air soon.

Thanks for sharing this and happy flying!
2017-9-19
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

you too Mike-the-cat!
2017-9-19
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

So is anything ever gonna come out of this beta test?
2017-10-13
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-9-5 05:08
Aren't we already "beta testers"?  Or maybe it just feels that way.......

I like your style
2017-10-14
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I applied in Sep, never got even as much as a email back.. O well, I'm counting on you guys to fix my stuff fast!
2017-10-18
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Erwin Kats Posted at 2017-9-6 02:16
Freaking funny that this message shows up.
4 weeks ago I told DJI support that they should make a Beta test program, they told me they already had beta testers among the users of the I2, yeah right lies straight from hell.

They have done Beta Testing program before...  this is not the first time.

Arg, just noticed the date on that was 09/2017....  probably should just delete this as its not relvent this far into 2018!
2018-7-19
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-10-18 17:18
I applied in Sep, never got even as much as a email back.. O well, I'm counting on you guys to fix my stuff fast!

It just dawned on me....
We are all in the Beta Program, even if you didn't sign up for it....
.200 firmware is the proof....

Very disappointing firmware.
2018-9-24
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

You can not work with the last two firmware!
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules