P4P Obsidian/Mavic Platinum the P5/M2?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Trilogy
lvl.2
India

Just to clarify, is the P4P OBsidian and the Mavic Platinum the new Phantom 5 and Mavic 2?

The reason I'm asking is I would like to pick one up for my Dad's birthday, but I would rather wait to get him the latest model.  Not to mention that these updated models are not that different from last years.
2017-9-5
Use props
dronie326
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810 ft
United States

I would say no. Typically DJI releases these "spinoffs" to help sell off remaining stock before introducing the new version a month or so afterward. That being said, I don't work for DJI or have any inside knowledge other than prior experience.
2017-9-5
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

Not even close to the P5P.  The P4P Obsidion is merely a different color (call it special issue) of the P4P, with very little difference from the standard P4P.  
Very nice of you to get one for your Dad.  I bought mine for my dad last July and he's out of the house more than ever.  (My mom thanks me for that)
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We have not got any news of Phantom 5 or Mavic 2 for now. We will release on our website as soon as there is any update.
2017-9-5
Use props
Drone Trilogy
lvl.2
United States

dronie326 Posted at 2017-9-5 11:41
I would say no. Typically DJI releases these "spinoffs" to help sell off remaining stock before introducing the new version a month or so afterward. That being said, I don't work for DJI or have any inside knowledge other than prior experience.

Good to know thanks.  I'll wait a couple more months for the new versions.
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules