Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles and Spark...Maximum Limit is 50M, Is this a joke?
2258 7 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fant0mas
lvl.2

Canada

Please tell me this isn't true!

I cannot fly over 50M with my Spark when I use the Goggles.
I get a "Maximum Limit Reached" warning and cannot go any further!
You must be kidding me!!!

No issue when flying with the remote.

Logged out of DJI Go, Logged back in...no change
I removed DJI Go, Cleared the cache and everything, Reinstalled...no change

What's going on?
Please Help.
2017-9-5
Use props
Anuvis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Yes this is the maximum distance according to new safety features....sory
2017-9-5
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too have the goggles, and I too face these flight limits, except when I connect to the dji go app first, and then switch to the goggles.  Then the flight limitations are lifted.

This seems to be what you are doing yourself (unless I'm misunderstanding your procedure).  You seem to be doing the same as I, and I don't have an explanation as to why you are facing these limits.

A few questions:  Are you connecting to the app just straight from phone, or are you going to phone + RC?  I'm going to phone + RC.

Also, I'm keeping the spark powered up.  If the spark is powered down at any point, the flight limits will be present upon power-up unless re-connected to the app (again).

Talk me through your steps, and let's see how they compare to mine.
2017-9-5
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

P.S.  While connecting the spark to the phone+RC, I'm going all the way through "go fly".  Though I'm not flying, I do press "go fly" before I disconnect from the phone and connect to the goggles.
2017-9-5
Use props
Fant0mas
lvl.2

Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-5 10:54
P.S.  While connecting the spark to the phone+RC, I'm going all the way through "go fly".  Though I'm not flying, I do press "go fly" before I disconnect from the phone and connect to the goggles.

I've got some answers. Thanks to you all.

Here are the steps to "temporally" remove the 50M limit (I hope):

1- Power Up the Spark & the Controller (wait for the green light)
2- Connect the Phone to the Controller
3- Start DJI GO app
4- Press "Go Fly" (Not sure if this step is needed)
5- Disconnect the Phone from the Controller
6- Connect the Goggles
7- Go Fly and Hope for the best

Let me know if it works for you (I'll test it myself later).
Also, let me know if you have to do it between each flight.

Why make things simple when one can make them complicated?
Are you listening DJI? Remove that ridiculous limit!
If we want to fly in Beginner Mode, we will turn it on ourselves.
2017-9-5
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fant0mas Posted at 2017-9-5 13:12
I've got some answers. Thanks to you all.

Here are the steps to "temporally" remove the 50M limit (I hope):

That's my steps.   I'm not doing anything different than you.  I flew this past weekend with the goggles, and following these steps I flew with no flight limitations.

There is one thing to try (it's a shot in the dark, I don't know if it has anything to do with anything), while in the app (past "go fly") manually set the home point to craft location.  I'm trying to come up with some circumstances as to why the procedure would not work for you, and one guess is that maybe home point isn't getting set when you do the switch.  I've had some indication that flight restrictions exist if there isn't a home point set.  This has only happened to me once, I've not gotten it to duplicate.  I've tried, but the spark will try very hard to set its own home point without any user interaction.
2017-9-5
Use props
Fant0mas
lvl.2

Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-5 13:21
That's my steps.   I'm not doing anything different than you.  I flew this past weekend with the goggles, and following these steps I flew with no flight limitations.

There is one thing to try (it's a shot in the dark, I don't know if it has anything to do with anything), while in the app (past "go fly") manually set the home point to craft location.  I'm trying to come up with some circumstances as to why the procedure would not work for you, and one guess is that maybe home point isn't getting set when you do the switch.  I've had some indication that flight restrictions exist if there isn't a home point set.  This has only happened to me once, I've not gotten it to duplicate.  I've tried, but the spark will try very hard to set its own home point without any user interaction.

Here's the updated list:

2- Connect the Phone to the Controller
3- Start DJI GO app
4- Press "Go Fly"
5- Wait a few seconds (App needs to tell aircraft to remove restrictions)
6- Make sure the Home Point has been updated
7- Disconnect the Phone from the Controller
8- Connect the Goggles
9- Go Fly and Hope for the best

It would be SO simpler if DJI could just remove that limit...
2017-9-5
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fant0mas Posted at 2017-9-5 13:57
Here's the updated list:

I'm not guaranteeing that works, I'm only suggesting you give "home point" a try and see if that resolves your issue.

And yes, I wish that the flight limitations didn't exist on the goggles at all, or that there was a way of turning them off through some settings within the goggles themselves.
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules